How Can I get my 1st Order on Fiverr?

webdevrakib

Hi
I'm Rakibul Alam,

are you Looking for a WordPress developer to design your website?

if you need this .yes You are in the right place I have Over 3+ years of experience in Web development
Let's Give me Your project done for your business

Check out my profile and check out the gigs Here are some tips for me

How to improve the quality of my service to get my first order?
And help with your valuable advice on how to get 1st order

I will build ecommerce website online store with wordpress woocommerce.jpg

• Like 6

• 3 months later...
4 hours ago, webdevrakib said:

my gig is ranked on 1st and 2nd pages but i don't get new order's what can i do ?

First of all, there is no "rank" in the Fiverr search system. You might see your gig on the first or second pages, but that is not where everyone else sees your gig. Every searcher sees your gigs in a different place. Second, if you are not gaining orders, then it would appear that you are not connecting to your target customers. Research your target customers, and your chosen market, and make sure you are offering a service that resolves their needs.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

I am getting customer request everyday my gig ranking is good but I am not able to convert to order why is there no problem about my conversation all clients come to me I can do their work I can talk like them ask about budget Then it doesn't respond anymore. What I shouldn't do now I'm talking about taking work straight away without talking about a budget and still no work for the last few clients
They are knocking directly from my gig I am responding immediately but not getting work now what should I do?

• Like 4

Maybe the price is too high? Maybe you lack a portfolio to show your expertise? It can be a number of things.. You are the only one who knows what you talked with them, so be introspective, create a list with the last messages you sent and figure out what deters people from using your services.

• Like 12

A couple suggestions. First, you need to improve your English skills to the point where someone will have confidence buying from you. The word "knock" means something entirely different from what you think it does.

Second, don't lie about your level of proficiency in English because people will wonder what else you would lie about in order to make a sale.

image.png.ecdb222f03217371651ef659bfb70513.png 

Edited by newsmike
  • Like 9
  • Up 2

14 hours ago, smashradio said:

Could you please tell me which arabic word you've used, that was translated into "knock" in Google Translate? 🙂 

There is an idiom in Turkish, "knocking on the door" Which means "reaching out to" or simply "visiting" 

Like, "lets go knock on his door to get his ideas"

It should be similar.

Edited by ozan_erdi
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, ozan_erdi said:

There is an idiom in Turkish, "knocking on the door" Which means "reaching out to" or simply "visiting" 

Like, "lets go knock on his door to get his ideas"

It should be similar.

Interesting. Perhaps an idiom one has borrowed from the other? I know that Turkish is a very different language from Arabic, but the cultural similarities in some areas (particularly Islam) will probably have affected the Turkish language. 

I was just curious, because it's repeated very often on the forum by sellers claiming to be fluent English speakers, so it must be a single word being used a lot in Arabic. 

• Like 3

Just now, smashradio said:

Perhaps an idiom one has borrowed from the other? I know that Turkish is a very different language from Arabic, but the cultural similarities in some areas (particularly Islam) will probably have affected the Turkish language. 

That is correct. We have couple of very common words coming from arabic roots too.

For example: "Tamam" which means "Okay" or "şarap" which means "wine". They both have arabic roots and are just regular and proper words in Turkish.

So i believe idioms and different sayings might mean similar to each other. To be honest i have never tought saying "knock" is unusual. Probbly because of the similarity we have mentioned. Its used in the professional life too, not just streets. So i have never found it strange.

But of course, if he is saying that to the customer from Netherlands, he is not gonna get any orders. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1