custom offers: the formatting is gone!

misscrystal

When I write custom offers I put each extra service on it's own line so there is a neat list of each extra included.

Now I see that everything is jumbled together so I can't send a list.  Instead is a huge mess of each separate extra which runs together with the others. 

Has anyone else noticed this?  No one is going to buy a custom offer looking this way.  It's incomprehensible and I hope this is a glitch.

In other words instead of this:

aaaaaaaaa

aaaaaaaa

aaaaaaaaa

aaaaaaaa 

it looks like this:

aaaaaa aaaaaa aaaaaaa aaaaaaa aaaaaaa aaaaaa (where each set of a's is a separate extra I'm offering)

It's very hard to read this way and see that each is a separate extra.   It instead becomes a nonsense sentence. 

I sometimes add extras that are not on the gig in that box.   Now they won't even be able to see that.    The separate boxes to check for each extra are not enough.   We need to have a line by line format to put each extra on it's own line. 

Edited by misscrystal
  • Like 6
  • Up 3

Hi!  no I'm talking about the box at the top of a custom offer where you write what it is.    You write the description.  I have always put something like:

Our group will do the gig for you and include in this offer:

1. more xyz

2. additional xyz

3. do an extra xyz

4. add in some xyz

this is a discount.

As you can see, this would not be legible or make sense if it's instead all put together like one big sentence but now that's exactly what it is.   I checked old custom offers and they all are now not formatted, and instead all the old ones people have accepted all are written like they are one long nonsensical sentence.

It's not possible to continue to offer custom offers for me if it stays like this.  No one will be able to tell what I'm offering.    I offer some extras in my custom offers which each need their own line to be visible to my clients.

custom offer.GIF

Edited by misscrystal
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Up 1

This is how it now looks.   It's much less visible and more confusing this way.  Before it had more impact due to easy visibility.   I would like my clients to have a simple easy to see and read offer.

This image shows up much larger than what they see in the little message box when they see an offer.   It's very easy for them to not read the description now.    They are already a little confused sometimes when they get a custom offer.

When I add in some additional extras that are not on the list where you can check boxes they are not going to notice.   

custom offer2.GIF

Edited by misscrystal
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Unless you use custom offers most of the time you may not understand the importance of what I'm describing.   

I rely for  most of my business on custom offers.   And how they are presented is the most important part of it.

I wish fiverr would have left this alone, assuming this was done deliberately for some reason.

• Like 3
  • Congrats! 1

I've had such a jumble of a custom offer happening today as well, two lines even jumped out of the frame boundary, which I hope is a sign of it being a glitch and not the new black.

Screenshot (707).png

Edited by miiila
added pic of the jumpy line
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Congrats! 1

I just noticed that the "jumble" is a thing with reviews too. A customer left feedback that I see on the order page as

Great communication
Fast
Thank you 👍

In the reviews, it appears as

Great communication Fast Thank you 👍

No biggie, but depending on what someone writes, it might be hard to read. 

Fiverr seems to have an aversion to line breaks. I've seen that with support tickets, too, at one point, I added ~~~~ lines between my paragraphs, because blank lines didn't work, and I thought if the poor CS person has to read that all in one, oh dear. Not sure if it's to save space, or some coding accident or oversight, or someone wasn't aware that people might write more than one line, and that "jumbles" can be hard to read for humans. 😉 

The custom offer pop up window has been a colossal disaster for a couple of years now. There are so many things wrong with the way it's formatted that it would be easier to list the things that aren't wrong with it.

I've hit up CS about this several times, and it's a real struggle to even get them to understand what I'm referring to.