Your Fiverr Gig was removed

ahmedfarrag93

Hello. I had a gaming Gig whereas I would level up a user's account so I basically play on their account instead of them doing the work. Everything was going well for over a year and I suddenlt received this yesterday: "We had to remove your Gig as the service you are offering is prohibited by our Community Standards. This decision was made after careful consideration and cannot be undone. For more information please read our Prohibited Services policy in Fiverr’s Community Standards." I checked the Community Standards and nothing related to my Gig violating the standards was found.

I contacted the support as I have never had a warning on this Gig and it was even eligible in Promoted Gigs and I got this reply: "Hello there,

I understand how this gig is important to you. I will explain the situation right away to you.

We had to remove your Gig as the service you are offering is prohibited by our Community Standards. This decision was made after careful consideration and cannot be undone. 

As you likely know, Fiverr is a continually evolving marketplace that undergoes constant changes in order to meet the ever-changing demands of our community members. With the constant changes and improvements that we bring overtime to our platform, this kind of offer is no longer in focus when it comes to the services we display on our website, therefore, the Gig was denied.

For more information please read our Fiverr’s Community Standards.

I hope you understand.

If you have further questions, please let me know."

I am really confused and not sure what's going on here. Could someone elaborate? And has someone ever had their Gig removed and got it back?

19 minutes ago, ahmedfarrag93 said:

I had a gaming Gig whereas I would level up a user's account so I basically play on their account instead of them doing the work

😬

Giving a complete stranger access to ones gaming account is just begging for trouble. People can hold the account for ransom, outright steal the account, or report the account and have it terminated. It's quite obvious as to why Fiverr would ban such a service.

I believe what (one of) the reason(s) for your Gig removal could Fiverr's following policy: 

"Services that infringe third parties’ terms of service: We do not allow the infringement of third parties’ terms of service on Fiverr."

Also, the fact that you already had this Gig a year doesn't mean it was okay to have. It just means Fiverr only now found out your Gig and took the appropriate actions against it.

29 minutes ago, ahmedfarrag93 said:

I would level up a user's account so I basically play on their account instead of them doing the work.

I believe that @sabinespoemsis right and that your gig was removed for violating the third party's terms of service. Games typically don't allow what you were doing; players are not allowed to give their login credentials to anyone else, let alone allow them to level up instead of them. Players who hire someone to do what you did often get banned from the game.

Archived