Jump to content

Who protects sellers?


Recommended Posts

When I started working on online platforms I was very happy because I could talk directly with clients and manage my time.
Little by little I realized that many people hired me directly without talking to me. So I decided to look for the option of having to be the one to accept the job offer when a client wants my services, but to my surprise it does not exist.

I changed my gigs and put specifically what I offer, and in the description in capital letters and bold I wrote "ASK ME BEFORE START WORKING TOGETHER) (I DO NOT DO ADVERTISING WORK, I ONLY PARTICIPATE IN SOCIAL PROJECTS, OR THAT MAY INTEREST ME. CONTACT ME FIRST before hiring any service, but the  majority of clients continue to contact me without reading. This leads me to having to give explanations to cancel the job and having to contact Fiverr so that it does not affect my rates.
On a personal level, each one has their moral values, but  we are creating a habit where a worker accepts any job even if he does not agree with its content or because it does not look bad with the client. And the client is getting used to hiring quickly, without reading and without interacting with the worker.

Wouldn't you like to be able to choose who to work with or be able to cancel your order without affecting your profile?

  • Like 16
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, arturodelarosah said:

So I decided to look for the option of having to be the one to accept the job offer when a client wants my services, but to my surprise it does not exist.

It doesn’t and I don’t think it will change because it’s the main thing that differentiates fiverr from any other freelance platform. That’s their thing that they build their marketing on and promote their business. 

  • Like 8
  • Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, arturodelarosah said:

Wouldn't you like to be able to choose who to work with or be able to cancel your order without affecting your profile?

Sure I'd love to cancel sometimes without it hitting my stats, but to be honest I'd rather people just purchase and not message me, would save me a lot of time!

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/5/2022 at 4:19 AM, williambryan392 said:

Sure I'd love to cancel sometimes without it hitting my stats, but to be honest I'd rather people just purchase and not message me, would save me a lot of time!

Not in my case, because I don't accept all the jobs.

If I have the option to select if I want the job or not, I dont loose time.

At least in this case, if the client wrote me before I can know if I'm interested or not (because I dont accept lot of advertising works) and then not waste time canceling the order and talking to Fiverr's technical service to solve

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/5/2022 at 3:57 AM, mariashtelle1 said:

It doesn’t and I don’t think it will change because it’s the main thing that differentiates fiverr from any other freelance platform. That’s their thing that they build their marketing on and promote their business. 

I know that. The most probable thing is that it will not change, this system of buisness shows me that communication matters less and less.

Production is encouraged regardless of your morals. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...