What Exotic Food Have You Eaten?

Time for me to insert a random question again! 😁

What exotic food or meal have you eaten? To be clear, with “exotic”, I mean food that isn’t commonly eaten in your area. It can also be something rare, or food that you believe people wouldn’t eat. 

I’m curious, comment below. 👀

• Like 7
  • Confused 3

Ooh, fun question! So to start with - where I'm from, we do it basically anything (when it comes to meat / animal products) BUT I've eaten loads of fruit abroad that would be considered 'new' or different in Hungary (like durian - sorry, not a fan, mangosteen, jackfruit, even dragonfruit and stuff like that!) I love trying out new stuff though because it helps me connect to the culture just a bit more.

(numbing spicy food was also new for me. I haven't realised how much my spice resistance had changed until very recently.)

• Like 8

• 1 month later...

This is an interesting topic i love it! 

Im from Turkey, but couple years back, i have spend 2 months in Latvia for a job. And there they have this big wholesaler supermarket. So i was buying my stuff from there. Once i saw "crocodile fillet" I tried that. I have never seen a crocodile was avalible as a food anywhere, i havent even heard of it before. It was more interesting to see crocodile meat avalible in latvia too, its too far north for crocodile 😄 We dont have it in turkey (Turkey dont have crocodiles in natural habitat)

It was fine, i grilled it on the pan with some butter and added some spices. Made some rice with it. It was interesting; it looks like chicken, white meat, tastes similar to chicken too, but has a little bit of a fish taste too. 

It wasnt bad, but i wouldnt get excited over it 😄 But my friends from latvia did not know that crocodile fillet too, i guess it makes sense that they dont have it commonly.

• Like 4

• 3 months later...

I ate a lot of exotic fruits and seafood when I was traveling. We went to a different continent where people's lives are so different from what we are used to. Besides the different cultures, traditions, and mentality, you may be shocked by their food preferences. At first, it was very difficult to adapt to Asian cuisine. After a few days, it became quite interesting and tasty. When we returned home, we found an Asian restaurant from where we often ordered some amazing meals. We found this delivery service on moneyunder30.com.

Edited by daoudaremovable
  • Like 1