Your account is currently restricted. You cannot send messages at this time. I violated Fiverr TOS accepting payment from client via PayPal.

abdullahtofa

Question

Hi, 

I am a seller on Fiverr since 2016. I have never got this type of restrictions earlier. All of my gigs are denied and also I am restricted from sending messages and doing anything on Fiverr. I can send messages to clients with existing order. 

I have made a mistake for the first time. I thought I can take payment for something I need for my client on Fiverr. So what happened is, I took an order for making a website for $xxx . Okay fine. Then I told the client that he needs domain and hosting but he said he don't know about all these. So I said, I will buy it for you for 1 year at $129. So the client send me the money on PayPal. And after that, I was restricted. Now I am worried about my accounts and gigs. 

I have the order running on my account. Even I said my client that I will not take payment outside of Fiverr for my works. I just took payments for the domain and hosting. 

I don't know what other ways are to take payment for domain hostings. Clients do not want to pay extra for domain hosting. For example, to buy domain hosting for $130, buyer has to pay almost $160 I guess. 

Now I am worried, will I be banned forever? This is the first time happened with me. 😞 

Will my gigs work fine if I am not banned? Or will I have to post the gigs again?  😞 

9 answers to this question

You've done a big tiny mistake.
I can see thee are lots of ways you can explain the situation.

As your account is restricted, unfortunately, I can check your profile, service reputation and etc.

However, I can assist you here with all the possible explanation you can discuss with the support system. Not at this moment as I'm not available for consultation at this moment.

I will ask you to have patience for a while before you take any single step for the appeal to support.

Relax! this can be solved.

Remember, fiverr don't support they way you did it and also fiverr don't support few services directly here, still there are some exceptions based on the professionalism, service reputation etc. But definitely, that must be done through fiverr platform.

Keep connected.

3 hours ago, seven_sign said:

You've done a big tiny mistake.

No, this is a huge mistake that gets you banned.

3 hours ago, seven_sign said:

Relax! this can be solved.

He knowingly broke the rules. I am sorry for the OP, but unless there's a miracle, 99% he will be fully banned. You can't just break the rules knowingly and receive a second chance. And this is a huge mistake, not a tiny one. If it was a tiny one, he would receive a warning. This is a complete ban. Not only did he send his PayPal address, he also sent an email which is also against the rules. It's sad to see this but at the end of the day, this is what happens when you break the rules. 

1 hour ago, donnovan86 said:

No, this is a huge mistake that gets you banned.

Definitely, I agree with you guys.

I think you didn't understand the term of "huge tiny mistake"

Additionally, the term, "that can be solved"

There are some steps that are taken seriously but the scenario can be changed by explanation.

Even Fiverr allow some exceptions based on the scenario and explanation thought normally they are forbidden!
While fiverr do manual review, fiverr team easily differentiate the scam/business phenomena. In terms of business, fiverr offer the exception support. And for scam, permanent suspension!

The reason he explained here, I can see there are some points what he can explain to fiverr for a try to avoid the restriction/suspension.

Additionally, when I said, I'm not free to discuss, cause the explanation should be really clear, to the point what can make fiverr to rethink about their decision.

As, his profile is no longer available in public, so I advised him to wait 2 days if he think about a discussion with me. So, I can know more details about his journey, service experience ( I work in this sector as well), his story in fiverr, details about that order and scenario of that violation to advise him they way I think he should write his explanation to fiverr.

Definitely, no one will think about to lose the hope to get it back if there is an opportunity!

24 minutes ago, seven_sign said:

There are some steps that are taken seriously but the scenario can be changed by explanation.

Even Fiverr allow some exceptions based on the scenario and explanation thought normally they are forbidden!

Nope, fiverr doesn’t allow any exceptions as they proved many times. The explanation that OP gave have zero chance of getting his account restored. 

6 hours ago, abdullahtofa said:

Now I am worried, will I be banned forever?

Restricted

The account is partially disabled.
The customer, either buyer or seller, can access the account, withdraw funds, complete ongoing orders, and review their order history. They cannot place or receive new orders, nor can they communicate with other customers through inbox messages.  seller's Gigs will not show on the marketplace, and buyers will not be able to place new orders. Once an account is temporarily disabled, the customer needs to wait for the trial period (which can take upwards of 90 days) to be completed—to know if the account will be restored or permanently disabled. 

Customer Support can neither influence the result of this review nor can they update the customer on the review's end date. 

The above is from the Help Centre.

You will have to wait for the outcome of the review.

34 minutes ago, mariashtelle1 said:

Nope, fiverr doesn’t allow any exceptions as they proved many times. The explanation that OP gave have zero chance of getting his account restored. 

I'm doing something with exceptions. Thought I've been approved before I do that.

The explanation and effect he described here, I can see that, still he can explain to defend himself.

58 minutes ago, lloydsolutions said:

Customer Support can neither influence the result of this review nor can they update the customer on the review's end date. 

I agree with you. it's not permanently disabled yet, but it could be.
So a defending explanation is more worthy here to let fiverr think in this trial/review period.

Solution doesn't mean it must be return back. It can be in either way.

But it doesn't mean none could explain to defect his career. All is needed to know what to identify and how to explain.

On 3/12/2022 at 5:59 PM, donnovan86 said:

He knowingly broke the rules.

No I did not. 😞 I took the order on fiverr for $xxx. And then I told the client that he has to buy domain hosting for which he paid me externally. So I thought I can take money for the client, not for me. 

On 3/12/2022 at 8:01 PM, lloydsolutions said:

You will have to wait for the outcome of the review.

Ok. 😞 But I don't want to get banned. I have successfully completed 200+ orders and a level 2 seller. I never did this prior. This buyer was new and he was saying he don't know how can he buy domain hosting or what are they. So I thought I can do it, because I have an existing order on the account with the buyer. 

On 3/12/2022 at 7:35 PM, seven_sign said:

The reason he explained here, I can see there are some points what he can explain to fiverr for a try to avoid the restriction/suspension.

Yes, I wan to explain it. But I am not getting any email or any response. If I have to wait for 90 days, that's also fine. But I have come to this point after a lot of working since 2016 and I never broke Fiverr rules. I don't want to lose my account. 😞 Even I have a regular client that talk with me directly on s***e, because he likes to do so and s***e is easy for him. I never took direct money from him. He orders me always on FIverr. So if I had an intention to break Fiverr rules, I would never take another order after talking with him directly. But no, I want to share 20%, and work here forever. 

I took order for making a website. And then the client said he don't know domain hosting, so I told him I will give me domain hosting and for this he has to pay separately. And then I did this below:

On 3/12/2022 at 1:15 PM, abdullahtofa said:

Then I told the client that he needs domain and hosting but he said he don't know about all these. So I said, I will buy it for you for 1 year at $129. So the client send me the money on PayPal. And after that, I was restricted. Now I am worried about my accounts and gigs. 

I have the order running on my account. Even I said my client that I will not take payment outside of Fiverr for my works. I just took payments for the domain and hosting. 

I don't know what other ways are to take payment for domain hostings. Clients do not want to pay extra for domain hosting. For example, to buy domain hosting for $130, buyer has to pay almost $160 I guess. 

43 minutes ago, abdullahtofa said:

he paid me externally

You have to request payments via Fiverr, not externally. You should discuss this beforehand and not deal outside of Fiverr. In doing this, you knowingly broke the rules.

44 minutes ago, abdullahtofa said:

But no, I want to share 20%, and work here forever. 

I don't want to be a downer but it might be too late for that.

Did you ask for him to pay outside of Fiverr? How did the conversation go? Because if you're the one that said "let's use PayPal" or whatever, you are 100% banned. Even if he initiated the conversation, you still agreed to it, so you are in very deep hot waters anyway. 

Dealing outside of Fiverr is strictly prohibited, you can always perform those payments within Fiverr. The fact that you went outside of Fiverr is really really bad and in the end you broke one of the major rules. I wish you good luck, but realistically the chances of not receiving a permanent ban here are very low to non-existent. As I said, if you initiated the conversation about payments outside Fiverr, that is an issue. Even if you didn't, you agreed to it and broke the rules. 

Archived