Are you gays thinking that currently Ukraine and Russia war impacting the Fiverr market?

mahadiapurbo

Yeah because when thousands of people are dying, the only issue is the fact that they aren't spending money anymore...

It's a war. 

Wether it impacts your sales or not doesn't matter in this case. Human lives matter much more. 

1 hour ago, mahadiapurbo said:

I don't mean to that the current situation is affecting our Fiverr market in the same way that it is affecting the whole world.😥

But... it's not.

Just like how the war isn't affecting the 'whole world' the same way either.

I understand your point, really - but I genuinely don't think fretting about losing a sale or two is warranted when there are people fleeing their homes in hope of SURVIVAL. 

It will have some impact, of course,  but it will be minimal in terms of business volume in general. Russian and Ukrainian users are a very small % of users. 

Also, the "whataboutism" is a bit annoying. People have been dying in wars, hunger, etc. all over the world since forever. That doesn't mean we can't look at it and think how it affects our business. Obviously those people are far worse, but if a seller relied on Ukrainian and Russian sales to keep food on the table and pay rent, and those go to zero, of course he would worry about it. Yes, the people dying in an unjust war are in way worse situation, but that doesn't mean his problems disappear or aren't valid by comparison. There's always someone going through something worse than me, therefore I can never complain or worry about anything, that's the logical conclusion from that line of thought.

Financial security is key, money rules the world. If you can't make it, you're screwed. So anything that affects your ability to make it is crucial and worth worrying about. Regardless of people dying in wars. Which sucks. The world sucks. It's an unfair game. But that's the game we are forced to play. So if my business relied heavily on Ukraine and Russia, I  would play this situation by changing my offerings to attract people from other countries - which can be done in most cases. 

Some of my clients are Russian, since I am fluent in Russian they somehow find me. I am not sure how it will affect me. It's too early to say.   Invasion just started week ago. There is somehow high number of sellers from Ukraine and Russia that may affects them more. I don't think it will affect Fiverr whole.  For me personally it started to affect my country. My country depends so much from both Russia and China. Gas price, somehow even unrelated things increasing prices.

*I am not gay but just wanted to give my 2 cents.

Let me fix the title for you: "Do you guys think that Russia's invasion on Ukraine will impact the Fiverr Market?"

The answer is, obviously. It has already impacted global markets in a significant way.

7 hours ago, mahadiapurbo said:

I think 25% - 30%of the Fiverr buyers who were Ukrainians have stopped working now because of this war in Ukraine and Russia.

I have no idea where you got those percentages from, but I'm quite certain that most Ukrainian sellers and buyers don't have time for Fiverr as they are defending their country and trying to survive the invasion.

7 hours ago, mahadiapurbo said:

As a result, we are not getting the clients of the Ukrainian and their work is stopped.

I can't help but think that you made this post solely to complain that you're not receiving any orders and threw in Russia's invasion into the mix just because. It's not the time.

8 hours ago, katakatica said:

Wether it impacts your sales or not doesn't matter in this case.

I get your point, and I get his point as well. I know it's not fashionable anymore, but I think you are both entitled to your own opinions. 

40 minutes ago, newsmike said:

Line of the day. 

Some people will go to hell for their language:

A person I saw was praying "God you're nothing without me"- 

Imagine going to hell because of a grammatical sin is an awful idea. 

Improve your English before it's too late. 

Archived