I am a UKRAINIAN artist. Now on my land in a shelter. My account will be disabled March 21st. WHY

speed_riri

Question

Hey dear Fiverr comunity! I saw this post on the topic of supporting Ukraine and I don’t know what to do. I'm an artist from Ukraine and have been working on the site for many years. My city Kharkiv is being bombed, I myself on the territory of Ukraine in the shelter now and I was very upset when I saw a message that Fiverr want to stop my account. I haven't left the country and Fiverr is my only source of income at the moment. I'm sure it's some kind of misunderstanding. Please help me figure it out( Support for Ukrainians doesnt work((((

7efad871-e3ca-44c8-beaf-8b2df1e45c3f.jpg

Screenshot_1.png

Screenshot_2.png

10 answers to this question

I've seen several Ukrainian freelancers on Fiverr who've had this message too, and (besides heartbreaking) it's so confusing to me 😕 

When CS is saying Fiverr is 'prohibited from processing transactions from your region', why is Fiverr having a dedicating store front which is all about "featuring talented Ukrainian freelancers who are ready and able to work".....

https://www.fiverr.com/stores/support-ukraine

2 minutes ago, sabinespoems said:

I've seen several Ukrainian freelancers on Fiverr who've had this message too, and (besides heartbreaking) it's so confusing to me 😕 

When CS is saying Fiverr is 'prohibited from processing transactions from your region', why is Fiverr having a dedicating store front which is all about "featuring talented Ukrainian freelancers who are ready and able to work".....

https://www.fiverr.com/stores/support-ukraine

You right! It's completely incomprehensible

I am sure there is definately some issue here, this is heartbreaking to see this. 

Its my humble request from fiver team to clear this misunderstanding, cause there is a whole section of ukranian freelancers that fiver is supporting, then how could this ukranian artist could be terminated.

Its my humble request to fiverr community to upvote this question and help the one of us.

Thankyou 

-Inpaper 

14 minutes ago, speed_riri said:

You right! It's completely incomprehensible

I suggest including that promise of helping Ukrainian freelancers to the CS manager to see what he has to say! Because it's clearly not true that Fiverr is prohibited from processing transactions if they're having such an initiative. I understand economically wise with the sanctions (that are for Russia) things get complicated but this just seems odd. 

I'm curious what CS will say! 

You could ask them to show you/link to the law (the relevant section of it) that they are saying is applicable that prevents them from processing transactions in your region.

I'm assuming one doesn't exist. If one doesn't exist surely there's no reason to disable the account.

Okay, suspension of the business in Russia was kind of a dumb move, but people sorta saw it coming

Now, with THIS i don't even know what to think
Like, is there any reason, excuse or something so they could rationalize removing ukranian sellers from their platform?
What are these "applicable laws" anyway?

Archived