Vote on Fiverr's first interactive workshop!

frank_d

Fiverr workshop  

88 members have voted

1. 1. What do you want our first Fiverr workshop to be about?

• Negotiation techniques/Pricing
    • Communication 101
    • Diagnosing problems
    • Bringing up budget/establishing project fit
    • Closing sales/Overcoming objections
    • Pricing your work
    • Other (comment with your suggestion)

This poll is closed to new votes

Hey gang!

I am in between some overlapping deliveries at the moment and even though past Frank made future Frank promise he wouldn't do it again, I am about to book 2 more gigs, all due for next week. So I guess present Frank decided it's future Frank's problem.

If you were able to stick with me through that weird Looper-esque intro, good news, because here's the actual news:

I am discussing with Fiverr's community organizer (Hi @bethcleavy!) about an exciting community event.

I think instead of doing another webinar, I'll try to host an interactive workshop.

The premise is simple: the event will cover one business pain point specifically, and instead of an hour-long presentation, I will just do a quick introduction about that specific subject and then we will break out in groups, to do some role-playing, or breaking down each seller's issue specifically.

An example: let's say the topic for the workshop is negotiations/quoting clients. 

I think that role-playing, i.e. me playing the customer role and then you responding as you normally would, will be a more immersive way to uncover the actual things that are holding you back, vs listening to me talk for an hour and taking notes.

Or each participant can screenshot a specific order/inbox message that didn't play out well and I can go over it with them and do a play-by-play analysis that will help identify the issue.

So this topic is for you to vote on a few suggestions I have, or simply comment with a suggestion of your own:

What do you want this workshop to be about?

Please make sure to vote on the subject of your choice or pick "other" and comment on what your suggestion is.

We will use this poll not only to pick the first workshop's subject, but also organize future events as well, so please participate in this poll!

As always, I am here to discuss and answer any questions!

• frank_d changed the title to Vote on Fiverr's first interactive workshop!
  • frank_d featured and pinned this topic

Thanks Frank! 

I have submitted my vote. 

My problem is I've skills on Photoshop, and trying to get a good career here with image processing. But not getting expected sales only because of Buyers trust. Getting gig's view, maybe buyer not trusting a newbie.  

I have no Level now. Hope to get Level-1 on this evaluation. I think I don't know how to attract a buyer, Maybe my pricing, My Profile photo is a name of my small team Company (Maybe buyer not liking) So so many questions I have in mind. 

Lets see the workshop if I could get the points to upgrade myself. 

I really appreciate your initiative. 

On 3/8/2022 at 10:55 PM, frank_d said:

Hey gang!

I am in between some overlapping deliveries at the moment and even though past Frank made future Frank promise he wouldn't do it again, I am about to book 2 more gigs, all due for next week. So I guess present Frank decided it's future Frank's problem.

If you were able to stick with me through that weird Looper-esque intro, good news, because here's the actual news:

I am discussing with Fiverr's community organizer (Hi @bethcleavy!) about an exciting community event.

I think instead of doing another webinar, I'll try to host an interactive workshop.

The premise is simple: the event will cover one business pain point specifically, and instead of an hour-long presentation, I will just do a quick introduction about that specific subject and then we will break out in groups, to do some role-playing, or breaking down each seller's issue specifically.

An example: let's say the topic for the workshop is negotiations/quoting clients. 

I think that role-playing, i.e. me playing the customer role and then you responding as you normally would, will be a more immersive way to uncover the actual things that are holding you back, vs listening to me talk for an hour and taking notes.

Or each participant can screenshot a specific order/inbox message that didn't play out well and I can go over it with them and do a play-by-play analysis that will help identify the issue.

So this topic is for you to vote on a few suggestions I have, or simply comment with a suggestion of your own:

Please make sure to vote on the subject of your choice or pick "other" and comment on what your suggestion is.

We will use this poll not only to pick the first workshop's subject, but also organize future events as well, so please participate in this poll!

Thanks, frand_d for this initiative. I'm eagerly waiting for this initiative on how to work and how could I improve my work on this platform?

Just a quick update: looks like we have a winner, so I will be closing the poll soon.

We also have a date for the webinar, most likely April the 28th, right after my trip to Fiverr headquarters. 🙂 

Will post more details soon.

On 3/9/2022 at 8:25 AM, pixelz_photo said:

maybe buyer not trusting a newbie.  

Yes, at somewhere this 'not trusting newbies' also causing an effects on new sellers, and it's natural also it took time for them to get the frist order, but you should know, they only want 'real' work according to their requirements.

Communication 101

Pricing your work

Negotiation techniques/Pricing

I do not know how to get impression. This is my problem. Freelance are not those person who knows his task/skill, a person who knows to win a client is a freelancer. What are the best practices. I just have read some topic on this issue, but i am curious is there any official guideline from fiverr? 

Fiverr has some strict policies, most of the time we do not have read all the policies as i do not need to know. When situations come we try to search on google. Right now getting clients attention is the big problem for me. When i am solved with this problem i can concentrate rest of the problem that you have mentioned in the poll.  

30 minutes ago, animie_video said:

What if people like me don't have a success manager? 
I am still in waiting queue and can't find a way out to succeed in this

While waiting to enroll in the Seller plus program all you have to do is read posts from successful sellers with a proven track record.

What I share here is usually more information than what your Success manager could ever tell you if I am being totally honest.

On 3/8/2022 at 10:55 PM, frank_d said:

Hey gang!

Great i would love to attend the workshop. am really interested with it.

Archived