Can you write a review gig if the job isnt complete or payment hasnt been submitted yet?

arianatutor

Question

My web developer is dishonest and is leaving me high and dry in the middle of the job. He has not completed what I asked nor followed deadlines negatively impacting my business and business relarionships. He is gaslighting and nasty. He is asking for payment on other platforms, but i denied that. 

I gave him extra time to finish my job, but he is not delivering. There is no transaction history in messages on fiverr because he said he would do my job on whatsapp and I was in tight circumstances. I can send u those messages if needed. Now, I have asked him to message me on fiverr, but he refuses. How can I review him without the project being completed or having submitted payment? 

5 answers to this question

On 2/14/2022 at 7:53 PM, arianatutor said:

I gave him extra time to finish my job, but he is not delivering

How can I review him without the project being completed or having submitted payment? 

He can't use the "deliver" button if there is no order. Surely he can't be forced to do a job if there isn't an order/payment. I assume there's no order since you say you've not submitted payment and "There is no transaction history in messages".

All payment has to go through Fiverr according to the TOS.

You could report it but off-site contact (or payment) would be against the TOS and could get your account in trouble too.

You can't leave a review if there has never been a Fiverr order.

• Once payment is confirmed, your order will be created and given a unique Fiverr order number (#FO).
  • Sellers must deliver completed files and/or proof of work using the Deliver Work button (located on the Order page) according to the service that was purchased and advertised on their Gig.
  • The above is from the Terms of Service at the bottom of the Fiverr main page.
  • Take time to read the Terms of Service so you understand fully how Fiverr works. 

Reviews
[...]
To prevent any misuse of our Feedback system, all feedback reviews must come from legitimate sales executed exclusively through the Fiverr platform

User Conduct and Protection

[...]

Basics

• Any necessary exchange of personal information required to continue a service may be exchanged within the Order Page.
  • Fiverr does not provide protection for users who interact outside of the Fiverr platform.
  • All information and file exchanges must be performed exclusiely on Fiverr's platform.

etc.

It's best to read the terms of any platform you are using, they are valid for both sellers and buyers: 

https://www.fiverr.com/terms_of_service 

You can report the seller for having violated the terms, but by interacting with them off-Fiverr, you have, too. And, as already stated, no order, no review.

I hope your next experience will be better. Don't work with sellers who don't stick to the terms, and stick to them yourself, and your chances for a smooth transaction and a successful order will be far higher.

Archived