Copyright agreement

alevecchi

Hello community!

I'll be asking an artist for some designs that I'll be using on a brand material.

As I want to be sure that the created materials will not be used besides my brand, do you have some tip or template regarding copyright agreement?

I hope to have made my question clear.

Thank you so much

Welcome to the Fiverr forums. (Your question was probably unanswered so far because it was posted in the wrong category.)

On 2/21/2022 at 4:19 PM, alevecchi said:

As I want to be sure that the created materials will not be used besides my brand

Firstly, there is no way to really be absolutely sure that a design stay with you/your brand. Especially if you hire a stranger on the internet.

You can mitigate the risk by working with people (on or off of Fiverr) with good reputations. It's harder to check this online, but most true professionals have presences on multiple platforms.

On 2/21/2022 at 4:19 PM, alevecchi said:

do you have some tip or template regarding copyright agreement?

Fiverr has a copyright agreement built into it's ToS. See the Ownership section, towards the bottom, for the full terms, but here's a copy/paste for quick reference:

Ownership
Ownership and limitations: When purchasing a Gig on Fiverr, unless clearly stated otherwise on the Seller's Gig page/description, when the work is delivered, and subject to payment, the Buyer is granted all intellectual property rights, including but not limited to, copyright in the work delivered from the Seller, and the Seller waives any and all moral rights therein. Accordingly, the Seller expressly assigns to the Buyer the copyright in the delivered work. All transfer and assignment of intellectual property to the Buyer shall be subject to full payment for the Gig, and the delivery may not be used if payment is cancelled for any reason. For removal of doubt, in custom created work (such as art work, design work, report generation etc.), the delivered work and its copyright shall be the exclusive property of the Buyer and, upon delivery, the Seller agrees that it thereby, pursuant to these Terms of Service, assigns all right, title and interest in and to the delivered work to the Buyer. Some Gigs (including for custom created work) charge additional payments (through Gig Extras) for a Commercial Use License. This means that if you purchase the Gig for personal use, you will own all rights you require for such use, and will not need the Commercial Use License. If you intend to use it for any charge or other consideration, or for any purpose that is directly or indirectly in connection with any business, or other undertaking intended for profit, you will need to buy the Commercial Use License through a Gig Extra and will have broader rights that cover your business use.

Archived