These are charities / organizations you can support that are helping Ukraine (non-lethal aid)

williambryan392

I stole this from Reddit but seems to me to be credible (do your own research). 

Sorry for the formatting. I'm not great with this stuff.

Charities that help the war effort

• Save Life: This NGO crowdfunds non-lethal military equipment, such as thermal vision scopes & supplies it to the Donbas front lines. It also provides training for Ukrainian soldiers, as well as researching troops’ needs and social reintegration of veterans.

• Donbas SOS: This organization helps those who live in the Donbas war zone, those who relocated to other parts of Ukraine, and freed prisoners of war. It offers legal support, accommodation assistance, and psychological aid among other things.

• Crimea SOS: This organization has been helping internally displaced people from Crimea since Russia occupied the peninsula in 2014. It documents Russian authorities' repressions against Crimeans and advocates for the end of the occupation.

• Hospitallers : This is a medical battalion that unites volunteer paramedics and doctors to save the lives of soldiers on the frontline. They crowdfund their vehicle repairs, fuel, and medical equipment.

Charities that help children

• Tabletochki: This foundation has been supporting children with cancer for 10 years. They procure medicines, equipment, and arrange overseas treatment, among other things.

• ChildrenWeWillMakeIt: This movement grew out of a campaign that raised $2 million to get the world's most expensive medicine for a Ukrainian boy with spinal muscular atrophy. It now fundraises for the treatment of other Ukrainian children with SMA.

• Ruka ob Ruku: This is a running club for children with disabilities. The initiative gives children an opportunity to train and take part in races together with their parents and volunteers.

Charities for the elderly

• Happy Old: This charity provides older people across Ukraine with groceries and medicine, holds educational, entertainment, and sports events, as well as helps with employment. They even created a modeling agency for the elderly.

• Let's Help: This charity cares for older people living alone and helps state retirement homes. They also advocate for better treatment of older people by the state, including providing people aged 60+ with easy access to education.

• Starenki: It’s a charitable initiative devoted to issues of old age in Ukraine. They help lonely seniors by providing them with groceries and hygiene products.

Charities that help women

• Women Perspectives: This organization has been helping women who have faced domestic violence, discrimination in the labor market, and other issues. The NGO works with local and state authorities to promote pro-equality gender policies in Ukraine.

• Marsh Zhinok (Women’s March): Every year, on March 8, this initiative holds a rally promoting gender equality and the protection of women from gender-based violence. Currently, the organization is petitioning for Ukraine to adopt the Istanbul Convention.

Charities for blood donation

• Blood Agents: It is an NGO that promotes regular, conscious and gratuitous blood donations. They have encouraged people to donate blood over 5,000 times over the past six years.

• Donor UA: It is an automated system for recruiting and managing blood donors, designed to promote the donor movement in Ukraine. You can help by signing up and donating blood or by supporting the project with money donation.

Charities for animals

• Sirius: Is the largest shelter for stray animals in Ukraine established in 2000. Its capacity is over 3,000 animals. The institution crowdfunds for animal feed, veterinary drugs, construction and repair of enclosures, and other needs.

• Happy Paw: Is a charity dedicated to solving the problems of homeless animals in Ukraine. The charity helps owners find lost animals, sterilizes domestic animals of people in need & holds lectures on humane treatment of homeless animals for schoolchildren.

• UAnimals: Is a movement for protecting animals from exploitation & abuse. The organization managed to achieve a ban on animal circuses & persuaded many designers participating in Ukrainian Fashion Week to abandon natural fur.

Charities for the environment

• Ukraine Without Waste: It is a Ukrainian non-profit promoting the practice of sorting household waste. They educate companies on how to go green at their offices, and hold lectures for the wider public.

• Laska: It’s a chain of two charity stores in Kyiv that promote conscious shopping. They accept donated clothes, resell 15% of them, and send the rest to orphanages, homes for the elderly and centers for people with disabilities.

Charities for the homeless

• Help the homeless: This initiative supports homeless people & the elderly in need, by providing them with free meals, medicine, hygiene products, clothes & shoes. Launched by a group of volunteers in 2016, the organization has been relying on crowdfunding.

• Suka Zhizn: This organization grew big from a 2017 Instagram account launched to tell stories of homeless people. Now volunteers provide various support to the homeless: employment, sorting out documents, searching for relatives & legal counseling.

Charities for investigative journalism

• Slidstvo: Is an independent agency launched in 2012 that produces award-winning documentaries exposing corruption. They have investigated mismanagement of prisons, fraud, money laundering at PrivatBank & the assassination of journalist Sheremet.

• UKRPravda News: Founded in 2000 by Gongadze, a prominent journalist who was killed the same year, this publication is among the most influential in Ukraine. The reporters break political scoops and unmask officials who abuse their power.

• Zaborona Media: This is an independent media outlet founded by journalists. They investigate topics such as violations of Ukrainian workers’ rights in the Middle East, arms trafficking, and corruption in the construction sector.

Charities that preserve Ukrainian cultural heritage

• Parkhomivka Museum: The museum, located in a small village in eastern Kharkiv Oblast, is an 18th-century villa that offers a permanent collection of exhibits by artists as iconic as Picasso, Malevich & Manet. You can support it by coming & buying a ticket.

• Save Kyiv Modernism: Is a movement that unites architects, designers and activists who advocate for the protection of the remarkable Soviet modernist structures across Ukraine.

• FrankivskToCareAbout: Is a movement for the preservation of architectural heritage in the western city of Ivano-Frankivsk. Founded in 2016, the initiative renovates old wooden doors of the city's ancient buildings.

Charities helping with covid

• Svoyi: Svoyi gives free oxygen concentrators to people who contracted COVID & can’t be hospitalized due to personal circumstances or when hospitals are overflowing. It also helps those discharged too early in favour of patients in more serious conditions.

• Monsters, Inc.: This organization is based in Odesa and provides emergency medical aid to people living in the region. They also help COVID hospitals, procuring medicines and equipment.

• williambryan392 changed the title to These are charities / organizations you can support that are helping Ukraine (non-lethal aid)
On 2/27/2022 at 3:02 AM, williambryan392 said:

I stole this from Reddit but seems to me to be credible (do your own research). 

Sorry for the formatting. I'm not great with this stuff.

Charities that help the war effort

• Save Life: This NGO crowdfunds non-lethal military equipment, such as thermal vision scopes & supplies it to the Donbas front lines. It also provides training for Ukrainian soldiers, as well as researching troops’ needs and social reintegration of veterans.

• Donbas SOS: This organization helps those who live in the Donbas war zone, those who relocated to other parts of Ukraine, and freed prisoners of war. It offers legal support, accommodation assistance, and psychological aid among other things.

• Crimea SOS: This organization has been helping internally displaced people from Crimea since Russia occupied the peninsula in 2014. It documents Russian authorities' repressions against Crimeans and advocates for the end of the occupation.

• Hospitallers : This is a medical battalion that unites volunteer paramedics and doctors to save the lives of soldiers on the frontline. They crowdfund their vehicle repairs, fuel, and medical equipment.

Charities that help children

• Tabletochki: This foundation has been supporting children with cancer for 10 years. They procure medicines, equipment, and arrange overseas treatment, among other things.

• ChildrenWeWillMakeIt: This movement grew out of a campaign that raised $2 million to get the world's most expensive medicine for a Ukrainian boy with spinal muscular atrophy. It now fundraises for the treatment of other Ukrainian children with SMA.

• Ruka ob Ruku: This is a running club for children with disabilities. The initiative gives children an opportunity to train and take part in races together with their parents and volunteers.

Charities for the elderly

• Happy Old: This charity provides older people across Ukraine with groceries and medicine, holds educational, entertainment, and sports events, as well as helps with employment. They even created a modeling agency for the elderly.

• Let's Help: This charity cares for older people living alone and helps state retirement homes. They also advocate for better treatment of older people by the state, including providing people aged 60+ with easy access to education.

• Starenki: It’s a charitable initiative devoted to issues of old age in Ukraine. They help lonely seniors by providing them with groceries and hygiene products.

Charities that help women

• Women Perspectives: This organization has been helping women who have faced domestic violence, discrimination in the labor market, and other issues. The NGO works with local and state authorities to promote pro-equality gender policies in Ukraine.

• Marsh Zhinok (Women’s March): Every year, on March 8, this initiative holds a rally promoting gender equality and the protection of women from gender-based violence. Currently, the organization is petitioning for Ukraine to adopt the Istanbul Convention.

Charities for blood donation

• Blood Agents: It is an NGO that promotes regular, conscious and gratuitous blood donations. They have encouraged people to donate blood over 5,000 times over the past six years.

• Donor UA: It is an automated system for recruiting and managing blood donors, designed to promote the donor movement in Ukraine. You can help by signing up and donating blood or by supporting the project with money donation.

Charities for animals

• Sirius: Is the largest shelter for stray animals in Ukraine established in 2000. Its capacity is over 3,000 animals. The institution crowdfunds for animal feed, veterinary drugs, construction and repair of enclosures, and other needs.

• Happy Paw: Is a charity dedicated to solving the problems of homeless animals in Ukraine. The charity helps owners find lost animals, sterilizes domestic animals of people in need & holds lectures on humane treatment of homeless animals for schoolchildren.

• UAnimals: Is a movement for protecting animals from exploitation & abuse. The organization managed to achieve a ban on animal circuses & persuaded many designers participating in Ukrainian Fashion Week to abandon natural fur.

Charities for the environment

• Ukraine Without Waste: It is a Ukrainian non-profit promoting the practice of sorting household waste. They educate companies on how to go green at their offices, and hold lectures for the wider public.

• Laska: It’s a chain of two charity stores in Kyiv that promote conscious shopping. They accept donated clothes, resell 15% of them, and send the rest to orphanages, homes for the elderly and centers for people with disabilities.

Charities for the homeless

• Help the homeless: This initiative supports homeless people & the elderly in need, by providing them with free meals, medicine, hygiene products, clothes & shoes. Launched by a group of volunteers in 2016, the organization has been relying on crowdfunding.

• Suka Zhizn: This organization grew big from a 2017 Instagram account launched to tell stories of homeless people. Now volunteers provide various support to the homeless: employment, sorting out documents, searching for relatives & legal counseling.

Charities for investigative journalism

• Slidstvo: Is an independent agency launched in 2012 that produces award-winning documentaries exposing corruption. They have investigated mismanagement of prisons, fraud, money laundering at PrivatBank & the assassination of journalist Sheremet.

• UKRPravda News: Founded in 2000 by Gongadze, a prominent journalist who was killed the same year, this publication is among the most influential in Ukraine. The reporters break political scoops and unmask officials who abuse their power.

• Zaborona Media: This is an independent media outlet founded by journalists. They investigate topics such as violations of Ukrainian workers’ rights in the Middle East, arms trafficking, and corruption in the construction sector.

Charities that preserve Ukrainian cultural heritage

• Parkhomivka Museum: The museum, located in a small village in eastern Kharkiv Oblast, is an 18th-century villa that offers a permanent collection of exhibits by artists as iconic as Picasso, Malevich & Manet. You can support it by coming & buying a ticket.

• Save Kyiv Modernism: Is a movement that unites architects, designers and activists who advocate for the protection of the remarkable Soviet modernist structures across Ukraine.

• FrankivskToCareAbout: Is a movement for the preservation of architectural heritage in the western city of Ivano-Frankivsk. Founded in 2016, the initiative renovates old wooden doors of the city's ancient buildings.

Charities helping with covid

• Svoyi: Svoyi gives free oxygen concentrators to people who contracted COVID & can’t be hospitalized due to personal circumstances or when hospitals are overflowing. It also helps those discharged too early in favour of patients in more serious conditions.

• Monsters, Inc.: This organization is based in Odesa and provides emergency medical aid to people living in the region. They also help COVID hospitals, procuring medicines and equipment.

Thanks for this fantastic post!

I am personally helping Translators Without Borders, they are in need of interpreters and translators for Ukraine right now.
Almost all citizens from Spain have been repatriated already, but I am sure they need help with other language pairs.

🕊️💚

8 hours ago, spaintranslator said:

My pleasure but credit is due to the reddit OP that originally compiled and shared the info. I did include their reddit user name to give credit but the post was moderated. I'm not blaming the moderation. Rules are rules 🙂. I just don't want anyone to think I didn't give credit where it was due.

My pleasure but credit is due to the reddit OP that originally compiled and shared the info. I did include their reddit user name to give credit but the post was moderated. I'm not blaming the moderation. Rules are rules 🙂. I just don't want anyone to think I didn't give credit where it was due.

am personally helping Translators Without Borders

Nice work! It's great to help where you can!

55 minutes ago, spaintranslator said:

Thank you. How are you??

I'm officially a war refugee. Stuck next to the Polish border with some family members who need some serious convincing to cross. I have a backpack and 2 cats to my name. Most of my family is in Kyiv and I never know if I hear from them in the morning. The road I took to flee is now completely destroyed. I mean, I'd make a joke but it's a disaster movie at this point. 

Thank you, I appreciate you asking. Quite a few regular buyers have reached out to ask me how I was doing as well. Warmed my heart. 

I’m glad you’ve got your cats and a chance to get out. I wanted to ask how you were doing but feared it may be insensitive/seem like a silly question. I don’t think I’ve ever seen the world so united in support for one country and it’s people. Even if that support isn’t going far enough. I have a Ukrainian friend who volunteered to fight in Kyiv and his mum has been making molotovs apparently. He’s a social media marketer. I just can’t believe it’s come to this. It’s mad.

If you don’t mind me asking, what is the dilemma re crossing the border if you’ve made it that far? Is it principle that they don’t want to leave the country? Or do they just happen to live near the border and that’s where you’ve gone? Or..?

Obviously you don’t need to answer and I’m sorry if you think I’m prying. I rarely trust the media so it’s good to hear from a real person seeing the real situation. Stay safe and strong!

15 minutes ago, williambryan392 said:

I don’t think I’ve ever seen the world so united in support for one country and it’s people.

It is interesting to watch this "popular" war, with 100% support from the public and 1 single, synchronized narrative from the media all using the same exact talking points, while there have been dozens of wars raging for years and many others actually happening right now that no one seems to give a flip about.

1 hour ago, williambryan392 said:

I’m glad you’ve got your cats and a chance to get out. I wanted to ask how you were doing but feared it may be insensitive/seem like a silly question. I don’t think I’ve ever seen the world so united in support for one country and it’s people. Even if that support isn’t going far enough. I have a Ukrainian friend who volunteered to fight in Kyiv and his mum has been making molotovs apparently. He’s a social media marketer. I just can’t believe it’s come to this. It’s mad.

If you don’t mind me asking, what is the dilemma re crossing the border if you’ve made it that far? Is it principle that they don’t want to leave the country? Or do they just happen to live near the border and that’s where you’ve gone? Or..?

Obviously you don’t need to answer and I’m sorry if you think I’m prying. I rarely trust the media so it’s good to hear from a real person seeing the real situation. Stay safe and strong!

Older family members don't want to leave their home and hope to wait it out. Younger one wants to be closer to her partner as men are not allowed to leave. Everyone's hysterical, no-one's been sleeping so no one's making their best decisions right now. Moving as far away as possible without leaving the country sounded like a good compromise. But it's assuming that invasion doesn't go all the way. We get sirens here 1-2 times a day still. 

4 hours ago, lenasemenkova said:

Older family members don't want to leave their home and hope to wait it out. Younger one wants to be closer to her partner as men are not allowed to leave. Everyone's hysterical, no-one's been sleeping so no one's making their best decisions right now. Moving as far away as possible without leaving the country sounded like a good compromise. But it's assuming that invasion doesn't go all the way. We get sirens here 1-2 times a day still. 

Please keep us updated, Good to have 1 non fake news source. 

9 hours ago, williambryan392 said:

I don’t think I’ve ever seen the world so united in support for one country and it’s people.

I agree and all I can say is I don't know what the duck political leaders are doing. I feel like America SHOULD have stepped in by now and as an Indian, I genuinely believe India should've sent over at least SOME of its troops.

On 3/1/2022 at 1:14 PM, lenasemenkova said:

I'm officially a war refugee. Stuck next to the Polish border with some family members who need some serious convincing to cross. I have a backpack and 2 cats to my name. Most of my family is in Kyiv and I never know if I hear from them in the morning. The road I took to flee is now completely destroyed. I mean, I'd make a joke but it's a disaster movie at this point. 

Thank you, I appreciate you asking. Quite a few regular buyers have reached out to ask me how I was doing as well. Warmed my heart. 

It is impossible to even imagine what you must be going through. Be strong. Sending lots of love to all the Ukranian community.

Archived