Client want seller to join into zoom call. What is the solution?

codexweb

Approximately 2 weeks ago one of Fiverr client pinged me through my gig which is under "E Commerce Development" category. As project was little bit tricky so client wanted to have a live interaction like having me into a zoom call. I was not convinced to request him place an order as I am new here and this client requirements was little complex. I wanted to receive all requirements first to make sure that I am able to meet his requirements in his given deadline. He insist me to join into a zoom call as he demand for a live interaction for project requirements explanation.

I was not sure what fiverr policy was and I asked into customer support regarding that. Customer support told me All communication have to be through fiverr. They also mentioned that once order placed seller can have a zoom call option from their order page. This zoom call option does not support for all category of service. They gave me a list in followup and I saw it support "wordpress" category but not in my category ( E Commerce Development ). As I was not allowed to join zoom call  / my gig category does not support it so this conversation did not convert into an order.

I would like to know how sellers handle these situation when project is a bit complex and client don't have time to write all these  in inbox and reply of question. Rather client want seller to join a zoom call and seller don't want to accept that order until requirements are not 100% clear.

I am new here. Any kind of suggestion are welcome!

Edited by codexweb
  • Like 6
  • Confused 1

Approximately 2 weeks ago one of Fiverr client pinged me through my gig which is under "E Commerce Development" category. As project was little bit tricky so client wanted to have a live interaction like having me into a zoom call. I was not convinced to request him place an order as I am new here and this client requirements was little complex. I wanted to receive all requirements first to make sure that I am able to meet his requirements in his given deadline. He insist me to join into a zoom call as he demand for a live interaction for project requirements explanation.

I was not sure what fiverr policy was and I asked into customer support regarding that. Customer support told me All communication have to be through fiverr. They also mentioned that once order placed seller can have a zoom call option from their order page. This zoom call option does not support for all category of service. They gave me a list in followup and I saw it support "wordpress" category but not in my category ( E Commerce Development ). As I was not allowed to join zoom call  / my gig category does not support it so this conversation did not convert into an order.

I would like to know how sellers handle these situation when project is a bit complex and client don't have time to write all these  in inbox and reply of question. Rather client want seller to join a zoom call and seller don't want to accept that order until requirements are not 100% clear.

I am new here. Any kind of suggestion are welcome!

• Like 6
  • Up 1

1 hour ago, catwriter said:

The client can send you a video or audio recording of themselves and explain what they need done that way.

Only Fiverr business and selected clients who hold badge can do video call even before hire anyone. He was new client and did not have any of those badge. so definitely he had no such options 🙂

• Like 3

11 hours ago, codexweb said:

would like to know how sellers handle these situation when project is a bit complex and client don't have time to write all these  in inbox and reply of question.

Then I just reject working with such a client. They don’t have 15 min to write up their requirements but they have time for at least 30min-1 hour call? That doesn’t make any sense. If they don’t have time to write a bit more about their project then I don’t have time working on their project. 

Plus I always say that I need it in writing to make sure that I don’t miss any details 

• Like 5
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, aarontgladiator said:

I believe Fiverr has it's own video call feature, though it may not be perfect. Also, you could edit your gig to change it's category for just a while till the buyer hits order, but if your gig is ranked, beware, it will de-rank. 

If buyer is not Fiverr business or selected client and seller is not a pro seller then video call /zoom call option in only available in order page (after placing order) and even under few specific categories so editing my gig just to get an possible order would be a very hard call. Moreover my gig even not under those specific category so I will not get that option either.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, codexweb said:

Only Fiverr business and selected clients who hold badge can do video call

I'm not talking about a video call. I'm talking about a video recording. They record themselves speaking about what they need done, and then send you that video file as an attachment (or, if the file is too large, they upload the video somewhere and send you the link so you can view it).

• Like 1

As others said, if the buyer doesn't want to write requirements so you can have them in writing, just skip. I think it's the professional thing to do. But it's your call 🙂 I for one, prefer to stay away from meetings or anything like that. You have something to say, write down requirements and be as detailed as possible.

• Like 4
  • Up 1

4 hours ago, mariashtelle1 said:

Then I just reject working with such a client. They don’t have 15 min to write up their requirements but they have time for at least 30min-1 hour call? That doesn’t make any sense. If they don’t have time to write a bit more about their project then I don’t have time working on their project. 

I totally agree with you.

• Like 1