What to do when seller is apparently ignoring a message?

crumviii

Question

Just curious since I'm interested in getting some art from two potential artists but when I send them a message (which they say to do if people have questions), I get no response. Like 2 weeks have passed (yes that patient).

Should I attempt to message again, or just give up?

7 answers to this question

If you have worked in the past with the seller and you have unresolved issues with an order, you can open a customer support ticket explaining the situation and they will contact the seller on your behalf. On the other hand, if you are trying to get a reply from sellers you have never worked with, message them for the first time and they don't reply, there is nothing you can do. The system will punish their response rate metrics but that's about it (their loss). You can try messaging them again to see how it goes but if they still don't reply, they will no longer be punished for it. I would recommend moving on and looking for a new seller who is willing to work with you.

1 hour ago, crumviii said:

Like 2 weeks have passed (yes that patient).

Should I attempt to message again, or just give up?

I'd say 2 weeks is plenty of time (and you are indeed patient), especially seeing that sellers would usually try to reply within 24 hours, as anything else will harm their response rate (and thereby potentially their seller level, too).

Did you check their profile to see when their last delivery was? In theory, you might have got someone who isn't active any more and didn't pause their account, or perhaps sick without having had the chance to turn on unavailable mode, or currently doesn't have internet for some reason, but two in a row sounds improbable, unless they happen to live in the same region and are affected by the same issue. Of course, it's also possible that they just didn't want to reply to your message for some reason, but chances are that they'd still have replied with a brief message to indicate that they can't help you, to not have their response rate drop.

Try to message again, if you really fancy them, or look for someone else. 

Responding to buyers message is directly related with the seller's metrics in Fiverr and pointed as Response Rate. So if seller do not reply to a message his response rate % will be decreased. However, the negative impression applies for 60 days period. And as a seller, I can say that, every seller want to keep it perfect.

But as they are not responding to you then there something different happen I think.

If you previously didn't work with them then there could be some scenario like:

• If you sent same message to multiple seller or may be your messages contains something suspicious, system may marked it as spam message. Seller never know about your message unless they manually check the spam message folder.
  • Sellers may marked your message spam by themselves, so they are not replying you.

In both cases, their response rate will not be decreased.

• Sometimes this happen like a seller manually checked and found this message came couple of days ago, and if they mark it as safe and reply, their response rate will be decreased, so they just ignore that message.
  • And finally, sellers is not active anymore but didn't pause their account.

Like @miiila said, you've been patience for plenty of time. You can find someone else.

Or you can check manually if they are active i.e. their last delivery date in their profile. So it will give you and idea to know if seller is active or not and if active, then may be your message in their spam folder by them/fiverr or may be they forgot to reply you.

And If you need services like Logo and Brand Identity design related work, You can check my service as well seven_sign.

42 minutes ago, miiila said:

I'd say 2 weeks is plenty of time (and you are indeed patient), especially seeing that sellers would usually try to reply within 24 hours, as anything else will harm their response rate (and thereby potentially their seller level, too).

Did you check their profile to see when their last delivery was? In theory, you might have got someone who isn't active any more and didn't pause their account, or perhaps sick without having had the chance to turn on unavailable mode, or currently doesn't have internet for some reason, but two in a row sounds improbable, unless they happen to live in the same region and are affected by the same issue. Of course, it's also possible that they just didn't want to reply to your message for some reason, but chances are that they'd still have replied with a brief message to indicate that they can't help you, to not have their response rate drop.

Try to message again, if you really fancy them, or look for someone else. 

They are both currently active yes. I've sometimes even seen them online. Both are from asia too. One's in indonesia, the other I'm not sure exactly where but it's in asia as well.

The "don't want to reply to my message" is what I'm wondering about most. Which is why I'm unsure if I should try again. I'm pretty sure I didn't come across as annoying either since I choose my words quite carefully. Pretty much was straight to the point asking them for a price quote for what I needed.

Also, I have never worked with either person.

1 hour ago, crumviii said:

Which is why I'm unsure if I should try again. I'm pretty sure I didn't come across as annoying either since I choose my words quite carefully. Pretty much was straight to the point asking them for a price quote for what I needed.

Honestly I've also just missed messages before (or they were put into the spam folder for whatever reason - sometimes it happens)! I'd likely just reach out to other artists, but if they are busy / popular, maybe they just genuinely didn't see your messages (while I know this is overly-optimistic, I AM speaking from experience, so!) Sometimes I get a notification at night, check it out and reply - but only in my dreams! (I usually correct it ASAP, but yeah, things happen!

Archived