Fiverr Business - The New User Profiles

newsmike

This morning I was fortunate to get invited to a Zoom call with Tel Aviv to take a tour of the (yet to be rolled out) new user experience that Fiverr Business members/buyers will see.  It looks nothing like the current Fiverr main site.  Super clean, really slick and focused on promoting successful sellers in the verticals that will be visible to Fiverr Business members. It is clear that they are breaking away from the old look, feel and experience.  Very cool stuff ahead.

30 minutes ago, gina_riley2 said:

Will the new platform segregate the meksellers from the professionals?

Will they be moving the professionals and keep others here?

Will the new platform be a pay site or free entry like the current one?

Of course, I tried to get as much algorithm info as possible, but they were not divulging any of that, and I understand why.  I did ask if there were level requirements, such as PRO/TRS/L2, etc... and they said that they were looking for success.  In fact they did say that some TRS would not make it, while some L2 would indeed, which suggests a reliance on private feedback and consistent excellence. The takeaway is that the are not concerned with your level as much as they are with the quality of your reviews, and your profitability, which is great. I don't think they will be moving anyone, just spotlighting the more professional and successful sellers on the Business site, so meksells would be excluded clearly. There was no discussion of a pay to play fee, so I really doubt it.  I think it is just a way to segregate and promote only the sellers that they are confident will make a great impression on the Business buyers. Seems like a great way for many people to up their game based on current performance.

That's great for all you the pros and I wish nothing but the best for all those who get there. Also it would be nice if fiverr could take some actions to improve the experience for all of us in the "normal" site, things like eradicate fake/trolls accounts and their constant scammig requests. I think some filters should be applied.

7 hours ago, newsmike said:

I did ask if there were level requirements, such as PRO/TRS/L2, etc... and they said that they were looking for success.  In fact they did say that some TRS would not make it, while some L2 would indeed,

It would be weird and not make much sense to link it (just) to a certain seller level ("level" as in "badge"), in any case, as there already are "business buyers" who happily work with sellers of different levels.

Hey @newsmike I had that call yesterday as well and I feel like it’s a step in the right direction for sure, but there are definitely some issues.

I don’t feel confident that the criteria for sellers participating in this format are as strict as they can be.

Same goes for the buyer’s side of things. For me personally fiverr business clients are a mixed bag, ranging from teenagers and hustlers to actual legitimate businesses who know what they are doing.

What I think they are doing right:

• focusing on sellers and not services

• trying to reduce friction

• trying to establish long-term relationships and

• providing both sides with tools to manage complex projects

What I feel isn’t quite there yet:

• personalization options for sellers

• visual indicators that will help establish possible project fit quickly

• their “big picture” plan for what this additional fragmentation may do to the eco-system long term.

9 minutes ago, frank_d said:

For me personally fiverr business clients are a mixed bag, ranging from teenagers and hustlers to actual legitimate businesses who know what they are doing.

I think that's inevitable with Fiverr Business being free for a year. Many will try it out simply because they're curious (or if it offers them one or two things they find useful, but the regular buyer account doesn't have them).

11 minutes ago, catwriter said:

I think that's inevitable with Fiverr Business being free for a year. Many will try it out simply because they're curious (or if it offers them one or two things they find useful, but the regular buyer account doesn't have them).

The biggest selling point for Fiverr business buyers is the ability to have multiple persons under the same account, and having a personal liaison helping them with compiling a curated talents shortlist or help with any order issues.

They are not targeting bigger clients. They want to, but the value proposition for them is not there.

12 hours ago, newsmike said:

quality of your reviews,

Are you referring to the numerous

5:   Good job.

5:   Thanks

5:   . . . .

Vice

5: Well written, coherent review that tells a story of why and what.

‐----------------------

Little off topic, do you feel business buyers leave better written reviews than the casual/occasional buyer?

Just now, gina_riley2 said:

Are you referring to the numerous

5:   Good job.

5:   Thanks

5:   . . . .

Vice

5: Well written, coherent review that tells a story of why and what.

‐----------------------

Little off topic, do you feel business buyers leave better written reviews than the casual/occasional buyer?

The key factor that dictates who gets the new business seller profile is the “buyer satisfaction rate” which is based almost exclusively on private review not  public ones.

As for the off-topic: based on my personal experience not necessarily.

I got the initial option to create the business profile, so I assume I'm one of the "cool kids" who will shift to this new platform. Is quite interesting to learn more about their plans to give business buyers a better experience. I assume we will still be visible on the regular Fiverr site. I'm not so sure I can compete with multi-person teams all the time, and I would not want to lose my non-business buyers. They seem to like me well enough.

Frank's comment about teenagers and hustlers to legitimate businesses is a bit worrying, however. It will be very interesting to see how this all plays out. Thanks for the extra information Mike and Frank.

6 minutes ago, melanielm said:

I got the initial option to create the business profile, so I assume I'm one of the "cool kids" who will shift to this new platform. Is quite interesting to learn more about their plans to give business buyers a better experience. I assume we will still be visible on the regular Fiverr site. I'm not so sure I can compete with multi-person teams all the time, and I would not want to lose my non-business buyers. They seem to like me well enough.

Frank's comment about teenagers and hustlers to legitimate businesses is a bit worrying, however. It will be very interesting to see how this all plays out. Thanks for the extra information Mike and Frank.

Your regular profile will still exist.

Only Fiverr business buyer accounts will be able to see your business seller profile.

See what I mean about fragmentation?

We now have fiverr regular, Fiverr pro, Fiverr business and Fiverr plus.

1 hour ago, melanielm said:

and I would not want to lose my non-business buyers. They seem to like me well enough.

Same. An interesting thing to do is go to one's Contacts, and sort by "Amount Spent" and remember, or look up, what "badges" they have, by the way.

Great information; however, as a level one seller, I feel like despite  I'm a better person, writer, and seller but wouldn't be able to plunge into this business platform arena because of my 'lack of experience' here on fiverr. 

Anyhow, good luck to y'all. 

Moreover, due to my busyness on another platform, I am finding it hard to give proper time to my fiverr profile and/or sales. 

Hope things work for me and everyone else. 

3 minutes ago, rabihumakhan said:

Great information; however, as a level one seller, I feel like despite  I'm a better person, writer, and seller but wouldn't be able to plunge into this business platform arena because of my 'lack of experience' here on fiverr. 

I wouldn't worry about it too much. Fiverr Business buyers are free to select any seller they want, and they might select your services, too. 🙂

Archived