Add an option to report forum users.

gajuseidi

Fiverr platform has at least three ways to report users for inappropriate behaviour. Fiver forum has one - message the mod. I would really appreciate an option to report users efficiently and without the hassle. I'm getting really tired of spammers, who litter all over the forum every day with their nonsense replies and reactions on every single post ever made, which also messes with forum notifications. Not to mention, the "experts", who are spreading misinformation which can be downright harmful. An option to report users easily and efficiently would be very much appreciated and I'm a bit baffled it does not exist yet.

Screenshot re 2022-03-05 063315.jpg

• Like 13
  • Up 12

• 3 weeks later...

Some old forum I used to visit had implemented moderator free report function.

I think it's how it works.

-Post should not be older than 24 hours to be reported. 
-and If the post has reported at least 5 times, from each of different individuals in span of 2 hours.
-and If the post doesn't have more than 1 like
Temporary banned from posting for 24 hours, but post will not be deleted. (Read only)

If this person temp banned for more than 3 occasion in week notification will be sent to moderators. Moderators will finally check if this person should be banned again or some group of people attacking this person. 🤔

• Like 15
  • Up 6

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

This user https://community.fiverr.com/profile/******* has links to his social media profiles in his bio. He has also been harassing multiple forum users in the past which I made the m.oderators aware of a few years ago, but that's beside the point...
I thought sharing links to Instagram, etc. was against Fiverr's rules? I contacted CS about it months ago as I did not wish to use the forum at the time, but absolutely nothing was done, although they told me that they'd look into it.

Can I add my social media to my profile, then?

• Like 5
  • Up 9

And no, I'd rather not take this in private. I have tried that before, and he's still standing. I've reported him for copyright infringement, s****l harassment, displaying social media on his gigs, etc.  
That slimy old cat has got nine lives and then some...
I believe in transparency when it comes to mo.deration. -- just to clarify, nothing against the "new" mo.derator team. I just had bad experiences in the past with some of the older mo.ds and the top dog Matt J.

Also, I'm taking bets on how long it'll take for this thread to get deleted for calling out a user. 🍿

Edited by vibronx
  • Like 3

I completely, @vibronx, how you feel about sellers that cheat the system and get away with it. I found a seller with the image of a Texas female lawyer on her profile, yet she is from an African country. I flagged 4 of her gigs and pointed out the cheater's theft—nothing. 

So, I  contacted CS with proof that the seller's images were of a Texas lawyer. I found the lady lawyer's LinkedIn profile and a picture of her on a Texas official website as she is a president of some official organization.

All CS told me was they would forward it to the Trust and Safety team. The agent ended by telling me to use the flagging 🏴 option on the seller's gig even though in my original report to them, I had said I had already done that.   

The cheater seller from N's gigs are still up and using the Texas lady lawyer's image. 

• Like 3
  • Up 1

1 hour ago, vibronx said:

I thought sharing links to Instagram, etc. was against Fiverr's rules?

I've seen links to whatever in profiles so often that, if I wasn't a forum reader, and even if I had read the rules, as a new seller I'd probably think it was completely fine. Sometimes, it's baffling how such things fall through the cracks despite all AI, trigger words, etc., remembering the "papaya" forum post, which is forever engraved in my memory, I think 😅

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, miiila said:

"papaya" forum post,

I do not remember that. 

3 minutes ago, miiila said:

I'd probably think it was completely fine.

The subject of OP's complaint was a well-educated person—he bosted enough about it on the Forum—who I am sure knew what he was doing. 

• Like 5

• 3 months later...

@imagination7413As thread is about report, spam, ai...

So i want to ask whether there's any option to report USER ? (didn't seen yet)

Because I have seen some profiles known to use chatgpt

and after some months, still seeing continuity in their spam (although I have reported their content several times)

or are there any rule, like if user gets 3+ warnings and get suspended ?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, grayprogrammerz said:

So i want to ask whether there's any option to report USER ?

The only way (that I know of) to report a forum user is through a post they've made.

I don't have access to the forum tools that sees reported posts, but I do try to issue plagiarism warnings when I do see those kinds of posts during my own forum browsing. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, imagination7413 said:

I don't have access to the forum tools that sees reported posts, but I do try to issue plagiarism warnings when I do see those kinds of posts during my own forum browsing. 

That's interesting, so its only Fiverr staff who sees the reported posts then? I guess it's understandable if that is the case.

• Like 2