Fiverr Suspends Business in Russia

mjensen415

Good afternoon. I am from Ukraine and I need this money. Why are you blocking? Return it to the bank account from which they were paid. Or are you also blocking Bi and Ukrainian accounts? Why did they block the newly created account, I don’t understand?

• Like 63

Guys, please help... the fire is blocking my accounts and the money on them, does not allow me to use the money, does not return them to the bank account back, and also does not allow them to be spent in the fire system. Do they treat all Ukrainians like this? How can I get my money back, I really need it, there are almost 1,700 dollars. Help me please! Also, why are you deleting posts? Show people how you block their money, why not? Why are you deleting all messages?

fiver.png

fiver2.png

fiver3.png

fiver4.png

fiver5.png

fiver6.png

fiver7.png

fiver8.png

fiver9.png

• Like 54
  • Sad 7
  • Up 2

On 3/10/2022 at 11:11 AM, mjensen415 said:

From the Fiverr Blog. A message from CEO Micha Kaufman:

Our hearts break for the people of Ukraine and we join the world in grieving for the lives lost and destroyed due to the senseless and unjustifiable violence. We also mourn with our global community of freelancers and business owners, who work daily across borders, languages, and cultures to create opportunity. They know that any conflict that divides like-minded and good people into “us vs. them” represents a loss for all of humanity and is contrary to everything the Fiverr community stands for. 

That said, the devastation in Ukraine requires action and has triggered global economic sanctions aimed at ending the conflict. In light of the ongoing situation, Fiverr is suspending its business in Russia starting today. We will not allow the opening of new accounts or the use of existing accounts to buy or sell on our platform. We are, however, allowing our Russian freelancers to withdraw their current earnings to ensure we have fulfilled our obligations to them.

Going forward, Fiverr will continue to prioritize efforts to support our Ukrainian community.  Today we launched a dedicated store featuring talented Ukrainian freelancers who are ready and able to work. Fiverr will donate our fees from this store to the Ukrainian Red Cross who are providing first aid, clothes, food, medications, and clean water in the region.

We’ve also made the decision to return all fees collected in the past few weeks to our Ukrainian freelancers as a way to offer additional financial support. We will continue to look for ways to support our Ukrainian community, as well as all victims of the war.

Of course, nobody can say when the war will end, but please know that Fiverr continues to work with urgency and compassion to find ways to help our community. As we do, we welcome your ideas and participation.

Micha

I hate war and I like it how fiverr support Ukrainians

• Like 53
  • Haha 4

9 minutes ago, catwriter said:

@mikavirtanen, I can't find your account on the main site. Do Russian accounts still exist but can't be found (not even with gigs all paused), or did Fiverr delete all Russian accounts?

My account still exist, I even have 2 active orders (they were started before 14/03). But I can't access any other Russian accounts too.

But I saw some posts from Russian and even Ukrainian users, they had their accounts permanently disabled.

• Like 46
  • Thanks 1

Many here say that this is a good solution.  But, guys, this hasn't affected you yet, and therefore it's easier for you to talk about it.  But if it touches you, then you will speak differently.  First of all, this is not the humanity that everyone is talking about.  And secondly, this is a barbarous deprivation of people of work and money.

Edited by liana_petr
  • Like 44
  • Confused 1

It's simply astounding.
It looks like to no end I trusted that somewhere around Fiverr during this frenzy with the abrogation of the Russians will stay an island of good judgment.

I reliably gave 20% of my pay to Fiverr, kept every one of the guidelines and offered the most ideal quality types of assistance. Also, what do I receive consequently - I am denied of my main occupation in a country that is nearly default.

You have no clue about what normal residents who were adequately unfortunate to be brought into the world in Russia are going through the present moment. I came to Fiverr exactly to abstain from working for the neighborhood system and starving absurdly simultaneously. I could possibly leave the nation, however if not, I will have no way out.

• Like 42

I want to say - do not use payoneer. This company will steal thousands of your dollars just because you are russian 🙂 Hundreds of thousands of Russians today cannot withdraw their money from payoneer. Was it the sanctions? No. Is there any court decision? No. You are Russian, that's all 🙂

Do not trust any "western" company. Their TOS are garbage, their lawyers are liers, their the judicial system is dead.

Historia napisu Arbeit macht Frei

Edited by toner2d
  • Like 41

3 hours ago, toner2d said:

I want to say - do not use payoneer. This company will steal thousands of your dollars just because you are russian 🙂 Hundreds of thousands of Russians today cannot withdraw their money from payoneer. Was it the sanctions? No. Is there any court decision? No. You are Russian, that's all 🙂

Do not trust any "western" company. Their TOS are garbage, their lawyers are liers, their the judicial system is dead.

well, it seems like our proрagаndists are telling truth about russорhоbes in the west🤯

• Like 41

13 hours ago, toner2d said:

Payoneer works for me.  Yes, the site is crooked, but working. Sometimes it gives errors. But the recipient's bank also needs to be chosen, which is not under sanctions. Maybe it really doesn’t work for some.

• Like 43

23 minutes ago, liana_petr said:

Payoneer works for me.  Yes, the site is crooked, but working. Sometimes it gives errors. But the recipient's bank also needs to be chosen, which is not under sanctions. Maybe it really doesn’t work for some.

does it work with tinkoff? which bank did you use?

• Like 39

3 hours ago, mikavirtanen said:

I can confirm Tinkoff, Russian Standard, and Citibank (they are selling their bank now, so it's not the best option). 

I prefer Russian Standard because they process payments faster than TInkoff and they don't ask stupid questions. 

• Like 36
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, mikavirtanen said:

Yes, it works through Tinkoff.  But I only recently found out that Tinkoff charges 100 rubles a month for maintenance.  But I not only withdrew money through the fiverr (payoneer), but also simply directly through the customer.  But there you need to confirm your activity and identity.

• Like 37
  • Thanks 1