Confused about a Buyer's Request

aggie_n

Question

Hi,

I'm a seller offering photography services. I hear people say that in order to promote your gig, get orders, etc, you should send a buyer's request daily. Do they mean to respond to the requests that I see in my profile's "Buyers requests"? Do you normally get a lot? I've only gotten two and they aren't even related to my field. Anything I'm missing?

Thank you!

• Like 9
  • Confused 3

9 answers to this question

It's not so much that sending buyer requests will generate additional traffic from the algorithm. Responding to buyer's requests is just one of the better ways (some would say the only way) to build your profile, start getting positive reviews etc.

Fiverr sends you buyers requests based on the category your gigs fall into (e.g. if you do proofreading, these are the types of requests that show). If the buyers requests you are seeing aren't linked to the service you offer, it might be worth checking that you've put your gigs in the right category. You can click on 'gigs', then the little down arrow by the side of the specific gig, then 'edit' to check.

• Like 10

Hello,

aggie_n

see impressive and good buyer request Then you send offer with appropriate eye catching sentence. like:

what's want buyer?

what's you give buyer?

Chat Friendly , Obviously your buyer  knock you. Have a good smile and waiting for buyer . This Is Your Talents.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, slt_100 said:

It's not so much that sending buyer requests will generate additional traffic from the algorithm. Responding to buyer's requests is just one of the better ways (some would say the only way) to build your profile, start getting positive reviews etc.

Fiverr sends you buyers requests based on the category your gigs fall into (e.g. if you do proofreading, these are the types of requests that show). If the buyers requests you are seeing aren't linked to the service you offer, it might be worth checking that you've put your gigs in the right category. You can click on 'gigs', then the little down arrow by the side of the specific gig, then 'edit' to check.

Ohh so it is about responding to those requests. I see. Thank you for clarifying.

It is weird with photography, because there isn't a category called "photography". So the only options I have is "Video and Animation" and then I can choose a subcategory for photography. But still, I receive a lot of buyers requests about animation and video.  

• Like 7

Hi, aggie How are you. Buyer request nowadays are not so reliable this is my true opinion about buyer request. I suggest you to promote your services on Quora, Facebook and twitter. You can easily get orders from Quora. Don't depend on buyer request and keep it up. I appreciate that your photography services. Thanks

• Like 6

9 hours ago, jerrygraphicx said:

Hi, aggie How are you. Buyer request nowadays are not so reliable this is my true opinion about buyer request. I suggest you to promote your services on Quora, Facebook and twitter. You can easily get orders from Quora. Don't depend on buyer request and keep it up. I appreciate that your photography services. Thanks

Thank you for advice! I am trying to stay active on Quora in photography forums and answering people's questions. Do you just advertise your services there or is being active on the forums enough?

• Like 8

Hi, If you don't see buyer requests according to your field then make sure you have choose the right category of your gig. Also try to stay active as much as you can.
New sellers mostly see buyer requests few times in a day so It should be better to stay active and send buyer requests as soon as you can.

Also install fiverr app on your phone. Check buyer requests on phone one time in 10minutes.

• Like 5

19 hours ago, slt_100 said:

Right

• Like 6