Fiverr 3.0: Revisited (a.k.a. Fiverr 3.1)

frank_d

2 hours ago, myb2bservices said:

Happy Birthday!

All these changes are affected heavily on their stock value. Companies should scale, but should not change core values. 

Screenshot 2022-04-28 at 9.58.48 PM.png

That stock chart has nothing to do with Fiverr's search engine.

This is not why Fiverr stock is lower than last year.

• Like 46
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 4

On 4/28/2022 at 12:17 PM, frank_d said:

Yes you can become eligible again once your gigs are performing well again.

is there any time duration ? coz i m working with repeat buyer the gig and profile is not getting up and i m not getting new buyer this is very depressing and i became hopeless , what do you suggest me boss? @frank_d

• Like 42
  • Congrats! 1
  • Thanks 3

22 hours ago, timir69 said:

is there any time duration ? coz i m working with repeat buyer the gig and profile is not getting up and i m not getting new buyer this is very depressing and i became hopeless , what do you suggest me boss? @frank_d

@frank_d  hi boss i m getting desperate from last one month 

• Like 40
  • Up 5

1 hour ago, timir69 said:

@frank_d  hi boss i m getting desperate from last one month 

Sorry you feel this way.

Not sure what I can do to help.

Seems like a month ago you most probably had a drop in your buyer satisfaction rate.

If your repeat buyers are actual legit buyers then you need to keep doing what you are doing until things pick up again.

In the meantime you can definitely work on your existing gigs as there is a lot of room for improvement, especially in your demo videos (a little bonus critique from me as an animator)

• Like 46
  • Confused 1
  • Up 3

12 minutes ago, frank_d said:

Sorry you feel this way.

Not sure what I can do to help.

Seems like a month ago you most probably had a drop in your buyer satisfaction rate.

If your repeat buyers are actual legit buyers then you need to keep doing what you are doing until things pick up again.

In the meantime you can definitely work on your existing gigs as there is a lot of room for improvement, especially in your demo videos (a little bonus critique from me as an animator)

the way you explain that gives hope , yes i have a company buyer who need small task everyday or after one or two day later that is one my repeat buyer also i m promoting my gig and hired people for promotion too rest of all god knows.

• Like 42
  • Up 3

2 hours ago, samcaff said:

Thank you for the post! Very insightful and interesting. I'm wondering, do you think a 'business' side of Fiverr will arrive for teams which have greater than 5 or so employees?

If you are talking about the seller end of things, then there are multiple things being tested right now for enabling multiple sellers to collaborate.

If you are referring to the buyer end of things, yes, that's already a feature for the past 2 years.

• Like 43
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, frank_d said:

hen there are multiple things being tested right now for enabling multiple sellers to collaborate.

Ooooh really? That is exciting. You know we all want to know more @frank_d! Half the time I'm referring my buyers to other sellers to help them with something they need, videos, copywriting, websites etc.

• Like 42
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, williambryan392 said:

Ooooh really? That is exciting. You know we all want to know more @frank_d! Half the time I'm referring my buyers to other sellers to help them with something they need, videos, copywriting, websites etc.

Then you are going to love some of the stuff that is being tested right now. 

Unfortunately, as with many features, not all of them make it to an official launch. It all depends on how testing goes.

Fingers crossed! 🙂 

• Like 40
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, frank_d said:

If you are talking about the seller end of things, then there are multiple things being tested right now for enabling multiple sellers to collaborate.

This would be so good. I had gig for explainer video of sort. Then I have found out I had to hire writer, voice over artists to do my end of the things.  And with revision, communicating with at least 3 people including client made this impossible for me. At that time I just hoped there would be some sort of collaborative possibilities.

I thought Fiverr studio was solution to this. Seems to be vanished for now. 

• Like 39
  • Congrats! 2
  • Thanks 1

On 4/25/2022 at 8:05 AM, frank_d said:

I don’t think that’s true. Fiverr doesn’t stop serving your gigs just so other untested sellers can have a go at it.

”5% metrics” is equal parts oddly specific and arbitrary.

I saw your thread about your gigs No longer being served and if I were you I would look into your past performance for the answers.

Also, apropos of nothing, Fiverr knows when certain transactions are iffy in terms of who places them and when.

So what's the reason for rotation? Why will a high performing gig suddenly drop to last page and remain there for months? Will keep having huge and regular orders from returning clients but will stay there for 4-6 months. This happens repeatedly. 

• Like 41
  • Congrats! 1
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, proconsultn2035 said:

So what's the reason for rotation? Why will a high performing gig suddenly drop to last page and remain there for months? Will keep having huge and regular orders from returning clients but will stay there for 4-6 months. This happens repeatedly. 

Who said anything about a rotation?

Search results are extremely dynamic. 
I have talked about this a lot over the past couple of years.

So why does a gig move in search results?

-a change in performance

-a change in relevance 

-change in competition 

When your gig’s position moves down, and you haven’t edited anything, then 9/10 times it’s a performance issue. You say “high performing” but unfortunately you have no idea just how your gig is performing as the most important metric is obscured (buyer satisfaction rate).

So when Fiverr is as saturated as it has been now for 2 years, even a 1% change in your performance brings other gigs higher up.

Now take into account just how fluid things are right now, how many gigs exist and how often they are rated and you get changes in position that feel like random rotations.

But they are most likely not.

Also: when you are looking for your gigs, you are getting different results. Buyer behavior is factored in when looking for stuff.

Also what you searched for, if you used the navigation menu, what your browsing history on Fiverr is, plus a lot more.

The more you think of this as “I am doing everything perfectly but then I was moved to the bottom of the page” the more frustrating it will be for you.

The above faulty assumption takes competition out of the equation, and also misses the fact that performance is something that only Fiverr knows and you can only assume.

• Like 47
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 3

6 hours ago, stormborn9862 said:

My gig was became unqualified for promotion, why?

First of all this topic is about completely different thing. Secondly there are a lot of topics that already discussed your problem. Third, it’s unqualified because your performance and some of open or hidden metrics went down. 

5 hours ago, shaminur2020 said:

am not getting a single buyer request from fiver last one month.

Again, does this topic say anything about buyer requests? 
you can search the forum or fiverr help page to learn how it works. 

• Like 44
  • Up 2

On 3/20/2022 at 4:23 PM, frank_d said:

6) Relevancy is calculated using a more complicated formula now. ASP (average selling price) on your gigs, is also now being calculated when determining where your gig is placed on search results, past performance matters more and is actually used to project future outcomes when Fiverr matches you with buyers, and this new Fiverr briefs feature is also trying to guide buyer's behavior and eliminate the need to search altogether. 

Are you sure? I recently got a $50 order, then nothing, then I lowered that price to $30, and got another order. Both orders were promoted gigs, for the same amount of work.  What do you think this means? 

• Like 46
  • Up 2

1 hour ago, fastcopywriter said:

Are you sure? I recently got a $50 order, then nothing, then I lowered that price to $30, and got another order. Both orders were promoted gigs, for the same amount of work.  What do you think this means? 

Yes I am fairly certain.

I don’t see what you described as conflicting with what I said.

You sold a gig for $50. Then no one else bought your gig at that price for a period of time. You then lowered the price at $30 and someone purchased at that price.

When I mentioned ASP and how it’s calculated when a gig is positioned, its calculation has to do with how you fair against your competitors and not how much the buyer is usually so ending.

If you and I offer the same thing and my ASP is higher I will always outrank you, whether it’s an organic or promoted position.

So my gig will always be placed higher if my ASP is $40 and yours is $30.

Hope that makes sense.

• Like 42
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 2

On 3/21/2022 at 1:53 AM, frank_d said:

Fiverr is looking for great facilitators. As a seller you should be focusing on your buyer's experience overall as much as you do on your actual craft.

Right on point! A lot of buyers always genuinely appreciating my customer services, they might have forgotten about my above average design(s), service(s) 🤣

Well I always forced me to see that as a positive thing, now it's legit after seeing it so clearer.
Cheers!

• Like 36
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 2

On 5/12/2022 at 12:14 PM, frank_d said:

Yes I am fairly certain.

I don’t see what you described as conflicting with what I said.

You sold a gig for $50. Then no one else bought your gig at that price for a period of time. You then lowered the price at $30 and someone purchased at that price.

When I mentioned ASP and how it’s calculated when a gig is positioned, its calculation has to do with how you fair against your competitors and not how much the buyer is usually so ending.

If you and I offer the same thing and my ASP is higher I will always outrank you, whether it’s an organic or promoted position.

So my gig will always be placed higher if my ASP is $40 and yours is $30.

Hope that makes sense.

Oh wow, this is insightful. So, basically sellers who can deliver projects well and set up a competitive price (not necessarily cheap) will be favored more. I read about ASP some time ago and many said that it doesn't really matter, but it apparently does now.

• Like 34
  • Confused 1
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 4

Thank you for your valuable insights. As a TRS whose gigs have plummeted to near zero for no discernible reason, I'm now on the steep learning curve towards finding out why, and more importantly determining what I can do to climb back up the ladder. With specific information regarding algorithms and metrics being wilfully opaque, I greatly appreciate your insights - they're a great starting point for my research.  

• Like 32
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 4

2 minutes ago, stevemossphd said:

Thank you for your valuable insights. As a TRS whose gigs have plummeted to near zero for no discernible reason, I'm now on the steep learning curve towards finding out why, and more importantly determining what I can do to climb back up the ladder. With specific information regarding algorithms and metrics being wilfully opaque, I greatly appreciate your insights - they're a great starting point for my research.  

Hey Steve, glad I can help.

This is not a complete guide by any means but it is a good starting point. The rabbit hole does go deeper.

But TRS accounts are also being evaluated by the buyer satisfaction rate, so that’s usually the culprit when one notices a steep decline in account activity.

I also think that the higher up we go in terms of seller levels (new > lvl 1 > lvl 2 > TRS > Pro) the formula changes considerably as some metrics have different weights.

So higher tier accounts experience more of a “thud” than a subtle decline.

• Like 37
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 5

59 minutes ago, stevemossphd said:

As a TRS whose gigs have plummeted to near zero for no discernible reason,

I felt like I was in Fiverr jail for two weeks after a cancellation where the buyer wanted me not to charge them for a repeated phrase so they could save money. I told them that since that phrase had an error in it, I would have to correct it every time I came across it. They wanted me to use the search and find feature to make the correction. I was unwilling to do that because that feature can be problematic and inconsistent. So, we agreed to cancel mutually.

Then a buyer asked for a revision and wrote each request in all caps. Plus, her revision involved added sentences and paragraphs. I explained my revision policy which was in my FAQs, and pointed out to her that a message written in all caps was considered shouting. She accepted a gig extra for the added work. However, I bet the secret review was not stellar.

Thank goodness for a returning buyer who had a huge order for me, or my earnings would have taken a massive hit. 

• Like 40
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 5

22 hours ago, vickiespencer said:

Thank you for sharing your insight. I suspect it was a number of unavoidable cancellations that caused my issue (i.e. clients who purchased services I don't provide or who ordered and then requested delivery within an unachievable timeframe). Regardless, I'm about 3 months down the line now and it seems to be declining further, despite continuing to deliver quality work and receive 5* star reviews. It is my hope that once my cancellation percentage returns to zero, I will either experience a boost, or quality for Seller Plus/Gig promotions. Thanks for your time. 

• Like 38
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 2

23 hours ago, frank_d said:

Hey Steve, glad I can help.

This is not a complete guide by any means but it is a good starting point. The rabbit hole does go deeper.

But TRS accounts are also being evaluated by the buyer satisfaction rate, so that’s usually the culprit when one notices a steep decline in account activity.

I also think that the higher up we go in terms of seller levels (new > lvl 1 > lvl 2 > TRS > Pro) the formula changes considerably as some metrics have different weights.

So higher tier accounts experience more of a “thud” than a subtle decline.

I'm not sure whether I'm replying the correct wat, so please excuse my ignorance if not. Again, I just want to thank you for responding to my previous message. For obvious reasons, I have read extensively about ways in which to boost my profile and horror stories about gigs dying, but the majority are from new sellers. I'm finding scant information for more established sellers experiencing a dip. Owing to the, much of the information for boosting profiles is either generic or irrelevant (i.e. keep working on your craft etc). So, while I'm now at a total loss as to what to do to boost my visibility, I at least hope that things will correct themselves eventually. 

I wonder whether you would be kind enough to clarify (if you can) what you mean by buyer satisfaction rates. My ratings are 5* across thousands of projects and visible metrics all sitting at 100%, so the issue will likely emanate from some metrics I am unable to see. My best guess to date is that a few cancellations have caused an issue (as I was fiverr's choice I was receiving numerous orders daily which sat outside the scope of my gigs, or which requested immediate delivery, and which I had no means to satisfy). While I always endeavoured to avoid cancellations, these became unavoidable. My remaining hope is that once my cancellation ratio returns to 0, I will either experience a boost based on my continued good performance or at least become eligible for Seller Success/Gig Promotion. I've been accepted into the Fiverr Business pilot, so maybe that's the best avenue to explore. 

• Like 40
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, stevemossphd said:

I'm not sure whether I'm replying the correct wat, so please excuse my ignorance if not. Again, I just want to thank you for responding to my previous message. For obvious reasons, I have read extensively about ways in which to boost my profile and horror stories about gigs dying, but the majority are from new sellers. I'm finding scant information for more established sellers experiencing a dip. Owing to the, much of the information for boosting profiles is either generic or irrelevant (i.e. keep working on your craft etc). So, while I'm now at a total loss as to what to do to boost my visibility, I at least hope that things will correct themselves eventually. 

I wonder whether you would be kind enough to clarify (if you can) what you mean by buyer satisfaction rates. My ratings are 5* across thousands of projects and visible metrics all sitting at 100%, so the issue will likely emanate from some metrics I am unable to see. My best guess to date is that a few cancellations have caused an issue (as I was fiverr's choice I was receiving numerous orders daily which sat outside the scope of my gigs, or which requested immediate delivery, and which I had no means to satisfy). While I always endeavoured to avoid cancellations, these became unavoidable. My remaining hope is that once my cancellation ratio returns to 0, I will either experience a boost based on my continued good performance or at least become eligible for Seller Success/Gig Promotion. I've been accepted into the Fiverr Business pilot, so maybe that's the best avenue to explore. 

The Buyer Satisfaction Rate is a hidden metric that essentially tells Fiverr how well you are performing.

Your BSR is calculated based on your buyers’ exit survey after an order is completed, regardless of what their public review was.

Cancellations most definitely have an effect on your profile’s performance but the good news is that you can bounce back relatively quickly.

The profile’s performance is calculated on a 60-day window whereas gig performance is calculated on a 90-day window.

• Like 34
  • Congrats! 2
  • Up 3

2 hours ago, stevemossphd said:

I wonder whether you would be kind enough to clarify (if you can) what you mean by buyer satisfaction rates.

These are the secret reviews every buyer gets to fill out for Fiverr. The first one is during the order process, and the second one is sent in an email later.

825092952_1.ScreenShot2021-05-06at9_18_29AM.thumb.png.b2d755277bc055590085998cb4ea54b7.png

2048558568_6.ScreenShot2021-05-07at9_37_27AM.thumb.png.79d1cd6db03ddbd1b4a8f16fab26365d.png

2 hours ago, stevemossphd said:

My ratings are 5*

I see one that was 4.7 ️s just a bit ago, and the buyer had left a review with constructive criticism. How do you think he scored you in his secret review? 🤔 Could it affect your profile invisible stats?

• Like 36
  • Thanks 6