Winning CORRECTLY Buyer Requests

manuelmarino

I read often about "how to reply to buyer requests". And there are posts with lists of tricks, ideas and suggestions. All wrong of course 😄

Honestly, consider two things: you are a professional, or you are not. if you are a professional you have a work experience, skills, recommendations. You have a portfolio with cool stuff that explain your skills and talent.

Portfolio is important because it's your passport. In multimedia you know how to do something or you don't. You don't need academical awards. So the Portfolio is even more important than the resume, and also it's a way to earn trust. You are not selling fake things. You create music, images or other things? If you know how to create and you show it, there's nothing "fake" in this. You have a talent, you show it, and you are paid to use it.

So, WHY ARE YOU FOLLOWING SUGGESTIONS to use "tricks" to win the buyer requests?!?

You have a talent, so just be yourself!

Show your portfolio! Show what you can do!

When replying to Buyer Requests just explain what you can do, your strongest skills, why you are the best candidate.

Ask the customer to read your profile, and to check your GIGs.

In this case, study my previous posts to improve your GIGs:

Tips from a Top Rated Seller - Tip 1 | Tip 2 | Tip 3 | Tip 4 | Tip 5 | Tip 6

• Like 124
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 8

Buyer requests are a race to the bottom.

Fiverr is working on replacing this feature, and the only reason they are not shutting it down at the moment is because right now new fiverr accounts that are not set up correctly can only get orders through BR.

I will start hiding all BR tips threads as I truly think they hold no real value.

Any new sellers would be better off working on their profile to get orders organically than competing with hundreds of sellers over the same request. 

So the only tip re: Buyer requests worth spreading is “stop using it”.

• Like 100
  • Up 7
  • Thanks 1

if you are on Seller Plus you know Buyer Requests are an improved feature. I don't know the future plans for it. At the moment Fiverr is pushing on this, because it's useful both for customers and for sellers. We'll see in the future, but Buyer Requests (at the moment) are useful.

• Like 85
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, manuelmarino said:

if you are on Seller Plus you know Buyer Requests are an improved feature. I don't know the future plans for it. At the moment Fiverr is pushing on this, because it's useful both for customers and for sellers. We'll see in the future, but Buyer Requests (at the moment) are useful.

I am on seller plus, it’s not improved, it just gives you an advantage by allowing you to get them a bit earlier than the general population.

Regardless of the future of the feature, I am not talking about the feature on itself.

BR is a race to the bottom from a business perspective. You are competing with $5 sellers and people who work on the request before money is exchanged.

There is no winning that.

Your post was about “be yourself” and “show your talent”. That’s not applicable advice when a BR gets 90 replies in 30 seconds, and half of them already have the work done in some capacity.

No one is looking for talent in BR. They are looking to get tasks done for $5 or less.

• Like 88
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, manuelmarino said:

well, the difference between me and you is that I see the glass half full 😉 don't worry about all those things. 

The true difference between me and you is that I am looking at the bigger picture.

• Like 70
  • Congrats! 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, manuelmarino said:

well, the difference between me and you is that I see the glass half full 😉 don't worry about all those things. 

Also: do you actively use Buyer Request?

Do you get orders from bidding?

• Like 74
  • Sad 1
  • Congrats! 1

Frank, from my point of view, the mechanism works. Also, you are a veteran seller so you know Fiverr works constantly to improve. I trust 100% their vision. You should as well 🙂 did you talk with all of this with your Success Manager?

• Like 73
  • Sad 1
  • Congrats! 1

6 minutes ago, manuelmarino said:

Frank, from my point of view, the mechanism works. Also, you are a veteran seller so you know Fiverr works constantly to improve. I trust 100% their vision. You should as well 🙂 did you talk with all of this with your Success Manager?

I have discussed things with several executives, I don’t talk about where the platform is heading with my SM.

• Like 74
  • Congrats! 2
  • Up 1

2 minutes ago, manuelmarino said:

I have discussed with executives as well, and also at round tables, but the platform improves month after month. This is what I care 🙂 I think anything is going well.

Round tables? What are you talking about?

I see there’s no point in carrying this conversation.

So keep on doing what you can and I will in turn intervene where moderation is needed.

• Like 74
  • Congrats! 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Buyer requests are a race to the bottom.

Fiverr is working on replacing this feature, and the only reason they are not shutting it down at the moment is because right now new fiverr accounts that are not set up correctly can only get orders through BR.

I will start hiding all BR tips threads as I truly think they hold no real value.

Any new sellers would be better off working on their profile to get orders organically than competing with hundreds of sellers over the same request. 

So the only tip re: Buyer requests worth spreading is “stop using it”.

• Like 48
  • Congrats! 1

On 3/5/2022 at 12:10 PM, nicol_makula said:

It's true! You don't need to have 10+ certificates that "proof" your knowledge. No one gives a sh*t about your name on a piece of paper. 

If you can SHOW them your past work, show them that you are capable - THAT'S what sells!

This makes perfect sense. Show, don't tell. But how is a new seller supposed to show their work if only allowed to show 3 images in a gig listing? I've seen a lot of other listings with over 20 images. Seems biased against new sellers who are at a competitive disadvantage when listing their gigs next to other sellers who are allowed to SHOW a lot more of their work.

Obviously I'm new here. Maybe I'm missing something. I'd love to be clued in.

• Like 45
  • Congrats! 1

• 1 month later...
On 4/27/2022 at 5:07 PM, expatpixelfixer said:

This makes perfect sense. Show, don't tell. But how is a new seller supposed to show their work if only allowed to show 3 images in a gig listing? I've seen a lot of other listings with over 20 images. Seems biased against new sellers who are at a competitive disadvantage when listing their gigs next to other sellers who are allowed to SHOW a lot more of their work.

Obviously I'm new here. Maybe I'm missing something. I'd love to be clued in.

You can start by following ManuelMarino's Tip #1 that he links to in his first message EXCEPT that his profile picture is not actually a good example because it is blurry and shows far too many instruments.  It's only good in the respect that it shows exactly what his business is - music.  He could have done that with far less clutter.  I wrote several articles on just that topic - taking the perfect profile picture and even ghostwrote a book a book that included the subject.  Follow an example more like frank_d's beautiful pic and make yourself look more like a friendly, likeable person to put yourself immediately one step ahead. 

Step 2:  Read everything you can on the forums about promoting your gigs and deliver stunning service to every customer you get.  It takes time but you will move up. After years, I'm only a level 2 seller but I have nothing but five star ratings and I have consistent work - enough to make a living.  Being at the top of the ladder isn't everything.  Sometimes being a tuna fish rather than a shark is enough.  Dolphins kill sharks - but they leave tunas alone.

• Like 43
  • Congrats! 1