Character Design 100% ownership?

mattvgreen

Hi Fiverr,

I have recently made a transaction with someone to create me a cartoon character, once the work is completed and paid for, does 100% ownership of that character get transferred to me the buyer. Allowing me to do whatever i want with this character? eg's Producing the cartoon character into a physical product and selling it as a toy or game, using this character in games, or tv/youtube videos? Full commercial use?

• Like 7

I believe Fiverr TOS are there to help and support you. It is however well supported if you as a buyer comes to an understanding with seller. But again I believe that if your seller has provided you the assurance you can rely on that as well as Fiverr.

• Like 1

On 3/1/2022 at 5:48 AM, mattvgreen said:

Hi Fiverr,

I have recently made a transaction with someone to create me a cartoon character, once the work is completed and paid for, does 100% ownership of that character get transferred to me the buyer. Allowing me to do whatever i want with this character? eg's Producing the cartoon character into a physical product and selling it as a toy or game, using this character in games, or tv/youtube videos? Full commercial use?

It is however well supported if you as a buyer come to an understanding with the seller. But if your seller has provided you the assurance you can rely on that as well as Fiverr. You need to talk about that with your seller because it depends on what he indicated in his gig, description, or gig. 

Thank you Rasikul

• Like 2