"Hi" Hate that word!

I am new to this forum, and I have search the forum about my issue but no good found.

So here is the issue, ever since I became Pro, I got so many messages that only contain the word "Hi" anyone here have the same issue?

I ignore all of them and my response rate become low.

• Like 15
  • Confused 3

As a seller, I do get such messages sometimes saying “hi”, “hello” without any information with regards to the order. I just respond asking “hi, how can I help you?”. That way your response rate do not head towards worrying direction. 

Edited by nikitakakade24
Additional sentences
  • Like 17
  • Confused 1
  • Up 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, hellangel said:

So here is the issue, ever since I became Pro, I got so many messages that only contain the word "Hi" anyone here have the same issue?

Just say Hi back and that's it. I reply to every message with at least a Hi, this way I always had the 100% response rate and if people don't come back, then taht doesn't affect my stats. Just say Hi back and you will be fine. 

• Like 18
  • Up 5

16 minutes ago, hellangel said:

If we mark them on spam, do this still affecting my respond rate?

It shouldn't affect you. But maybe people want to see if you reply before they start talking about a project? Marking as spam takes more work than just creating a quick response where you say "Hi" back and tap on that within the app. I very much prefer replying rather than marking as spam. 

• Like 13
  • Haha 1

Work is work and when I get a monosyllabic message I always reply, "How can I help you?"

My pet peeve is actually the opposite.  I hate it when people contact me without a friendly greeting, albeit more than just "Hi" would be nice.  On here, I go about my business of offering good customer service and engage the potential customer.  When it is not my business, that is another story.  Recently I was selling some old electronics on FB marketplace and actually told a few people I would not sell to them because their initial contacts were aggressive, and without any kind of friendly greeting.  Manner's matter. 

• Like 16
  • Up 1

4 hours ago, psykkopatte said:

It has already happened to me, I must say this is weird to just writte hi and not saying anything, So I just reply hello, and sometimes they never reply back, weird

Eh, just say Hi back and you protect your account, while also being respectful. If they don't come back, they either forgot or found someone else. As long as their "Hi" doesn't damage my response rate, I don't have a problem. And a simple Hi back does the trick for me. 

• Like 11

On 3/4/2022 at 11:25 PM, donnovan86 said:

Eh, just say Hi back and you protect your account, while also being respectful. If they don't come back, they either forgot or found someone else. As long as their "Hi" doesn't damage my response rate, I don't have a problem. And a simple Hi back does the trick for me. 

It's what I do to avoid the response rate down, yes, I quite expect they found someone else but, I don't know, if I had to do a request I would have exposed what I want

• Like 9

On 3/4/2022 at 11:08 AM, hellangel said:

I am new to this forum, and I have search the forum about my issue but no good found.

Just reply them back or it will damage your response rate, I also use ''hi'' but with the details.

• Like 10

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/4/2022 at 2:10 PM, nikitakakade24 said:

As a seller, I do get such messages sometimes saying “hi”, “hello” without any information with regards to the order. I just respond asking “hi, how can I help you?”. That way your response rate do not head towards worrying direction. 

My very little experience on such issues is good and I never faced the only word "Hi/Hello".

• Like 5