Fiverr Promoted Gigs is really Bad Feature.

almamun_cool

17 hours ago, almamun_cool said:

After 4 month Promoted gigs again started. But after 4 days today its again stopped. 
This 4 days. I have no order cancel issue, No bad reviews. 
Then why??
Can anyone help me ??

Your gig’s metrics are calculated on a 60 day period.

So with every passing day, based on your 60 day history your stats change.

Therefore your performance looks different, and promoted gigs always looks at performance for eligibility.

I have a gig that got 13 sales in a month but it was suddenly removed from being promoted.   Only two of those sales were credited to being promoted and yet sales completely stopped once it was no longer promoted so every one of those 13 sales came from being promoted and were not counted.  

4 hours ago, misscrystal said:

so every one of those 13 sales came from being promoted and were not counted.  

Hey @misscrystal that sounds highly unlikely. 

Losing the ability to promote a gig is usually due to performance issues. (Based on many discussions with the product owner)

4 hours ago, misscrystal said:

yet sales completely stopped once it was no longer promoted 

This kind of corroborates that story:

1) gig took a hit in metrics, most likely from a buyer’s exit survey.

2) performance indicator dropped

3) promoted feature turned off and position in search results was affected 

Was there an order that didn’t go great?

out of those 13 orders, how many left a public review?

This is all speculation on my end to be clear, I am just trying to find a plausible explanation for why this happened.

On 2/16/2022 at 1:03 AM, frank_d said:

Hey @misscrystal that sounds highly unlikely. 

Losing the ability to promote a gig is usually due to performance issues. (Based on many discussions with the product owner)

This kind of corroborates that story:

1) gig took a hit in metrics, most likely from a buyer’s exit survey.

2) performance indicator dropped

3) promoted feature turned off and position in search results was affected 

Was there an order that didn’t go great?

out of those 13 orders, how many left a public review?

This is all speculation on my end to be clear, I am just trying to find a plausible explanation for why this happened.

Out of the 13 sales that gig had in December when the gig was being promoted, 11 got 5 star reviews.   No one complained, every one was happy with them.   Yet only two of them were counted as being promoted and the next month the gig was labeled not eligible for promotion.

Sales on that gig promptly dried up when that happened, so it looks to me like the gig was doing very well yet for some reason all the sales from the promotion were not counted.   Otherwise how did it get all those sales during that time, and have them all stop when the promotion period stopped?

The metrics were from what I could tell outstanding.

I raised one price for an extra slightly.   Surely they wouldn't stop promoting a gig for that reason?  Since then as I recall l've only had two sales on that gig, which is one a month (instead of 13 a month on average) and it's a shame because people love it.

1 hour ago, frank_d said:

this is what I consider highly unlikely. 

It was being shown in a prominent spot while it was being promoted, then removed.  It sounds unlikely but it points to sales while it was being promoted as not counted.  Do you see what I mean?  In a top spot, being promoted, getting about one sale every two days.... but only two of those sales were due to it being promoted?  I was concerned about it while it was happening and considered telling CS although I knew they wouldn't be able to check on that.   It wouldn't get 13 sales in a month without being in a top spot and wouldn't be there unless it was being promoted.  All of the 13 sales happened due to the promotion. 

1 minute ago, misscrystal said:

I agree with you but as I was trying to explain, I have no explanation for it doing so well during the promotion period and out of 13 sales only two were marked as promoted.   And then, in spite of doing so well that month it gets placed where few if any people see it, as if not only was the promotion not doing well but the gig itself was somehow considered a loser, when clearly it's the opposite of one.

I see what you are saying. This is where my expertise on the subject ends:

All I know is that the promoted gigs feature is tied up with search results and actual gig performance.

So if you  try to apply Occam's razor, the simplest explanation is that while everything looks super-duper on your end, one data point that's not visible on your end took a hit.

Maybe @amirbeno can provide more insights? (he is a rockstar BTW!)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks @frank_dfor looping me in!

@misscrystalas Frank mentioned, Promoted Gigs is build on top of the Search Engine.
It means that if, for some reason, the Search Engine decides that your Gig is not relevant / having poor quality metrics / other reasons, it can block your Gig from returning, and in a result Promoted Gigs not getting this Gig as a candidate for auction.

The Promoted Gigs attribution model is looking for *all* orders generated between you and the buyer, in a 30-days period post ad-click (even if he clicked on Gig_A and end up buying Gig_B).
Worth knowing, that promoting a Gig (through Promoted Gigs) can lead to organic exposure increase as well, so this might explain why you got more orders who have not being attributed to Promoted Gigs.

Last point - you pay for Promoted Gigs ONLY if a buyer CLICKS on your ad - so if he clicked once and bought 7 orders (in a 30-days period) - you still gonna pay only for that one click.

Cheers

Archived