New in Fiverr

tahsin_mahbub

46 minutes ago, cs_evans said:

Rarely in my life have I found my skills outstrip the equipment I work with.

I feel like that happens to me every single day. When working with video, no computer is ever fast enough. Never. Waiting for rendering, waiting for exports, waiting for compressing, waiting for plug-ins to load. No internet is fast enough - waiting for downloads and uploads. No screen is big enough, or color accurate enough. No camera is good enough, no microphone is good enough. Things can always improve. 

Edited by visualstudios
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2

Great setup! I use a MacBook bro m1, wireless mouse, wireless mechanical keyboard, a 4k Viewsonic screen, and great software.

I am a software junkie, so I am always looking for the latest and greatest software. Right now my favorite software is notion, a really good productivity tool. 

• Like 7

On 3/5/2022 at 5:56 PM, tahsin_mahbub said:

I am a cloud accountant. I use apple macbook air m1 and iPad Air 4 with Apple Pencil. What more devices may be used to improve my productivity?

pppp.jpeg

May I ask why you chose a stock image to share instead of your actual setup?

Also: if you are an accountant then you could do the same exact job using almost any laptop that can run excel/web browsers sufficiently.

@visualstudios I’m on the same boat.

It seems like my $15k workstation I purchased back in 2015 needs to be replaced ASAP. 

It’s ridiculous how a 20-core machine with 64 GBs of RAM and dual titan X GPUs struggles so much with my current projects.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, frank_d said:

t’s ridiculous how a 20-core machine with 64 GBs of RAM and dual titan X GPUs struggles so much with my current projects.

It's the software. That why I don't touch anything that isn't apple (software wise), the optimization is non existent. There's absolutely no reason for my macbook with integrated graphics on final cut beating a desktop with a dedicated gpu on premiere on playback... yet it's what I see.

Dual Titan X's can run any game at max settings, and that means rendering entire 3D worlds with great graphics at 60fps+. That should be able to run any compositing, 3D rendering software, equally as well, equally as fast, surely your projects it can't be "heavier" than the top games. If they are, it just doesn't make sense. If a rig can run cyberpunk 2077, any after effects project should be literally nothing lol.

Edited by visualstudios
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...