I sent the sample, buyer sent the full video for editing but do not accept the offer.

danistudio41

A buyer sent me a video to edit. I edit half of it as a sample for him. Then he sent me better quality video. I assumed he liked the sample. I created the offer but he did not accept it. I supposed he is busy and accept it when he will get time. I completed the work and asked him to accept the offer. He refused and said he can not pay without watching the full edited video. I spent my precious time and effort on it. I don't know why he is behaving like that. What can I do now?

7 minutes ago, danistudio41 said:

What can I do now?

What can you do is to never work without an order. 
I always say that all work on fiverr starts after placing an order and that’s it, they either pay or leave. 
Now just be prepared to cut your losses in case he never accepts your offer but DO NOT send him the full video, he doesn’t want to pay now so he definitely wouldn’t pay when he gets the full vid

1 hour ago, danistudio41 said:

I don't know why he is behaving like that.

Because he's trying to trick you into delivering the work for free.

1 hour ago, danistudio41 said:

What can I do now?

In the future, you can tell everyone who asks you to work for free that Fiverr strongly recommends to sellers never to start working until the order is placed. If the prospect must have a sample, send them a custom offer for $5 or $10 or whatever is appropriate, and make that sample small.

Now, you can politely inform the buyer that you're not allowed to send finished work until the order is placed.

Archived