Are SCAMMERS making use of Fiverr for pop-up ads? This is not ethical.

Hey,

Has anyone else been contacted by a buyer looking to purchase a very sceptical pop-up ad?

I'm 99.9% sure this will be used to scam old people over the phone out of their retirement. My question is, as a fiverr seller, what do you think about buyers like this? Would you complete this order, or do we have a moral obligation to refuse?

532884084_Screenshot2022-03-20175754.thumb.png.03b3551b208d7e1abd175d7f46c377e8.png

Edited by zerocrms
Wrong format
  • Like 8

I agree with urdeke. You should never help someone that you suspect is a scammer. Especially if you think they would go after the elderly. If we would stop enabling these type of people, we could stop it. Simply by refusing to participate. An example- I am asked on occasion to do NSFW narration. I disagree with this and always refuse. If we would not pay exorbitant amounts for sporting events, the price would drastically reduce because of lower demand. 

• Like 5
  • Up 3

1 hour ago, zerocrms said:

as a fiverr seller, what do you think about buyers like this?

If they're trying to scam someone, they're scammers.

Would you complete this order

No. I wouldn't accept to work on something unethical, and if the order is already placed, I'd cancel it.

do we have a moral obligation to refuse?

That depends on the seller's personal ethics, doesn't it? I wouldn't do it, someone who doesn't care about the elderly being scammed as long as they, the seller, get their few bucks, would.

• Like 5
  • Up 3

If it's likely going to be used for a scam it will likely be against Fiverr's Terms of Service to do it.

eg. The TOS says you're not allowed to offer "Illegal or Fraudulent services"

This page: https://www.fiverr.com/community/standards/prohibited-services

Services that can pose legal risks for our users

Do not offer or ask for:

• Illegal services.

• Services that are meant to support any illegal activity.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 10