Why penalty is put on seller when buyer cancels order when they change their mind or find they purchased wrong service without reading description of gig?

websitesmaker

Question

Buyers ignorance and unserious attitude is a major reason of cancelation of orders. There is not much that can be done but hitting sellers for this is total one-sidedness. Buyers have more priority in every marketplace but shouldn't here be assessment on reason on cancelation. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 5
  • Up 2

5 answers to this question

You should never cancel the order if they change their mind. Only cancel it if you think you would not be able to deliver the work. Unfortunately, Fiverr Sellers are not supported or given much importance over buyers (if the buyer purchased accidentally and all that). The seller will be at a disadvantage. There is no such system to monitor anything in favour of sellers.

Edited by blazegoldburst
  • Like 4

happened with me just now the buyer wasn't online and i couldn't have delivered him anything just to complete the order
i tried contacting him but no response so i finally had to request order cancellation ...
and now the level 1 tag is in danger what should i do now? any suggestions ?

• Like 3

On 2/11/2022 at 11:00 AM, blazegoldburst said:

You should never cancel the order if they change their mind. Only cancel it if you think you would not be able to deliver the work. Unfortunately, Fiverr Sellers are not supported or given much importance over buyers (if the buyer purchased accidentally and all that). The seller will be at a disadvantage. There is no such system to monitor anything in favour of sellers.

Fiverr support is there to protect buyer and cancel order put panels on seller. There is no such thing as canceling any order without putting penalty on seller.

• Like 2

Some buyers purchase without read the gig, one thing that you can do in the GIG Requirements is add a multiple choice box option for the buyer select, for example:

- I agree that the Seller will do X, Y, Z and not A, B, C.
(x) Yes I understand....
(x) And yes I agree with the gig description and gig offer

• Like 3