Fiverr's Support of Ukraine

mjensen415

Words cannot express the sadness we feel for the people of Ukraine. Fiverr has employees in offices around the world, but one of our most beloved and vibrant teams worked in an office in Kyiv. That’s why, to us, this war is not a distant tragedy playing out on cable news and social media: it is a lump in our collective throats and a searing pain in our hearts that doesn’t go away. Fiverr is a family and our brothers and sisters are hurting. 

We stand in solidarity with Ukraine and all those impacted by this unprovoked attack. We also share in the outrage and frustration expressed by our global community—including many in Russia—but we also know that we are not powerless to help. And this simple truth gives us focus.

Before the invasion began, we worked to ensure the safety of our team in Ukraine, including helping them evacuate and relocate if desired. Taking care of our Ukrainian staff remains one of our highest priorities.

We’ve also looked for ways, big and small, to support Fiverr’s Ukrainian community. As part of this effort we have:

Enabled early payout for Ukrainian sellers, offering them the opportunity to withdraw their earnings immediately by waiving the safety clearance period.

• Created a dedicated support team to help Ukrainian sellers with issues related to their accounts and work, and to provide anything else they need to navigate the uncertainty of the situation.
  • Ensured Ukrainian sellers will not be demoted or otherwise negatively impacted for issues occurring during this horrendous time.
  • Raised funds for World Central Kitchen, to help feed the nearly 1,000,000 people fleeing Ukraine to neighboring countries
  • Started building a special Fiverr store featuring Ukrainian sellers who are ready and able to work
  • Provided direct financial support to Ukrainian freelancers to help offset the cost of potential lost business.

Nobody knows how this war will unfold or when it will end, but please know that we’ll continue to work with urgency and passion to find ways to help our community. As we do, we welcome your ideas, thoughts, and encouragement.

Stay safe and strong,
Brent Messenger
VP, Public Policy & Community Engagement

• Like 627
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 19
  • Congrats! 7
  • Up 32
  • Thanks 30

• mjensen415 changed the title to Fiverr's Support of Ukraine

I would love to see an option for sellers--if they so choose--to donate a proportion of their earnings to one of the major charities before these funds reach us.

While we can each give individually, I think it becomes harder to donate as much when we have the funds paid into the bank first. I'd be willing to tick a box to donate X% of my Fiverr earnings to a recognized Ukrainian support initiative, so those donations are taken before my funds are paid to me.

Clearly, this would be elective. It may be only a small % of sellers who'd do this but on a global level, this could accrue quite an additional sum for the charity. 

I would also love to see some profiles of Ukrainian sellers put 'big and bold' across Fiverr--even advertised to other sellers, not just buyers, so we see the faces of the platform's Ukrainians. For example, 'Let's all support our Ukrainian sellers. This is Oksana. She has a degree in (X subject) and offers (bullet-pointed products). Oksana would love to work for you! (Link to profile). 

I'd be very happy to keep some Ukrainians busy with work, even if it's work I wasn't planning to do yet! For example, I have been planning to purchase some illustrations and do not have the time to trawl Fiverr for suitable designers. 

• Like 313
  • Haha 1
  • Congrats! 5
  • Up 9
  • Thanks 5

I apologize for hijacking the post, but it's very important for anyone abroad wanting to help, to know how. Every Ukrainian needs our help and we can help here and now. You can donate to Ukraine's support funds and help Ukrainian soldiers and civiliands directly.

Donate to Ukrainian support funds:

• Come Back Alive (Повернись живим) - a Ukrainian NGO that has been assisting Ukrainian troops with essential military equipment since 2014: https://savelife.in.ua/en/donate/

• Ukrainian Red Cross: https://redcross.org.ua/en/donate/

Before donating, please research all support funds on your own and donate at your own discretion. Here are some more funds that would benefit from our support and trusted media sources from: https://help-ukraine.crd.co/

• Like 234
  • Confused 1
  • Up 10
  • Thanks 5

At the moment I'm very happy that fiverr is making such a humane decision.

The war is fierce. Our own people are dying in the war, and we must help them in this moment. First of all I would like to thank the fiverr staff. As sellers, let us know if there is a way we can participate in this work of yours. Of course I would like to contribute $ 1 or so for them

Thanks again to the fiverr staff

• Like 209
  • Confused 3
  • Thanks 5

I want to see Fiverr drop the service fee for buyers (outside Ukraine) helping out sellers in Ukraine.  It is tacky to get hit with a 5% fee.  

An example, me wanting to help a random iOS developer a little in Ukraine.  I really don’t need work done. But want to help out someone directly within my interest.  I can have a “job” created where they really don’t actually deliver anything to help them but the 5% fee is tacky.

AirBnB dropped their service fee for Ukraine properties and it has resulted in over 2 million dollars sent to help out people in Ukraine.  People renting out rooms and then letting the seller know they are not going to show up.  But they wanted to help someone out directly so use the money to whatever their needs are.

• Like 200
  • Haha 3
  • Up 5
  • Thanks 3

I think for the Ukrainian Freelancers the payment clearance 14 days or 7 days should be completely removed or reduce to may be 1 or 2 days. They should be getting more noticed on the site. Also the deadline feature should be disabled for them as they are going through hard times so If the respond late or take more time then usual so this things shouldn't be hurting their stats & account.

• Like 175
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2
  • Up 4
  • Thanks 3

I didn't know Fiverr had an office in Kyiv. They held the first Ukrainian social event on Dec 2nd right down my street. I was sick and couldn't attend, unfortunately.

Kyiv is my home. We had 2 historical streets remaining after WW2 because of how heavily it was bombed by Germans. They leveled it to the ground. It's incredibly ironic that now it's getting destroyed with the same viciousness by the *fascist fighters" or whatever they choose to call themselves. 

I hope the city stands. It's been through so much historically, century after century, and every time it was rebuilt from the ground up.

I appreciate this post so much. ❤️

I'm in Prague, I am safe. A friend of a friend of a friend let us stay in his apartment for a month until we get registered and figure things out. 

• Like 178
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

This is really great - I am from Ukraine, currently staying in Ukraine, and I can say that Many people have their main off-line job and Fiverr, and due to the current situation, Fiverr is the only source of income for many of us. So thank you Fiverr for everything you do - now it is more important than ever before! 🙏

• Like 157
  • Sad 1
  • Congrats! 6

Today I went to give clothes to the town hall for Ukrainians, I remember my brother had an ex girlfriend from Ukraine, they broke up 3 years ago, I wonder what's her situation now, I would have welcomed her family if we were still in contact, anyway.

• Like 128
  • Congrats! 2
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 3

Thank you so much, dear Fiverr.

It is really kind gesture of support and showing your position. I can't describe how such things lift the mood up. Ukrainians now accept so much of supports these days. I think world never was so united. Thank you for being with us.

Hope all Ukrainian Fiverr staff and authors are in safe.

Stay safe everyone.

With love from Ukraine. 

• Like 129
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 1

Fiverr doing very good job during this horrendous time. 
I have suggestion for Fiverr team to create charity feature in site for Ukrainians people. So, the member of Fiverr's family (Sellers, Buyers, Investors, Team, supports, etc) can give individually.

• Like 113
  • Congrats! 3
  • Up 1

Thank you, Fiverr !!❤️

I am Ukrainian and words of support are really very important to me.💖

I'm new at the Fiverr. But because of the military situation in my country, I really need a job and money.

I am a designer and architect. On my page you will find offers that I am ready to provide for a minimum payment, because I just want to get positive feedback and promote my account. I would be very happy to do any other work for you.

Thanks again everyone! I want peace!  💙💛

• Like 117
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 8

Thank you, Fiverr !! Your words of support are very important to me.

I'm from Ukraine. My family and I were forced to leave our home and were left without work.

I am a beginner in Fiverr, but have been working as a photographer and photo retoucher for over 10 years. I would be happy to help with any work for you.

Thank you very much for your support and kind words!

• Like 108
  • Thanks 3

I am a Ukrainian citizen living in Ukraine but Fiverr sent me an email saying that my account will be disabled because "Fiverr will be suspending services across Russia on Monday, March 14, 2022".Screenshot_2022-03-10_23-21-11.png.29d1b69b2358912fed7c6b004b50dfd7.png

Does Fiverr think Ukraine is Russia?

Why is my account associated with Russia?

I haven't been to Russia for 15 years or so.

Registered and used my account in Ukraine only.

Contacted the support team but they didn't tell me why they put me into Russia.

Screenshot_2022-03-12_21-51-30.thumb.png.8c3608fb8f61e5ef183f15f8696578d8.png

• Like 106
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 3

18 minutes ago, maksodium said:

I am a Ukrainian citizen living in Ukraine but Fiverr sent me an email saying that my account will be disabled because "Fiverr will be suspending services across Russia on Monday, March 14, 2022".Screenshot_2022-03-10_23-21-11.png.29d1b69b2358912fed7c6b004b50dfd7.png

Does Fiverr think Ukraine is Russia?

Why is my account associated with Russia?

I haven't been to Russia for 15 years or so.

Registered and used my account in Ukraine only.

Contacted the support team but they didn't tell me why they put me into Russia.

Screenshot_2022-03-12_21-51-30.thumb.png.8c3608fb8f61e5ef183f15f8696578d8.png

If you have a bill or other proof that shows your address, I think it would be good you send them some proof. Wish you all the best, I hope you can solve this.

• Like 98
  • Up 7

President Of Ukarine- 

Volodymyr Zelenskyy

Here is my some contribution to this legend, I've made this, cause he is a true hero and world needs legends like him. I am very thankful for the fiverr, for standing with ukarine. My prayers are with you. 

IMG_20220317_113703.jpg

IMG_20220317_113755.jpg

Edited by inpaper
  • Like 84
  • Haha 4
  • Congrats! 3
  • Thanks 2