delivered several online lessons - then buyer disappeared

accentfirst

Hello all,

The buyer ordered a 5-lesson package from me. I delivered a few of them, but then they became unresponsive and the deadline is coming up.

I tried to extend the deadline but they didn't respond to that either.

What are my options here? If I cancel the order will the buyer get the full refund?

Edited by accentfirst
  • Like 1

Unless you created a Milestone order, then yes, a cancelation will refund the buyer for the whole order.

https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360010560178-Working-with-Milestones?segment=seller
https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360010452537-Cancelations

As for what you can do, not much. You're in a tricky situation, as, if the order goes more than one day late, a Buyer can cancel the order without you. 

https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360010108157-What-does-my-order-status-mean (See 'Late And Very Late' section, at end of page)

About the only thing that might work is contacting Fiverr Customer Support and asking that they reach out to the Buyer for you. Even so, this might not work.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, imagination7413 said:

Unless you created a Milestone order, then yes, a cancelation will refund the buyer for the whole order

Thank you for the clear and informative answer, but frankly this is terrifying. I have 10 active orders right now - what's to stop all of them from simply disappearing after I've delivered most of the lessons? Then both Fiverr and me have lost income, and the buyer gets free work.

I guess I will have to stop offering multi-lesson packages, or offer them in custom gigs with milestones. Or offer subscriptions.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, accentfirst said:

I have 10 active orders right now

Oh, this is new information. My understanding was that ALL the lessons were a part of ONE order. If each lesson is it's own order, then why haven't you delivered on the orders that are already complete?

https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360010639437-Delivering-an-order

have to stop offering multi-lesson packages

So... it is all in one order??? I'm confused now.

or offer them in custom gigs with milestones

According to that link to the Fiverr Help Center article on Milestones that I put in my previous post, Milestone orders can be built into a gig. (Granted, the help pages have been seeing a lot of updates lately, and there's rumors here on the Forums about a major Fiverr update soon, so maybe that feature isn't an option just yet. I have not checked this myself yet, since I only recently noticed the change in the article.

Subscriptions are an option, yes, though they're pretty new. Not much is known yet about how they work or how well they work, so I don't have any advice I can offer on that front.

• Like 2

If the ten lessons are all in one order without milestones, and the buyer did not give you all the necessary information for the full delivery, I would suggest going to the Resolution Center on the order page and requesting more time. There is a selection that says something about the buyer not giving full information.

In the future, however, if you do have a multi-part order, it is a good idea to use Milestones or make separate orders for each part. It is against the rules to only make a partial delivery.

5 hours ago, imagination7413 said:
10 hours ago, accentfirst said:

I have 10 active orders right now

Oh, this is new information. My understanding was that ALL the lessons were a part of ONE order. If each lesson is it's own order, then why haven't you delivered on the orders that are already complete?

I have 10 active orders. Each order contains a 5-lesson package that I am delivering to different buyers.

What I was referring to was a hypothetical: what if every single one of those buyers (each of whom has ordered a multi-lesson package) suddenly decides to disappear after I give them 4 lessons? I'm SOL and they get four free lessons without paying a dime.

Edited by accentfirst
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, imagination7413 said:

According to that link to the Fiverr Help Center article on Milestones that I put in my previous post, Milestone orders can be built into a gig.

I can't build Milestones into my gig. According to the link you posted:

Note: Only Gigs (with a basic package over 100$) in the following subcategories can add milestones to their Gigs: 3D Product Animation; Business Plans; Producers & Composers; Desktop Applications; and Social Media Marketing.

Can't do it with lessons apparently.

16 minutes ago, accentfirst said:

Note: Only Gigs (with a basic package over 100$) in the following subcategories can add milestones to their Gigs: 3D Product Animation; Business Plans; Producers & Composers; Desktop Applications; and Social Media Marketing.

I do believe you can still create a custom offer using Milestones. I do frequently, and I don't sell in one of those sub-categories. Perhaps a solution for the future.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, accentfirst said:

What I was referring to was a hypothetical

Got it. The wording confused me.

Glanced at your profile. (I probably should have done that way sooner.) You have 37 five-star reviews, so I'm going to guess those all went well. This current order is the odd-one-out so far. How many of your orders have been for the basic $5 price?

I know it doesn't help with your current orders, but maybe consider making a second gig, one for the 3-minute video test/consultation? Then reorganize this current gig to be for the $30 lessons (not packaged or bundled, just one service). To be sure I'm clear, I'm not saying "go do this", but just offering something for your consideration.

It is odd that lesson-services can't offer Milestones.

• Like 2