Cautious : we are currently having a fiverr virus attack !!!!!

@lenasemenkova. @mariashtelle1   @raghnalltuathai  @frank_d  @imagination7413
please spread this message urgently!!!

im a lvl2 seller, my first ever virus encounter 
I got a message from a business selected buyer yesterday night (see attached) . He , also the victim( should be ), auto spam me with the meta file with a SCR virus file.

Even though I didn’t extract the rar file . My account is still get hacked!! 
today I woke up and saw the hacker had spam ALL MY CLIENTS with the same LINK, and impersonating me to ask them to open and check for a video.

NOW , that hacker can access my balance and spend $300 on a random gig 

had contact fiverr support now , this is going to be a serious issue.

1AE9045F-8793-4A74-938F-31D0AE9FCA79.png

4F671A4C-1DA5-4C46-9301-508F3DEAA69E.png

7FE9D1F6-8BCD-4E60-B520-04C0B4EBDC46.png

A3219C4F-59F1-40E3-9CAF-18001156DEF1.png

48793FB9-9EE0-484A-99A2-5B6AA33E1C0A.png

9C71ECA3-D8FB-44DD-A696-6E0273887C83.png

3C1C3BB7-0B68-4E2A-911E-8B7F66B47D18.png

Edited by ze_blender3d
  • Like 10
  • Sad 15

• ze_blender3d changed the title to Cautious : we are currently having a fiverr virus attack !!!!!
13 minutes ago, visualstudios said:

This doesn't sound possible.

Believe me or not , that’s possible. I downloaded the rar file , even thought I didn’t run the SCR program. The hacker seem to able to hack to my account.

there is a new login somewhere in UK while I’m in SINGAPORE.

and that hacker had used all my balance to a order that the account is just created this month, with the gif description “qqqq” 

just spread the words, thanks.

• Like 15
  • Sad 2

I received the same link but i ignored it, i never open zip or rar files, if it has a password it is a strong sign of being a virus

However my account was restricted too even when the hacker had no access to my account, i guess this is because of the security issue they are going trough

• Like 16

2 hours ago, kickgom said:

I received the same link but i ignored it, i never open zip or rar files, if it has a password it is a strong sign of being a virus

I did the same, but i think fiverr have disabale all accounts who have recieved this message

• Like 13

37 minutes ago, raghnalltuathai said:

Seems like this one is even bigger and affected a lot of sellers.

Yes, the scammer had become more creative. I was contacted by a business selected profile which himself is also a victim of this hacking.

I trust the profile and download the rar file from the meta he send me.

after I downloaded, I deleted straight away after sawing the file is SCR . 

the next day, my account is compromised and the hacker also spam all the client the same exact thing while I’m asleep.

most likely my clients will download the link because they trust or work with me before. And that’s how the virus spread 

Edited by ze_blender3d
  • Like 14
  • Sad 6

5 hours ago, ze_blender3d said:

after I downloaded, I deleted straight away after sawing the file is SCR . 

5 hours ago, aarontgladiator said:

It doesn't matter if he runs it or not, he already downloaded it. You don't have to open a virus for it to hack your system. 

This is not true for a .scr file. You have to run it. Maybe if you're using windows 95... If you're using any OS with sandboxing (so, Mac Os, Linux and I'm pretty sure versions of windows with UAC, which was introduced in Vista), you need to explicitly run the app at admin level so it can do any changes to your system.

I can download stuff all day long, as long as I don't run it it will do nothing. Just like I can go to any phishing website, as long as I don't put my credentials there, it will do nothing. 

Edited by visualstudios
  • Like 14
  • Up 3

11 hours ago, visualstudios said:

This is not true for a .scr file. You have to run it.

Yep, very very strange. I had read on Reddit that some SCR or some file can auto execute after you download it.

it’s either the SCR file auto run it, or there is a fiverr security Breach and hacker is able to have my account and use it to spam the rest with the same virus file 

• Like 16

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm not persuaded Fiverr is entirely aware of its existing security vulnerabilities. Fiverr has never committed sufficient resources to enhance its security, which is why this hack will persist and only become worse.

This disaster, caused by Fiverr's security supervision, resulted in significant setbacks for multiple people, including myself, because Fiverr would rather blame the customer than have a security team that actually does its job.

Please, Fiverr, make a concerted effort to grasp the current situation. Indeed, two sellers forwarded me the link and they have NEVER clicked on this virus link. Without a doubt, a breach occurred on fiverr.com. The primary reason for the continuing security issue is that Fiverr would rather blame the clients than take responsibility.

• Like 7

On 3/23/2022 at 7:37 AM, cybercube said:

How hacker enter to fiverr account without getting that verification OTP sms? 

My account has sent the virus link, and it detected 0 visits from an alternate IP address. Also, my computer has no virus, I have done a virus scan. This is a security breach on fiverr.com. Other sellers who have never clicked or been made aware of the link are sending it to all of their buyers.

This has reached the point where, if Fiverr does not take swift action against this hack, a large number of additional people will spread the virus, and no one will trust Fiverr.

• Like 6