Buyer used the word "assignment" for his project. Should i do the project?

kalsoombibi485

I recieved the following message from the buyer:

"Thanks for taking the time to figure this out! I’m getting back from a wedding so I’m sorry I haven’t been to helpful or timely with my responses - but wanted to let you know I plan on giving you the assignment/job and will purchase/pay for your services later tonight or tomorrow"

Should i do the job or will it create issues for my account as the word assignment is used?

• Like 52
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 1

As long as the job is well within what's permitted by Fiverr's ToS, I wouldn't worry.

In case a buyer's message gets flagged by the system for a word like "assignment" or "pay", someone will look into it, and if they find nothing nefarious behind it, all's good. Fiverr doesn't have an interest in creating issues for sellers just because a buyer uses some word or other, unless the context suggests that there's something going on that's against their terms, why would they.

If it's something that could be an assignment in the academic sense, after all, however, you yourself need to make sure whether the job you'd do would be against Fiverr's terms, be it by studying Fiverr's or a third party's terms if any is involved, or by confirming with support, if you're still unsure then. But here it looks like the customer simply used not quite the right word.

• Like 41
  • Sad 1
  • Up 4

You could also check with the buyer. I'm not sure the best wording but you could ask them in the inbox to confirm it's not for any academic work (ie. that it's not something someone's been given to do for college etc.).

• Like 29

14 hours ago, uk1000 said:

You could also check with the buyer. I'm not sure the best wording but you could ask them in the inbox to confirm it's not for any academic work (ie. that it's not something someone's been given to do for college etc.).

The project is about designing a product which students won't need. It is just developing a product similar to one which is already in the market.

• Like 20

16 minutes ago, kalsoombibi485 said:

The project is about designing a product which students won't need. It is just developing a product similar to one which is already in the market.

Okay so I assume asking the buyer probably isn't necessary but you could contact CS about it instead like has been suggested. If the buyer confirmed it wasn't anything to do with academic work that could protect you (in case the Fiverr team checked messages after the word "assignment") but if it's definitely not academic it's probably better to confirm things with CS instead to be safe.

• Like 25

14 hours ago, uk1000 said:

Okay so I assume asking the buyer probably isn't necessary but you could contact CS about it instead like has been suggested. If the buyer confirmed it wasn't anything to do with academic work that could protect you (in case the Fiverr team checked messages after the word "assignment") but if it's definitely not academic it's probably better to confirm things with CS instead to be safe.

The buyer had placed an order. As it was a project from buyer requests and all the things were sorted out before the buyer used that word. Now should i still contact CS?

• Like 17

3 hours ago, kalsoombibi485 said:

The buyer had placed an order. As it was a project from buyer requests and all the things were sorted out before the buyer used that word. Now should i still contact CS?

It might be safer to, but it's up to you. I'd discuss it with CS if you can then there might be less chance of Fiverr later assuming that the delivery was academic work (if you explain it to them).

• Like 20

13 hours ago, uk1000 said:

It might be safer to, but it's up to you. I'd discuss it with CS if you can then there might be less chance of Fiverr later assuming that the delivery was academic work (if you explain it to them).

The buyer wrote "assignment/job" clearly explaining that he mean job or task.

Edited by kalsoombibi485
  • Like 18

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/1/2022 at 10:58 PM, kalsoombibi485 said:

I recieved the following message from the buyer:

"Thanks for taking the time to figure this out! I’m getting back from a wedding so I’m sorry I haven’t been to helpful or timely with my responses - but wanted to let you know I plan on giving you the assignment/job and will purchase/pay for your services later tonight or tomorrow"

Should i do the job or will it create issues for my account as the word assignment is used?

I think the respected buyer is okay here. He is a wise person and committed to his stakeholders. So, you should proceed on with him.

• Like 5