Jump to content

Impressions dropped after gig price changes


Recommended Posts

Hello! 

 

Im a level 2 seller here and have been doing fantastic over the last 4 years - I have no complaints. 

So because I have over 2000 5 star reviews, I decided to increase my prices. After I changed my prices, my impressions dropped, and I started to get drastically less orders. So I changed my prices again (2 weeks later). 

In 1 day I literally went from 2,000 impressions to 130 impressions. You can see how my impressions did a flat line in the attached image. 

I contacted support asking if they penalized me (even though I didn't get any warnings) and they assured me that I didn't get penalized and just to keep delivering high quality orders. 

It's been 5 weeks now and my impressions still haven't gone back to 2000 views and I'm getting very nervous. 

Has this happened to anyone? Any suggestions to help me get my impressions back?? 

-Arbel 

Screen Shot 2022-03-02 at 10.22.16 PM.png

  • Like 13
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is perfectly normal, when you are on a roll you can risk increasing your prices, and when you do that Fiverr pushes you back, since you have less inquiries and deliveries. 

But I think you are looking in the wrong place. Impressions are just how many people see your gig in search. You want to check Clicks and see how many clicks you get on your gig. If it's significantly less than yes, that's a problem. But as I said, if you end up increasing the overall price, you obviously have less orders and Fiverr will push you back, since others have more orders, more deliveries and they are doing better performance-wise, so they rank higher. Needless to say, that's normal, because you will have less people interested in your gig due to the higher price. That's the risk you take when you increase your gig price.

You won't get the 2k impressions back unless you revert to the older price. And even then due to the price change you did, it might take a while to get the 2k impressions back or you won't get back at all. Nothing is a certainty. But as I said, focus more on clicks rather than impressions.

  • Like 10
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, donnovan86 said:

You won't get the 2k impressions back unless you revert to the older price. And even then due to the price change you did, it might take a while to get the 2k impressions back or you won't get back at all. Nothing is a certainty. But as I said, focus more on clicks rather than impressions.

I have found my impression increased after increasing my prices. 🤔 I was pretty sure increasing price was overall win win for the Fiverr. High price brings more money and Fiverr never runs out of people wanting to work cheaply to fill the "cheap work" gap. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, gongor32 said:

I have found my impression increased after increasing my prices. 

I guess it depends on the category and how many impressions you had. For the OP, he was used to 2000 impressions. But as I said, impressions don't matter. I don't care how many people see my gig and continue browsing (that's what impressions are), what matters are clicks and who sees my gig. Then only a portion of those actually make a purchase. So I don't really understand the reason why people are obsessed with impressions. If it makes them happy.. 🙂

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi Everyone, thanks for the replies! 

So to clarify, I increased my prices and then saw a huge reduction in sales/inquiries, so I lowered my prices back. At that point, my stats took a sharp decline - so after the 2nd price change in less than a month. 

You mentioned clicks are more important and here's a screen shot that shows you how much it went down. I was getting 40-50 clicks a day and now only 1-3 😞 

Any advice??? I'm dying over here!

 

-Arbel 

Screen Shot 2022-03-03 at 8.22.05 PM.png

  • Like 3
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/3/2022 at 4:51 PM, donnovan86 said:

I guess it depends on the category and how many impressions you had. For the OP, he was used to 2000 impressions. But as I said, impressions don't matter. I don't care how many people see my gig and continue browsing (that's what impressions are), what matters are clicks and who sees my gig. Then only a portion of those actually make a purchase. So I don't really understand the reason why people are obsessed with impressions. If it makes them happy.. 🙂

Here is a chart of my clicks. It went from 40-60 clicks a day down to 1-3!!! 😞 

Any idea why this happened and how I can fix it?? 

Thank you!

-Arbel 

Screen Shot 2022-03-03 at 8.22.05 PM.png

  • Like 3
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, arbelkimmick said:

Here is a chart of my clicks. It went from 40-60 clicks a day down to 1-3!!! 😞 

 

Did you have any cancellations, late deliveries or anything like that in the past 2 months?

  • Like 2
  • Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, donnovan86 said:

Did you have any cancellations, late deliveries or anything like that in the past 2 months?

I think I had 1 cancellation and no late deliveries. I am very prompt with my deliveries. They assured me I wasn't penalized, but it dropped literally the day after I changed my prices for the 2nd time. It's been over 5 weeks now and I am struggling! 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, sayedcsee said:

Be Patience, It will take time to recover

I am trying to be patient, but I depend on Fiverr for my income and being this slow for 5 weeks is really starting to affect me and my family 😞 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, arbelkimmick said:

I am trying to be patient, but I depend on Fiverr for my income and being this slow for 5 weeks is really starting to affect me and my family 😞 

A lot of the time the issue comes from those secret reviews people leave after writing the public review. I had situations when I was told by my Success Manager that my buyer satisfaction rate dropped, even if people were leaving only 5 star reviews or no reviews at all. Turns out that those secret reviews matter a lot, and I would assume you got a few bad ones most likely, be it genuine or by mistake.

There's nothing you can do other than delivering your best work from now on. And yes, try to diversify your income and not focus solely on Fiverr. It's sad to see this affecting your family, I can understand because Fiverr banned me (it was just for 2 days basically, due to a buyer's mistake) and I was devastated beyong belief... 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, donnovan86 said:

A lot of the time the issue comes from those secret reviews people leave after writing the public review. I had situations when I was told by my Success Manager that my buyer satisfaction rate dropped, even if people were leaving only 5 star reviews or no reviews at all. Turns out that those secret reviews matter a lot, and I would assume you got a few bad ones most likely, be it genuine or by mistake.

There's nothing you can do other than delivering your best work from now on. And yes, try to diversify your income and not focus solely on Fiverr. It's sad to see this affecting your family, I can understand because Fiverr banned me (it was just for 2 days basically, due to a buyer's mistake) and I was devastated beyong belief... 

Thanks for that. Yea I could handle a couple days, but 5 weeks is really a long time. 

If that is the case (bad reviews) how long do you personally think it could take to bounce back? Rough idea? 

Thanks for taking the time to contribute to my woes, I truly appreciate it! 

-Arbel 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, donnovan86 said:

The reality is that no one knows. It can be weeks, it can be months...

I understand. Thank you again and I will update this topic when my ranking goes back up so others can see a timeline. 

Thanks!

-Arbel 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This happened to me two times, I had 10+ active orders 4 months ago and when I changed the prices then my gig just disappeared from the search. I reverted the prices back but it didn't worked. Then I waited for some time, cleared my active orders and make some changes in gig and decreased the prices bit more. Now my gig is back again.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...