Do you enjoy working as a freelancer on Fiverr?

myb2bservices

Do you enjoy working as a freelancer on Fiverr?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Do you enjoy working as a freelancer on Fiverr?

• Yes I enjoy my freedom
    • I earn money but mentally strained and isolated
    • New fiverr features are killing my gig, there's no future for old sellers
    • Fiverr is more friendly to buyers, many times they misuse Fiverr's policies. Its affect me emotionally
    • I constantly feel insecure
    • They don't care about sellers

4 minutes ago, mariashtelle1 said:

Which new features are killing your gig? 

Fiverr made a lot of changes in 2021, they are trying to maximize their revenue, all changes are in their favor! (Ex. Promoted gig - You get organic clicks only If they approve promoted gig and pay them). 

Now work quality doesn't matter to Fiverr.  

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, myb2bservices said:

Fiverr made a lot of changes in 2021, they are trying to maximize their revenue, all changes are in their favor! (Ex. Promoted gig - You get organic clicks only If they approve promoted gig and pay them). 

I can tell you for a fact that that is not true. There are still a lot of sellers that get organic traffic without promoted feature. 
Promoted feature is built on top of your gig and if your gig have bad performance then promoted feature also wouldn’t be working. Promoted feature works only if you are already have high organic ranking. 

Right now everything is based on your performance with a lot of hidden metrics and connecting you to the clients that are most likely to buy your service. So you need to adapt and change one of those two or both to stay relevant to the market. What was working 4 years ago wouldn’t necessarily work right now even without fiverr new features. 

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, mariashtelle1 said:

I can tell you for a fact that that is not true. There are still a lot of sellers that get organic traffic without promoted feature. 
Promoted feature is built on top of your gig and if your gig have bad performance then promoted feature also wouldn’t be working. Promoted feature works only if you are already have high organic ranking. 

Right now everything is based on your performance with a lot of hidden metrics and connecting you to the clients that are most likely to buy your service. So you need to adapt and change one of those two or both to stay relevant to the market. What was working 4 years ago wouldn’t necessarily work right now even without fiverr new features. 

It's pointless to disagree with your statement; you're in love with Fiverr!

Enjoy! 

• Like 14
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, myb2bservices said:

you're in love with Fiverr!

No, Im not in love with fiverr, fiverr is just one of the platform that I work on and it does have some flaws that I do not enjoy at all. 
However the problems that you are talking about is not really platform related but rather a mismanagement of your own business and inability to adapt to a market. 
I’ve been freelancing for over 7 years so I saw quite a few businesses and even more freelancer going out of business who wasn’t able to adapt and all of them were blaming platforms, conditions, markets, competition etc you name it. 

• Like 13
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 1

None of these choices apply to me, so I didn't vote. Most seem to focus on emotional strain or insecurity. In my opinion, freelance platforms have no responsibility for these things. It provides an opportunity to manage part of a freelance business. That's all.

I have no problems with Fiverr in general (Maybe I'll get accused of being 'in love' with it like Mariashtelle was - jeesh!). I think there are a lot of people here who don't understand anything about building a business and believe Fiverr is solely responsible for success or failure.

• Like 14
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, myb2bservices said:

hey are trying to maximize their revenue,

Fiverr is trying to minimize their own revenue? That makes no sense!

Promoted gig - You get organic clicks only If they approve promoted gig and pay them). 

I get more clicks and orders on the gigs I do not use with promoted gigs.

Now work quality doesn't matter to Fiverr. 

I disagree. My Seller Plus Manager told me that one of the hidden metrics is how well your clients like the quality of your work AND the way you do business. If your customers aren't happy then you will have less exposure.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

On 3/9/2022 at 9:37 AM, myb2bservices said:

I joined Fiverr in 2018, strained my eyes, and was emotionally affected. Fiverr's new features are killing my best selling gig.

I'm about to leave the platform, but I'd want to hear from others.

I'm over the platform and pivoting to something else. I can't be working like a dog consistently only to have one slip up and have my business decimated. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Well, I should choose at least two options. I like independence, but it is true that I have to be mostly at home, attentive to orders, and that stresses me out a bit. I have had very good experiences with my buyers and the 2 or 3 with whom I did not like their treatment directly, I decided not to work with them.

Edited by maezma85
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 1

image.thumb.png.089b4395bf50d81f266fc09fe5e1949d.png

Hmm. There are some key omissions to commonly expressed sentiments on Fiverr, like:

Fiverr only cares about experienced/longtime sellers and new sellers can never compete.

or

I appreciate operating on Fiverr but there are definitely components that could use improvement.

On 3/9/2022 at 12:55 AM, myb2bservices said:

It's pointless to disagree with your statement; you're in love with Fiverr!

Your own bias in the phrasing of the survey and in your opening post likely makes presenting any differing viewpoint pointless as well. 🤓

• Like 11
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

You are Top Rated seller, you have 4 orders in queue and you've just delivered one a few hours ago. Why do you say Fiverr is killing your gig? (the only gig, btw).

My answer to the question in the title: I really like working on Fiverr because it gives me much more freedom and much more money than my previous job. However, I do know there are things I really dislike. For example, the tendency to be on the buyer's side instead of the seller's. But I need to acknowledge that even when we have that, I'm still happy with my earnings and the job itself.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

On 3/9/2022 at 1:59 PM, mariashtelle1 said:

There are still a lot of sellers that get organic traffic without promoted feature

Yes, I agree with you on this point. I got "Promoted gigs" feature around one and half years ago. But till now I didn't need to use this feature. I am getting orders still now organic way. Yes, there were ups and downs during my Fiverr journey but till now what I have seen during my small journey to Fiverr is organic way is always best.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 3/9/2022 at 3:15 PM, mariashtelle1 said:

I saw quite a few businesses and even more freelancer going out of business who wasn’t able to adapt and all of them were blaming platforms, conditions, markets, competition etc you name it. 

Correct.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1