Why wouldn't a buyer be able to leave a review?

mandyzines

Question

A buyer just messaged me to let me know that they tried to leave a review but the system wouldn't let them. They never accepted the delivery; it was automatically done after three days. Can they no longer leave a review, or is there something that they aren't seeing?

I review right after I accept deliveries, so I wouldn't know. I hope that I don't get in trouble for trying to help them.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

5 answers to this question

Maybe this buyer faced a bug problem on his/her side. I'd tell him/her to contact customer support about it.

You should read this:

Once you click Accept & Review Order, you can provide feedback on your order. Feedback can be provided up to 10 days after the order is marked as complete. Once this timeframe is over the option to add feedback will no longer be available for either buyers or sellers.

link: https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360049982353-How-do-I-add-feedback-to-an-order?segment=buyer

If 10 days have passed since delivery, they can't leave feedback.

If they ask themselves how to leave a review, I don't see why you'd get into trouble for helping them to figure out how. I often give new customers links to Fiverr's Buyer FAQ/Help Center, when they ask "technical things". Maybe give the customer this link that rbkretouch already posted, then they can read all they need to know in Fiverr's own wording, without you being afraid of saying something wrong:

https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360049982353-How-do-I-add-feedback-to-an-order?segment=buyer

Correction: It seems to be "Feedback can be provided up to 10 days after the order is marked as complete." I thought I read "after delivery" at some point, but maybe I'm mistaken, or it got changed since. 

I've had a handful of buyers who messaged me too saying Fiverr didn't let them leave a review (before the 10 day period was exceeded). I have no idea why that is, but it could be what @rbkretouchsaid and be a glitch.

I indeed tell them that the only way to leave a review is through CS. However, although they said they'd do it only one buyer actually did. Which I don't blame them for since it's extra steps, effort and time.

When I do get such a message from a buyer, after a sigh and an 'oh come on',  I redirect them to CS but expect nothing of it. It's a shame, but not much you can do about it 😕 

On 3/22/2022 at 6:09 AM, sabinespoems said:

I've had a handful of buyers who messaged me too saying Fiverr didn't let them leave a review (before the 10 day period was exceeded). I have no idea why that is, but it could be what @rbkretouchsaid and be a glitch.

I indeed tell them that the only way to leave a review is through CS. However, although they said they'd do it only one buyer actually did. Which I don't blame them for since it's extra steps, effort and time.

When I do get such a message from a buyer, after a sigh and an 'oh come on',  I redirect them to CS but expect nothing of it. It's a shame, but not much you can do about it 😕 

if you ever faced the same situation again tell the buyer to try this step:

ask if he/she is on the phone:
1. try cleaning cache and app data.
2. change wifi or go cyber cafe and try it.

ask if he/she is on a laptop or computer:
1. try using another browser.
2. clean browser data, cookies everything or uninstall completely then reinstall again.
3. try to go to an Internet cafe

Note: nothing worked? then it's Fiverr algorithm or page bug

Archived