Appeal to Micha Kaufman (From Russian Seller)

edmupdaily

I am a young illustrator from Russia, a month ago I left my main job to freelance thanks to Fiverr, this is the only income for me. I am very sad to realize that most likely he is the last one, and I will again have to look for a job not related to creativity. I have never supported the power of the Russian Federation, and everything that the Russian government is doing drives me into panic and horror. I am afraid for my friends from Ukraine, and I understand that it is much harder for them now than for me, but in order to change something, you need a livelihood. I hope that Fiverr will hear us and find a solution to this situation.

• Like 40
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

I have been on Fiverr for 3 years. It was a very hard work to build my profile and find new clients. I am really passionate about my work and I really believe I helped many people with my illustrations. Many clients express their gratitude for my job. 

Fiverr is my only source of income and I am pregnant with my baby now so I really don't know what to do, how to feed my child and provide a proper living.  I

t is really heartbreaking what's happening in Ukraine thousands of innocent people are dying and it should be stopped immediately. Meanwhile pressure on ordinary Russian people becomes more and more strict every day from both sides from our goverment  ( up to 15 years of jail if you say something against the "military operation") and hate, rusophobia and discrimination from the whole world. I really hoped that fiverr will not support this discrimination of ordinary people but I was mistaken and very disappointed.

I really hope this meaningless cruelty will stop soon. It was a pleasure to work with Fiverr.

Best wishes, Daria

• Like 36
  • Sad 2
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 1

Обращаюсь к уважаемым директорам Fiverr!
То, что сейчас происходит на Украине - это ужасно, но обычные художники, музыканты и другие творческие люди из России ни в чём не виноваты! Мы не берём оружие и не идём убивать простых людей. мы лишь просто хотим жить и дарить этому миру искусство, так нужное в эти темные дни.

Когда в мире притесняют какой-то народ или меньшинства, то на их сторону сразу встают все " толерантные" страны. Но почему никто не заступается за обычных российских граждан? Мы просто хотим работать, просто хотим жить! Но никто не слышит наши крики о помощи, крики тоже ни в чём неповинных людей!

Мы хотим отстоять своё право на жизнь в это мире, право на честную работу! Ведь всеми санкциями вы как раз погружаете русский народ в пучину безумия и безысходности и что будет дальше- страшно подумать...

• Like 34
  • Sad 2
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 2

Hello)) I'm living in Russia too. yes, I've been working on Fiverr not very long but It's my dream. I love to draw and that's what inspires me. My heart is broken (I love children, animals, nature and just life). I don't know what's happening any more, that's so terrible and inhumane. But lately work've been the only thing keeping me going. I really hope you’ll give us a chance. With best regards, Vera)

• Like 32
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 1

Dear Micha Kaufman, please hear us!

Everyone is talking about this situation and how horrible it is. It TRULLY is. And everyone is saying that they want to help.

You can help us.

Don't cut us from only one thing we can do in our lives. Let people, innocent people, who had nothing to do with this situation, do their job. 

You can be an example of kindness in that hard times.

Kind regards,

Mike F.

Edited by mike_filimonov
  • Like 34
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 1

Подписываюсь в поддержку этого обращения! 
С 2014 года я мои коллеги пользуемся вашим сервисом как заказчики, ищем исполнителей по всему миру и помогаем им зарабатывать деньги честным трудом, оплачивая их услуги — дикторов, переводчиков. Своим решением запретить использование сервиса российскими гражданами вы нарушаете связи в глобальном мире, делаете его снова разобщенным. Остановитесь. Возможно, вы делаете это под давлением, имеете репутационный риск или еще какие-то причины. Это неважно. Важно то, что ваш сервис, по-настоящему нужный людям во всем мире, нельзя закрывать для обычных людей, которые делают свое дело и не виноваты в том, что руководство стран не может договориться. Оставьте возможность работать и оплачивать услуги! 

• Like 32
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

Dear Mr. Kaufman,

I have not been working at Fiverr for very long. But when I first learned about this exchange, I realized that this is the place where I want to work. Here I can do what I like and get a decent pay. 

I live in a small town. Creative professions are not in demand here. The few jobs that are available are unfairly low, and the requirements are often too high. Thanks to Fiverr, I have the opportunity to do what I love, make a living and work with courteous clients who appreciate the hard work of performers. I don't want to lose this opportunity!

There have always been many people below the poverty line in Russia, and our government has made no attempt to fix it. That will not change this time either. Stopping work with performers from Russia will not stop the hostilities in Ukraine. You will not help the civilians of Ukraine. You will only condemn other civilians to suffering. I hope the Fiverr community can find a way out of this sad situation. 

Thank you

• Like 27
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

The whole situation in Ukraine is awful. Awful that a neighbour goes against a neighbour. Awful that people lose lives because of an extremely wrong decision of a single person.
Fiverr has always been a place where any person could make a difference, where everyone was equal.  
With your latest decision, Fiverr, you proved that some people are better than others, some people are worth working with, the others are not. That totally doesn’t match your values, guys. 
Please, let people communicate and do their jobs. Please, let Russian freelances do their best and help people from all over the world. Freelancers don’t shoot rifles, don’t serve in military. They have nothing to do with the horror happening in Ukraine. 

• Like 23
  • Up 5
  • Thanks 3

Two days ago I contacted support, and they told me that the platform will not punish sellers for the actions of their authoritarian government. Apparently, this turned out to be a lie. 

Depriving Russian sellers (most of whom have relatives in Ukraine, whom they help with money) the opportunity to work on Fiverr, you have absolutely no effect on the Russian government. On the contrary, you are depriving them of an independent source of income, and in part pushing them to go to work for state enterprises, thereby indirectly supporting the work of this government in order to survive and feed their families. You deprive them of their ability to speak out without fear that the authoritarian state will fire them from their jobs. You are ruining our lives for absolutely nothing. 

I hope Fiverr management realizes all the consequences of their decision and stops punishing people for their territorial location.

• Like 25
  • Thanks 5

We do not support our government, we are against all actions of people in power, we are against war. To make ordinary residents guilty, condemning us to unemployment, is complete discrimination simply because we were born in the territory of the dictatorship. 95% don't support it
What is the fault of me and hundreds of other honest workers from Russia?Why can't we continue to work to provide for our families, our children. It's a nightmare...

• Like 19
  • Up 1

58 minutes ago, mastermotion said:

Здравствуйте, полностью поддерживаю решение Fiverr - заблокировать русским возможность работать, и зарабатывать деньги на площадке, пока они не решат свои внутри-политические вопросы и не изменят свой внешний курс политики с военного вторжения на капитуляцию

Ну да, это ж не так, что с помощью митингов, акций и прочего, что разгоняется за один день и в принципе никого не заставит капитулировать (особенно когда вариант капитуляции сильно угрожает жизни того, кто объявил о капитуляции), в этой стране никак ни на что не повлиять, и все решается и меняется только людьми сверху
А ограничения со стороны компаний конечно же не делают хуже, укрепляя позиции тех, кто против запада, поляризуя не в ту сторону людей вне политики и мешая потенциальной оппозиции

• Like 13
  • Up 6

7 minutes ago, beardmusic said:

Ну тогда мне все понятно, вы сейчас всем объяснили каких вы взглядов. Фрилансеры ничего плохого вам не сделали, лично вы сейчас сеите ненависть и национализм. Пусть люди это видят и поймут.

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1

Hi! My name is Nastya Fedorenko, I have an Ukrainian surname and Ukrainian grandparents. I worked on Fiverr almost 2 years and was absolutely happy just to do the work that I love. And I did it well, now I have more than 100 happy clients here. I don't understand the necessity of this war in the world where we all have a lot of opportunities to live in peace. But also I don't understand sanctions against peaceful artists which only fault is that they are Russians. I hope that Fiverr's team will rethink their decision and will support all artists regardless of their nationality. Regards, Nastya.

• Like 21
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 4

Hello
I want to appeal to those people who made this decision in relation to Russian citizens. A large number of different nationalities live here, including Ukrainians! I myself am half Ukrainian and I have relatives and friends in Ukraine! And all of them do not consider your decision correct. You are putting a lot of people out of work. There are so many great creative people working here and you cut off their wings with your decision. This will not help end the "military operation" in Ukraine (I'm sorry, I can't call a spade a spade, in Russia they introduced a law on criminal liability and you can go to prison for 15 years). Even as I write this, I'm taking a big risk. Many people go to rallies and are not afraid, but not everyone has such an opportunity! I cannot take risks because there are disabled people in my family and there will be no one to take care of them. In addition, how many disabled people work on your exchange and now you are depriving them of everything. How will they live? Please think about it! We are hostages of this power, and you are shooting at us. We are not to blame for being born in a country with such a regime. Ordinary people should not pay for the actions of politicians.
I really like working on this exchange, I always thought that you are the community that first of all thinks about people. I hope you change your mind and confirm this.

Thank you

• Like 19
  • Up 5

40 minutes ago, beardmusic said:

Россияне, это ваш позор! Вы отделяете себя от людей, которые управляют вашей страной, соответственно и вашей жизнью. Все мы выбираем тех, кто управляет страной, в которой мы живем. А если нам не нравится то, что делают управляющие, по сути люди, которых мы нанимаем на высокие должности, для обеспечения комфортной жизнедеятельности страны, населения, то мы их отстраняем от работы и выбираем других! Вы забыли о предназначении политиков? Не побоюсь этого словосочетания, это слуги народа. Но в вашем случае, получается, все наоборот, вы - их слуги! Вы жалуетесь на отключение вас от работы, на то, что от вас отвернулись все лидирующие компании и сервисы Мира. А вы не задумывались, ПОЧЕМУ это происходит? Может что-то с вами не так? В это время, гибнут мирные люди, дети в том числе, бросают бомбы на роддомы, больницы, школы, детские сады, жилые массивы. Договариваются о зеленом коридоре чтобы эвакуировать людей, которые уже неделю без электроэнергии, воды, еды, интернета и мобильной связи, а потом заводят по нему свою военную технику, или еще что хуже, обстреливают. Многим моим друзьям уже прилетели ракеты в дом, некоторых уже нет в живых. А вы сидите в тепле и комфорте и жалуетесь, что от вас (почему-то) все отвернулись. Да вы хоть посмотрите, что творит ваша армия в нашей стране! Они разгромили все! А вы все продолжаете делать вид что вы все тут ни при чем... Так вот, если хотите что-то изменить в лучшую сторону, делайте хоть что-нибудь! Лидер вашей страны привел вас к этим результатам. Потому, или меняйте лидера, или потерпите немного. Все-таки у нас каждый день гибнут люди и рушатся города. Ваши проблемы - ничто в сравнении с этим...

59 minutes ago, nikamora said:

Не "на Украине", а "в Украине". Мы не территория — мы страна! И мы страна, которая отстаивает свое право на свободу и независимость, которая борется, а не ноет. Вы своей бездеятельностью виноваты в том, что творит ваше государство и ваши военные в наших городах и селах. Наш народ не "притесняют" русские — они его планомерно уничножают. Вы вообще видели, что они творят с нашими Мариуполем, Харьковом, Волновахой, Киевом? Это геноцид таких же мирных жителей, какими вы тут себя называете. Вчера русские военные сбросили снаряды на роддом и детскую больницу в Мариуполе. За такое мало лишить вас всех здесь заработков! Если бы вы действительно были невинными и сочувствовали нам, вы бы выходили на площади, вы бы объединялись и боролись хотя бы за собственную свободу от такого позорного правительства. Но нет, вы здесь ноете в комментах по поводу денег. Если вы хотите "отстоять своё право на жизнь в это мире", то отстаивать его нужно не здесь.

Ну да, Сталина тоже выбрали, наверное - и в любой момент сместить могли, конечно
Неплохо вы тривиализируете понятие вины за жертвы, обвиняя даже самых обычных жителей, которые против операции и причастны только через налоги, которые они не могут не платить - вот только тогда вы дискредитируете само понятие вины за жертвы, потому что те, кто реально убивают мирных жителей и те, кто просто пытается выжить в России в трудное время, называются одним словом

Edited by milolikespurple
  • Like 18
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 4

Stop haiting Russians. Dear Fiverr, my name is Alice. I'm graphic designer and illustrator. I'm only 20 years old, and I'm new to Fiverr. I have the Ukrainian surname Yakovenko, my husband is Ukrainian. My brother lives in the USA, my grandmother is from Turkey. My father is from Chechnya. My grandmother is Tatar, my grandfather is Polish. I couldn't get into the Institute of Design. I've been walking towards a dream for 6 years. And at one point this dream was destroyed. But I continued to design. In Russia, creative people have a difficult time. The Fiver is the place where I was able to realize myself. Customers appreciate my work. I was able to prove to my parents that I can earn through creativity. Don't take away my dreams!

• Like 31
  • Sad 3
  • Thanks 1

My name is Irina I am an illustrator and I create beauty and I was so happy to find such a partner as Fiverr, I only have 5 star reviews and clients from all over the world and I have never divided them into Russians, Ukrainians, Americans or Israelis.
Explain to my child why he is bad? This is humiliation and discrimination of people on the basis of language and place of birth!
Remember people!!!!
Who are you turning into?

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1

I am illustrator from Russia who just wants to live in peace with all countries. I have many friends all over the world and none of us wants hostility. I've only been with Fiverr for a year. But during this time it become a part of my life. I love this platform and I want to grow on it and help people regardless of their country. Please hear our message!

• Like 24
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 1

Дорогой Файвер. Я уже писала на английском языке, но мне легко сформулировать свои мысли на родном английском языке. Я web-designer и иллюстратор , мне 20 лет. 2 года назад я не поступил в институт дизайна. Я 6 лет ходила в художественную школу, посещала репетиторов, училась на "4" и "5". Мне не хватило 1 балла, чтобы пройти на бюджет, а образование в России дорогое для моей семьи из обычных преподавателей. Мне пришлось пройти в следующем году через объявление в нелюбимой профессии, работа на кассе за 10 тысяч в месяц (около 140 баксов) слезы и характеристики стать дизайнером самостоятельно. Через хейт, без наставников, без поддержки, без курсов, гнета со стороны друзей и насмешек. Я из рабочего города Магнитогорск, творческий человек здесь это редкость, нас считают чудаками и мечтателями. Здесь нет хороших вакансий и работы для дизайнеров. Я 2 года шла к мечте, 2 года собирала информацию по частям, по роликам на YouTube, по туториалам в инстаграм, читала книги. Я ошиблась, сделала сотни ревизий, согласилась на проекты за 400 рублей, лишь бы взяли! Меняйте хейтили, отводите на правку, я ограничиваю охват. Я трепетно и ответственно подходила к работе. В конце концов, я сделал большие шаги для себя - взял проекты по 500 баксов и новые уровни на Файвере. Я наблюдал, что не встречаю всех случаев в своем возрасте.Я мечтала увидеть этот мир, презентовать свою работу в США, написать книгу, сделать этот мир красивым с помощью дизайна и иллюстраций, преподавать дизайн. Сейчас я пишу это и у меня льются слезы, трясутся руки, от того, что вдруг весь мир ополчился против меня, захотев забрать мои мечты и забрать меня фашистом и расисткой, из-за культуры и нации. Как я могу быть расисткой, когда мой чеченец, наполовину еврей и русский, бабушка по маминой линии татарка, а дед - поляк. Эти родственники живут в разных странах. И при всем этом я имею украинскую семью - Яковенко. Как я могу быть фашисткой, когда мой прадед воевал против фашизма?Как я могу быть за войну, когда мы выросли на антивоенных фильмах? Когда меньше всего мы хотели голодать, как переживали и плакали на театральных постановках о войне, на фильмах, на праздниках 9 мая... Эти родственники живут в странах разных стран. И при всем этом я имею украинскую фамилию. Как я могу быть фашисткой, когда мой прадед воевал против фашизма? Как я могу быть за войну, когда мы выросли на антивоенных фильмах? Когда меньше всего мы хотели голодать, как переживали и плакали на театральных постановках о войне, на фильмах, на праздниках 9 мая... Эти родственники живут в странах разных стран. И при всем этом я имею украинскую семью - Яковенко. Как я могу быть фашисткой, когда мой прадед воевал против фашизма?Как я могу быть за войну, когда мы выросли на антивоенных фильмах? Когда меньше всего мы хотели голодать, как переживали и плакали на театральных постановках о войне, на фильмах, на праздниках 9 мая... 

Файвер помог мне реализовать себя, пусть и сейчас у нас нет возможности здесь работать - и это меня не остановит. Я буду дальше искать возможности, я буду дальше вкладывать в развитие, я буду дальше говорить о себе весь мир - я дизайнер, я готов сделать ваш бизнес лучше. Я буду следовать мечте, пусть через проблемы с финансами, с препятствиями, пустыми через хейт. Я буду развивать паблики в вк, я буду покупать впн и развивать инстаграм... 

Всем добра и сил в это время. Не ожесточайте сердец и не отказывайтесь. Мы прорвёмся! 

Edited by al_lis
  • Like 24
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 3

Appeal to Micha Kaufman and other people from planet Earth.

Hi, I'm an illustrator from planet Earth. I should probably apologize that I was born at a point called Russia in the English-speaking world, even though it is the Russian Federation. 

There's a lot of different nationalities living in this land. It's a huge ethnic cauldron. Our hearts and souls are sincerely moved by this horror, we could not even imagine that we can face such a thing in the 21st century. It's heartbreaking...

I am insanely sorry that ordinary people bear karma for the government's actions, while the government itself, deputies, oligarchs and children of oligarchs have no problem with this, and let's be honest, they are all bought. And there is more behind all of this than all of us are shown by the media.

And it just so happens that it's the creative people, the empaths, who experience everything that happens far more intensely than you probably do. Because even though our countries have different names, we're one Slavic genome, and everything that's going on right now is a night of the soul...It's heartbreaking...

You are drowning the artists, not the military or those who are really involved, who don't have such strong feelings and emotions about it all.

For the last 2 weeks every day we get letters where between the lines in charming European tolerant style we are cut off our oxygen from all over the world, we are reproached that we were born in this country, blamed for the current situation and it all looks like a new wave of Nazism. Well, with your hands you are really expressing the vengeance we deserve. But maybe you and your actions are a weapon in other hands? But, I understand you, our government's actions have given the whole world a red light on this, and I can't blame you for that.

I am not asking here, of course, to restore the work of the site with the RF, I understand, Micha Kaufman, that you yourself are in circumstances that are above you and most likely beyond your control and based on them you make these decisions.

I pray to the universe every day for this to end, every single day.
Give us all, God, the strength to survive this time, this night of the soul for both peoples of the countries, these terrible times, to our countries, give us the strength not to lose the love in our hearts and all the light that is in every artist from God, while the whole world discriminte us. We are all children of the Earth on this planet and we are for Light, Peace, Love and Union

Sincerely, Olga T.

• Like 26
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1