I'm sick and tired

nodari1991

Hello guys.

Well I decided to leave this site as soon as possible I can.

The reason is that, customers can make order without informing me first.
They make 5$ order and request much more harder work.

Why the hell they can put order directly, maybe I have no time, maybe I don want to make that work.

I cant explain, why fiver management decided to make it happen.

Im I only one who makes it very uncomfortable?

Make a clear gig description, add FAQ, charge more, change the delivery time so you can manage your orders better, say no to your client and make sure they understand their request will cost $ extra.

I understand the frustration, and I decided to extend my delivery times and prices. It changed a lot for me, including the type of buyer.

Do not give up.

Make a clear gig description, add FAQ, charge more, change the delivery time so you can manage your orders better, say no to your client and make sure they understand their request will cost $ extra.

I understand the frustration, and I decided to extend my delivery times and prices. It changed a lot for me, including the type of buyer.

Do not give up.

I come to write the same comment but it is already here.

Do not give up.

Thank you, yes its a good advice.

Hello guys.

Why the hell they can put order directly, maybe I have no time, maybe I don want to make that work.

Increase the delivery times.

Also, raise your prices. Fiverr doesn’t allow this, you do.

Hi,
I am a level 2 seller and I have faced this issue several times. The best solution to this problem is to explain to the client what is included in the package chosen and how much it will cost. Use polite words like

“Thanks for your order. Respected client the package you have chosen is for xxx work and you need xxx work. Therefor I request you to increase your budget to $x. I hope its OK for you. Please let me know if you need any clarification”

I hope this helps.
Cheers,
Jeekay

I get it, I raised this very same issue here in this thread:

Hi there, I am a seller since may 2017. I do my best in each and every order to meet the customer’s requirement. I always give affordable and flexible offers for buyers and I have more than 150+ orders completed with best customer satisfaction. But there is a little thing i’m frustrating about. I got lots of orders from buyers, that they order the gig without letting me know about the order information, even without asking weather i’m able to do it or not. Since I’m doing programming stuff, th…

I suggest you to read it. Hope it helps.

I see a lot of advice that encourages the freelance tropes - the idea that we’re all workaholic night owls, perpetually hunched over keyboards, waiting at the beck and call of potential clients.

Never log out…

Always be agreeable to clients…

Give free samples or mock ups…

Answer right away…

If you needed an experienced professional to give you permission, in plain words, here it is: it’s okay to be a human being.

Never give out free work. No samples. No mockups. Period. That’s what your po…

I’ve cancelled jobs I didn’t want to do simply because the Buyer did not communicate with me first to see:

1. If I could do the job (some topics I WILL NOT write about)
  2. If I was interested in the job (some orders are for things I DO NOT DO as a web content/blog/article writer)
  3. If I have the time to do the job (I have a full slate of non-Fiverr work and often my week is already filled)

I don’t care about my stats, so cancelling orders has NEVER been an issue to me.

I run my freelance business as a business.

Sometimes that means turning down work or just refusing to do something that isn’t worth my time to start.

Hello guys.

Why the hell they can put order directl

Because that’s fiverr’s main feature.

Fiverr was built to bring a different approach to the market of freelancing and they created a platform where sellers don’t have to apply for jobs and buyers can place orders without even discussing it prior if they think it’s a fit within gig description.

And to be honest I love that about fiverr. I don’t have to spend hours browsing through jobs reading and trying to understand if my style is what client would need

Hey there!

I came in to give you some tips and advices but seems like everyone here posted kind of everything. I’d also like to add the fact that asking the customers to message you before ordering is a good thing. Not only that gives you time to answer, but it also helps both you and your customer to get a better quotation.

From what I remember, there is also an option that lets you limit the offers you take, hopefully that will help you.

Wish you the best,
T.A.

• 9 months later...

I can't be the only one smashing my head into the pavement over how shoddy the site is, how terrible the alerts are, how horrid the price gouges is, I can not be the only one looking for any type of alternative out there to get out of this place. Because of covid I had to come here, I had no choice, its called feedin your family. but now, honestly, after what they pulled I'm leaving. I can't be the only one. 

What are YOUR bad experiences, and do you go anywhere else? Lemme know, I am looking for a new place to start gigs. 

10 hours ago, jiminieminnie said:

I can't be the only one smashing my head into the pavement over how shoddy the site is, how terrible the alerts are, how horrid the price gouges is, I can not be the only one looking for any type of alternative out there to get out of this place. Because of covid I had to come here, I had no choice, its called feedin your family. but now, honestly, after what they pulled I'm leaving. I can't be the only one. 

You have to share more details. What is horrible about the alerts?

Regarding prices, you can set your own, so I don't get the issue. 

What did they pull? Share more details, and maybe people can help. Also the dude with gig marketing is hilariously off-topic :))

11 hours ago, jiminieminnie said:

after what they pulled I'm leaving. I can't be the only one. 

So what did they pull ? Don't leave us in epilogue.  

11 hours ago, jiminieminnie said:

how terrible the alerts are, how horrid the price gouges is

I don't know what is with alerts ? If you meant notifications I think it's pretty good. You get e-mail, notification on app, and in browser. Obviously you could mute it if you want. 
About price gouge I think all freelancing platforms take 20% too. I think it as an marketing fee sort of.  

Archived