New Category Announcement: Social Media Videos

video_at_fvrr

Hi guys, 

it's Jacky from Fiverr Video & Animation again.

I am excited to share that we opened a new category for sellers: Social Media Videos for all organic social media video creation.

From Reels, TikToks and YouTube content to animated banners, facebook cover videos. Whether filmed, animated or based on stock, short or long organic video content will be created here!

To avoid confusion ads will remain in Short Video Ads :))

I am curious to hear your thoughts and happy to get your feedback!

Have fun!

Jacky

A video for eg. youtube could be for many different types. eg. music/lyric videos (but we already have a subcategory for that), a video could be edited and then it would get shown on youtube (but there's a video editing subcategory and now social media videos one), effects could be added to the buyer's video that would then appear on youtube or instagram/other social media (but we already have a visual effects subcategory). Or eg. animation and effects could be added to source content for a meditation video that would then appear on youtube (but there are different subcategories for different types of animation, visual effects, meditation videos and now also one for social media videos (eg. youtube)) - in those cases it might be better if the gig was categorized based on the type of video/work done rather than whether it would be shown on youtube.

Also maybe the system could allow a gig to be in more than one subcategory if they were all relevant (like Amazon allows a product like books to be in multiple subcategories).

I do agree with @uk1000 in that there is some redundancy here. BUT I receive soooo many messages on my spokesperson gig that start with "Hello- I'm not sure if this fits, but I'm looking for a social media spokesperson video..." (Yes, it does fit 😉  ) So I think it will help some of those clients who are newer to Fiverr beeline to the specific gig that they need. Especially when you consider they may not know to try various keywords to get to where they want to be. )

From a Seller's perspective, the ability to use more than one subcategory would prove extremely helpful. I think most of us have services that would be equally at home in multiple subcategories. 

On 2/13/2022 at 11:46 AM, uk1000 said:

A video for eg. youtube could be for many different types. eg. music/lyric videos (but we already have a subcategory for that), a video could be edited and then it would get shown on youtube (but there's a video editing subcategory and now social media videos one), effects could be added to the buyer's video that would then appear on youtube or instagram/other social media (but we already have a visual effects subcategory). Or eg. animation and effects could be added to source content for a meditation video that would then appear on youtube (but there are different subcategories for different types of animation, visual effects, meditation videos and now also one for social media videos (eg. youtube)) - in those cases it might be better if the gig was categorized based on the type of video/work done rather than whether it would be shown on youtube.

Also maybe the system could allow a gig to be in more than one subcategory if they were all relevant (like Amazon allows a product like books to be in multiple subcategories).

11 hours ago, nikandco said:

I do agree with @uk1000 in that there is some redundancy here. BUT I receive soooo many messages on my spokesperson gig that start with "Hello- I'm not sure if this fits, but I'm looking for a social media spokesperson video..." (Yes, it does fit 😉  ) So I think it will help some of those clients who are newer to Fiverr beeline to the specific gig that they need. Especially when you consider they may not know to try various keywords to get to where they want to be. )

From a Seller's perspective, the ability to use more than one subcategory would prove extremely helpful. I think most of us have services that would be equally at home in multiple subcategories. 

Thank you @uk1000and @nikandco its definitely one way to look at things.  We don't have a category that currently serves the content creation of vlogs, highlights and wider creation of organic reels, TikToks, shorts and so forth. The idea is to create a location for buyers for all their social media needs, but I will definitely think about your feedback, thank you!

• 1 month later...

Archived