Follow Up Message?

zgeek0322

Question

I have a potential customer who contacted me a few days ago asking if I could complete a task for them. Since it was directly related to my Gig, I basically told them I'd be happy to and said they should place an order so we could discuss further requirements. They have not responded since.

Should I send a follow up message, or is it most likely they found someone else to do their task? 

6 answers to this question

It's pretty likely, yes. Personally, I wouldn't follow up, unless there were open questions I hadn't yet replied to, or they said they'll get back to me in x days, or something really substantial/concrete. If you answered all their questions and told them what they need to know from your side, the ball is in their court. 

I had a peek at your profile, by the way, and it seems that some text in both your Gig's images is cut off, you might want to check and fix that by using more "white space" left/right. Unfortunately, the images you upload end up looking slightly different, depending on where they are displayed, and especially since you work with photos, it might put people off ordering, so it's good to check everywhere, desktop, app, profile page, Gig page, wherever people would see your Gig images.

1 hour ago, miiila said:

It's pretty likely, yes. Personally, I wouldn't follow up, unless there were open questions I hadn't yet replied to, or they said they'll get back to me in x days, or something really substantial/concrete. If you answered all their questions and told them what they need to know from your side, the ball is in their court. 

I had a peek at your profile, by the way, and it seems that some text in both your Gig's images is cut off, you might want to check and fix that by using more "white space" left/right. Unfortunately, the images you upload end up looking slightly different, depending on where they are displayed, and especially since you work with photos, it might put people off ordering, so it's good to check everywhere, desktop, app, profile page, Gig page, wherever people would see your Gig images.

Thank you! I noticed that it looks different depending on platform even though I used the recommended resolution, I'll get that fixed.

6 minutes ago, animie_video said:

This could be happening to all those follow up messages that I am sending to my clients.

If you have a legitimate reason to send those messages (for example, your clients are expecting them and want you to send them a reminder, or the site happened to be buggy and you don't know if your previous message went through so you're checking...), you should be fine.

But if they don't want to receive those follow up messages and haven't asked you to message them, they could report you for spamming them.

It all depends on your relationship with them.

Archived