Where to post this? (or is there a better way to go about finding someone to hire?)

bhello123

Hello! New to Fiverr and wrote this up. Does anyone have any ideas on how to get feedback on this or where would be a good place to post this? 

These are a sample list of services I have needed or currently need from a virtual assistant. I have a limited budget, and am unsure what would be the most cost-efficient payment rate. It would be great if those of you who are virtual assistants could make gigs around these services so myself and others could get a realistic idea of what these would cost. I would prefer to hire a gig created by a seller than create my own gig because I’d like to work with someone who would enjoy and find meaning in working with individuals (as opposed to businesses) rather than seeing it as just another job. I also don’t have a clear idea on the services from the viewpoint of a VA, so it’d be great to have VA’s identify on their own what technology they’d need to cover costs for and what the hours would look like. 

The following ideas are for people with disabilities such as ADHD, Autism, or have life situations that would be helpful to have a service like this (young adult or elderly person on their own, or long work hours)

For services where the VA is helping the client on a daily basis, there would be "work days" where the client is feeling good enough to make progress in life (social, income, etc.) "sick days" where the client only focuses on health goals, and "bad days" where there is no meeting either because the symptoms are too severe or if the client is having a bad day and needs alone time. 

Some of these could be done over zoom or a phone call, texts or messaging apps, and some of these might just be document/sharing editing without meeting often. 

Solutions Tracking 

The client comes up with possible solutions and chooses one to try out. The client reports what worked, what didn’t, and why. 

The VA's role is that of a mentor that keeps track of these efforts for the client, depending on the situation offer solutions based on identified patterns, and celebrates successes. 

To-Do List Task Delegation

A Complete To-Do List is made. The client marks what items they will do, and assign some items to the VA and give instructions for those items.

• One-Time To-Do List

Someone may have one to-do list item that they need help with, such as finding a doctor or an apartment.

• Case Management 

This person would search for and/or cold call community or other resources. If the cold-call information they are looking for would be relevant for other people in the community to know about, then the cold call list could be posted online. (not including confidential or personally identifiable information)

Time Tracking/Reminders 

This would be especially helpful for those struggling with time blindness and/or ADHD.

Helping create customized strategies for individuals. 

This can include assistance setting up an automated system. Setting up an automated system takes time and effort to find what will work. The VA would sit on a call with the person until the system is set up. 

For people with severe time blindness, the VA would give phone call or text reminders. This could be an automated system as well with customized automated texts and robocalls. 

Symptom Tracking 

This is especially helpful for people with more than one diagnosis or ‘symptoms sets’. (symptom sets are symptoms that typically happen together, but don’t meet specific criteria for a diagnosis) Each diagnosis/symptom set would have a list of things the client identified is helpful for them when those symptoms flare up. Clients would keep track and report what is giving them the most trouble to know what list of solutions they should prioritize. They would report how many of the items on the solutions list they worked on. 

The VA's role would be to help track symptoms, identify patterns (if any) and help the client hold themselves accountable to solutions for those symptoms. 

Adulting Day 

This would be helpful for young adults or people who struggle with managing responsibilities. 

There would be an ‘Adulting Checklist’ that clients would sign up one day a week to work through all the items on the checklist that are relevant to them. (This would be something that might be easy to have a discord community for.) The client would log in and report the progress they make on the checklist and when they complete items. The VA’s role would be to be a body double. 

Sample Adulting To-Do List:

Laundry 

Groceries 

Meal Planning

Cooking (Could do one cooking session and have leftovers for the week)

Pharmacy/Medication pick up

Cleaning

Organizing

Scheduling for the week 

Going through voice mail 

Going through physical mail 

Going through emails

Car:

Buy gas 

Check fluids 

Check miles for oil change (the person’s car manual will say how many miles before a change)

Bank:

Deposit money

Check statements 

Set up automated system 

Life Scheduling & Did List

People would only work on one goal at a time for each category, going along the idea of "if you want to do more, do less" They report what they worked on towards each goal in the following areas of their choice: 

Social 

Adulting 

Wasted Time/Down Time

Hobbies 

Religion/Life Meaning

Volunteering 

Work/Income

Networking

Education

Club/Team Activity 

For the items above, there would be time scheduled in a calendar for when to work on these. If someone has frequent sick days, there would be multiple times set to work on the same thing to account for canceled times. 

Phone Call 

The client gets a 15 minute phone call in the morning, or whatever time they need. This can be to help wake up, or if people feel more motivated to do work after some social interaction.

Entrepreneur and Self Employed 

Accountability for meeting personal deadlines regarding these goals. This is an option for people who have not yet filed their business and can't yet hire someone under a registered business. 

Custom 

The client makes a custom package. 

The type of people I would hire:

1. A VA who lives in a country/area where a low-wage payment in my country would be a good wage in their country. (Example of someone I know: Minimum wage is about one dollar an hour, if they make five dollars an hour they are making good money. I do recognize this is probably an outlier wage situation in a specific city, this is just the only example I know of irl.)

2. A VA who will work with and communicate as an equal. Are the assigned tasks unreasonable? Are there too many things on the schedule, or too little to realistically achieve a goal? I need someone who knows how to say no and openly communicate about how the work is going. I don't know how long things take, which is why I’m looking to hire someone who does. 

3. If you know English, know the basics of being a VA, have included the costs of technology in your rates, and have a positive attitude/willingness to learn, I would hire someone who does not have experience working with individuals or has limited experience as a VA. 

4. GROUP RATES!! People with disabilities often don’t have a lot of money, so if you have the ability to make a setup on discord or a good automated system that allows you to help 5-6 or more people per hour at a more affordable rate, that would be really helpful!

If you have any questions or are interested in more details on what these services would look like, please contact me. 

47 minutes ago, bhello123 said:

Hello! New to Fiverr and wrote this up. Does anyone have any ideas on how to get feedback on this or where would be a good place to post this? 

These are a sample list of services I have needed or currently need from a virtual assistant. I have a limited budget, and am unsure what would be the most cost-efficient payment rate. It would be great if those of you who are virtual assistants could make gigs around these services so myself and others could get a realistic idea of what these would cost. I would prefer to hire a gig created by a seller than create my own gig because I’d like to work with someone who would enjoy and find meaning in working with individuals (as opposed to businesses) rather than seeing it as just another job. I also don’t have a clear idea on the services from the viewpoint of a VA, so it’d be great to have VA’s identify on their own what technology they’d need to cover costs for and what the hours would look like. 

The following ideas are for people with disabilities such as ADHD, Autism, or have life situations that would be helpful to have a service like this (young adult or elderly person on their own, or long work hours)

For services where the VA is helping the client on a daily basis, there would be "work days" where the client is feeling good enough to make progress in life (social, income, etc.) "sick days" where the client only focuses on health goals, and "bad days" where there is no meeting either because the symptoms are too severe or if the client is having a bad day and needs alone time. 

Some of these could be done over zoom or a phone call, texts or messaging apps, and some of these might just be document/sharing editing without meeting often. 

Solutions Tracking 

The client comes up with possible solutions and chooses one to try out. The client reports what worked, what didn’t, and why. 

The VA's role is that of a mentor that keeps track of these efforts for the client, depending on the situation offer solutions based on identified patterns, and celebrates successes. 

To-Do List Task Delegation

A Complete To-Do List is made. The client marks what items they will do, and assign some items to the VA and give instructions for those items.

• One-Time To-Do List

Someone may have one to-do list item that they need help with, such as finding a doctor or an apartment.

• Case Management 

This person would search for and/or cold call community or other resources. If the cold-call information they are looking for would be relevant for other people in the community to know about, then the cold call list could be posted online. (not including confidential or personally identifiable information)

Time Tracking/Reminders 

This would be especially helpful for those struggling with time blindness and/or ADHD.

Helping create customized strategies for individuals. 

This can include assistance setting up an automated system. Setting up an automated system takes time and effort to find what will work. The VA would sit on a call with the person until the system is set up. 

For people with severe time blindness, the VA would give phone call or text reminders. This could be an automated system as well with customized automated texts and robocalls. 

Symptom Tracking 

This is especially helpful for people with more than one diagnosis or ‘symptoms sets’. (symptom sets are symptoms that typically happen together, but don’t meet specific criteria for a diagnosis) Each diagnosis/symptom set would have a list of things the client identified is helpful for them when those symptoms flare up. Clients would keep track and report what is giving them the most trouble to know what list of solutions they should prioritize. They would report how many of the items on the solutions list they worked on. 

The VA's role would be to help track symptoms, identify patterns (if any) and help the client hold themselves accountable to solutions for those symptoms. 

Adulting Day 

This would be helpful for young adults or people who struggle with managing responsibilities. 

There would be an ‘Adulting Checklist’ that clients would sign up one day a week to work through all the items on the checklist that are relevant to them. (This would be something that might be easy to have a discord community for.) The client would log in and report the progress they make on the checklist and when they complete items. The VA’s role would be to be a body double. 

Sample Adulting To-Do List:

Laundry 

Groceries 

Meal Planning

Cooking (Could do one cooking session and have leftovers for the week)

Pharmacy/Medication pick up

Cleaning

Organizing

Scheduling for the week 

Going through voice mail 

Going through physical mail 

Going through emails

Car:

Buy gas 

Check fluids 

Check miles for oil change (the person’s car manual will say how many miles before a change)

Bank:

Deposit money

Check statements 

Set up automated system 

Life Scheduling & Did List

People would only work on one goal at a time for each category, going along the idea of "if you want to do more, do less" They report what they worked on towards each goal in the following areas of their choice: 

Social 

Adulting 

Wasted Time/Down Time

Hobbies 

Religion/Life Meaning

Volunteering 

Work/Income

Networking

Education

Club/Team Activity 

For the items above, there would be time scheduled in a calendar for when to work on these. If someone has frequent sick days, there would be multiple times set to work on the same thing to account for canceled times. 

Phone Call 

The client gets a 15 minute phone call in the morning, or whatever time they need. This can be to help wake up, or if people feel more motivated to do work after some social interaction.

Entrepreneur and Self Employed 

Accountability for meeting personal deadlines regarding these goals. This is an option for people who have not yet filed their business and can't yet hire someone under a registered business. 

Custom 

The client makes a custom package. 

The type of people I would hire:

1. A VA who lives in a country/area where a low-wage payment in my country would be a good wage in their country. (Example of someone I know: Minimum wage is about one dollar an hour, if they make five dollars an hour they are making good money. I do recognize this is probably an outlier wage situation in a specific city, this is just the only example I know of irl.)

2. A VA who will work with and communicate as an equal. Are the assigned tasks unreasonable? Are there too many things on the schedule, or too little to realistically achieve a goal? I need someone who knows how to say no and openly communicate about how the work is going. I don't know how long things take, which is why I’m looking to hire someone who does. 

3. If you know English, know the basics of being a VA, have included the costs of technology in your rates, and have a positive attitude/willingness to learn, I would hire someone who does not have experience working with individuals or has limited experience as a VA. 

4. GROUP RATES!! People with disabilities often don’t have a lot of money, so if you have the ability to make a setup on discord or a good automated system that allows you to help 5-6 or more people per hour at a more affordable rate, that would be really helpful!

If you have any questions or are interested in more details on what these services would look like, please contact me. 

You are describing starting a charity, not freelancing.  Your description of who could possibly be eligible for hire only works in the foundation/charity world, otherwise it it discriminatory and needlessly selective.   I say this as someone who dearly loves someone with ADHD and Autism. I applaud what you are trying to do, but it does not fit the freelancing model, which is retail and on demand. 

Archived