Is there a spam button?

fromamazon

Question

Hi

I note that on the FAQ section, it states that we need to mark spam messages within 24 hours. However I'm unable mark spam, neither see any button to report.

How do I block the user from sending further spam, please?

Would you help me find these features with the help of screenshots, please.

Many thanks in advance

12 answers to this question

56 minutes ago, ibrahimti said:

hope the pic says it all?

Screenshot_20220217-232240.png

I am so sorry I simply cannot see any of this. Perhaps you use a phone. I use my laptop. I cannot see any of these features. I can merely see a big wide message box and  a name on the side, brings up this message box. There are no spam  or report buttons.

52 minutes ago, nikandco said:

If you hover over the sender’s name, it should show the options I sent you.  You need to be on a computer (not a phone). 

Thank you. Which part of the name please. I tried all three seen on this screenshot. None worked. And yes I am using only a laptop. Not a phone.

This is slightly worrying because it would show that I don't respond on time. I would have liked someone to help me find the spam or report button. I asked support team for assistance. They just repeat what is said on the FAQs and I am unable to spot the buttons. I have done everything, hovered all the names, looked up messages from various pages. I can confidently say that I cannot see a button. May be if someone could replicate it and show a full screenshot of which page I am supposed to be looking at, may make sense

By the way I am on the seller page. Not buyer page. And this message is asking me to make some offer and I don't understand why he is soliciting such offers when I never asked him to!

Screenshot 2022-02-18 at 02-58-02 Fiverr Inbox.png

12 hours ago, fromamazon said:

Thank you. Which part of the name please. I tried all three seen on this screenshot. None worked. And yes I am using only a laptop. Not a phone.

Please watch this little video I made you (I blacked out the name to protect my client's privacy). I think you are hovering over the wrong name. If this doesn't work, then I will have to defer you back to Customer Support.

On 2/18/2022 at 1:47 AM, imagination7413 said:

Clarification:

Hover over the message, the Report and Spam will show next to the line that contains the username. (In your screenshot, you would need to scroll up to make the username visible in the middle message area.) Report the message, and the option to also block the user should also come up. 

Thanks for this. I don't know how I missed your response. I think "the middle message area" was the important part in clarifying because if you look at my screenshot there were about three usernames around. I finally figured it out myself. Many thanks for everyone's help.

Archived