how can I esily improve my english language ?

limon_ahmed836

First of all, will... I mean real willingness to learn. That's the main key in this long but fun journey.

Now, you can start watching series and movies with subtitles and that will help you a lot to get used to words and its meaning and with pronunciation as well (just don't start with british stuff 😆). You can also read things online and use the translator tool as a little help (although that is not entirely reliable). Apps can be very useful too, there's plenty of those around, do your research.

Never be afraid of making mistakes, that's part of the process. Start writing in english as muchas you can. That's what I'm doing and there I go... trying to learn and improve gradually. Sure I make mistakes, probably even in this post but you know what? I think people will understand my idea and that's what I want... express myself and break the language barrier.

I really hope you can achieve your goal. English is a must and can get you to really amazing opportunities. Whether you like it or not English is world's language.

• Like 25
  • Up 1

I would recommend:

1) Go to youtube - it's free, there are many really great materials - you can improve your listening skills, speaking skills, you can find there many high quality lessons

2) Read books - seriously! READ BOOKS! It will not only help you to improve your grammar skills, but also conversational speech, a lot of new words and new interesting turns of phrase will appear in the vocabulary. Speech will become more intelligent and will become richer

3) Open different websites like New York times, Financial times (or find something that you would like to read about) - it helps to learn modern conversational language

• Like 22
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 2

I can only repeat the above suggestions! Also, I'd maybe add podcasts, and music. I learned basic German through music (English, too, but that was decades ago) by listening to my favourite bands, and in my free time writing down the lyrics of one song every day and working out the meaning – words, expressions, and basic grammar rules will stuck in your head easily that way.

Bonus tip: Think in English! Translate the thoughts to yourself – you'd be surprised how much you know if you keep reading / watching shows in English.

Plus: never give up! Be consistent, and spend at least thirty minutes every day on your target language.

Good luck!

• Like 18
  • Up 1

You can improve english by first installing grammarly and take a free plan and then go to some interesting forums which is in english. Try to read the forum posts which you are interested and reply it with english. After typing check it with grammarly to know the mistakes.

• Like 13

16 minutes ago, vsjforall said:

You can improve english by first installing grammarly and take a free plan and then go to some interesting forums which is in english. Try to read the forum posts which you are interested and reply it with english. After typing check it with grammarly to know the mistakes.

I think Grammarly is a faulty program that gives people a false sense of security, confidence, and knowledge. English language learning programs and videos involving humans produce better results--for now, at least.

• Like 15
  • Up 2

Just now, mandyzines said:

I think Grammarly is a faulty program that gives people a false sense of security, confidence, and knowledge. English language learning programs and videos involving humans produce better results--for now, at least.

Okay. I didnt know that as we are using pro version of it. Is it true?? We normally use it for blog posts and... Anyway I will take you point and move forward from now on...

• Like 13

16 minutes ago, vsjforall said:

Okay. I didnt know that as we are using pro version of it. Is it true?? We normally use it for blog posts and... Anyway I will take you point and move forward from now on...

Yes. Grammarly will teach you how to communicate improperly, whether you are paying for it or not. It really isn't a good crutch. Going to the site that @wp_kid linked to daily and applying @vickiespencer's meme will produce better results so far as learning is concerned.

• Like 17
  • Up 2

An English conversation teacher here.
Sorry but there is NO way to easily improve. It's sad that so many students that come has this unrealistic dream of becoming a bilingual in 6 months.
There are maaaaany ways to study and since there are so many options, it's best if you look around and find the one that is best for you.
You can watch English shows with the English subtitles on like @nelsnj said above, that worked for me when I was studying.

Listen to the English, read the subtitles, and repeat the lines out loud.

The most important thing  is to accept the fact that it is going to take a long time to get to a certain level. 

• Like 18
  • Up 2

On 2/4/2022 at 8:39 AM, nelsnj said:

First of all, will... I mean real willingness to learn. That's the main key in this long but fun journey.

Now, you can start watching series and movies with subtitles and that will help you a lot to get used to words and its meaning and with pronunciation as well (just don't start with british stuff 😆). You can also read things online and use the translator tool as a little help (although that is not entirely reliable). Apps can be very useful too, there's plenty of those around, do your research.

Never be afraid of making mistakes, that's part of the process. Start writing in english as muchas you can. That's what I'm doing and there I go... trying to learn and improve gradually. Sure I make mistakes, probably even in this post but you know what? I think people will understand my idea and that's what I want... express myself and break the language barrier.

I really hope you can achieve your goal. English is a must and can get you to really amazing opportunities. Whether you like it or not English is world's language.

Thank so much Bro, it's very helpful for me.

On 2/4/2022 at 8:51 AM, olyasr said:

I would recommend:

1) Go to youtube - it's free, there are many really great materials - you can improve your listening skills, speaking skills, you can find there many high quality lessons

2) Read books - seriously! READ BOOKS! It will not only help you to improve your grammar skills, but also conversational speech, a lot of new words and new interesting turns of phrase will appear in the vocabulary. Speech will become more intelligent and will become richer

3) Open different websites like New York times, Financial times (or find something that you would like to read about) - it helps to learn modern conversational language

wow, That's great, I'm very inspired for your valuable speech.

On 2/4/2022 at 11:49 AM, wp_kid said:

I use to visit  engVid a lot. This is a good website to improve english. 

I'm trying of my best, Thanks a lot.

On 2/4/2022 at 12:24 PM, vickiespencer said:

2001634533_ScreenShot2022-02-04at10_22_33AM.thumb.png.cf6e0d56a72b521362b85d62f9ae654d.png

images.jpg.caa77400c4136fd38c44420ef0654ce2.jpg

yes, I know but I don't give up.

On 2/4/2022 at 1:00 PM, kataedits said:

I can only repeat the above suggestions! Also, I'd maybe add podcasts, and music. I learned basic German through music (English, too, but that was decades ago) by listening to my favourite bands, and in my free time writing down the lyrics of one song every day and working out the meaning – words, expressions, and basic grammar rules will stuck in your head easily that way.

Bonus tip: Think in English! Translate the thoughts to yourself – you'd be surprised how much you know if you keep reading / watching shows in English.

Plus: never give up! Be consistent, and spend at least thirty minutes every day on your target language.

Good luck!

Pray for me, Dear.  I'm follow your advice obviously.

• Like 10

Facebook:

Yes, you read it correctly. Coming from a place where literally no one speaks English was a hurdle for me. However, in 2012, when I joined facebook and then some groups where the members primarily were English speakers, have been a vital step for me. 

I may not be very fluent in it even now, but I can deliver my message in a good manner. 

Also, a specific advice, learn two new words daily, write their meanings down and use them in at least three conversations, boom, doing this has proven to be the best practice for me, it maybe good for you as well. 

• Like 12

On 2/4/2022 at 4:31 AM, limon_ahmed836 said:

it's not fun a post. it's very serious post, please help me.

Yabla is very good for immersion, and to practice, I'd recommend iTalki for live practice once you get rolling. 

Edited by newsmike
  • Like 11
  • Up 1

I'm a language teacher by training. I'll start by saying that "easy" is not the word you should be using here.

Learning a new language has its easy parts and hard parts. It depends on your mother tongue. For example, native English speakers on average find Japanese challenging because the grammar is so radically different.

What I can is give you is some helpful tips that may help you improve your language skills in the areas you are interested in:

1. Master basic vocabulary and grammar first. This won't be useful to you immediately but without this foundation, you won't understand how English works.
  2. Learn the parts of English that are useful to you. If you want to improve your English for use in Fiverr, then learn the words, grammar and structures that you need to conduct your business. Learning stuff you won't use immediately will only slow you down. For example, it won't be useful for you to learn how to order in a restaurant if you aren't planning on travelling to the UK or USA anytime soon.
  3. Read, watch, listen and generally consume as much media and material as you can in English. The way I managed to make my Chinese functional wasn't by studying a lot. It was by going out and interacting with people in China and consuming as much material as I could in Chinese. This will feel very frustrating at first but if you power through and allow yourself to be new to the language, you will see drastic improvement.
  4. Only use Google Translate for individual words. Translators are terrible at doing accurate translation of entire sentences and paragraphs.
  5. Don't expect immediate results. Learning a language for anything more than survival is a long process. It takes discipline and consistency. More importantly, you must accept that your English is going to be terrible for a while. Learn from your mistakes and you'll eventually be amazed at your progress in a few years.
  6. There's no substitute for a language partner or even a tutor. If English is important for your future and business, invest what you can in it and find someone who will speak English with you and give you guidance.

Best of luck 🙂

• Like 12
  • Up 5

From my thought, I would like to suggest you, every day at least Watch one English Movies with subtitles, try to read the subtitle whatever on the screen says, Also try to watching documentaries And use Grammarly always for writing, and Use Google Translate for learning the meaning of spelling of various country languages.

• Like 10

The first step is to have a basic grasp of the language. That's simultaneously the easiest and the hardest part - it's the easiest because it's the fastest, it's the hardest because it's the biggest hurdle to clear so you can move on to the second step. I got this from school, everyone has english classes for a couple years in my country, it's mandatory. If you don't have that, not sure how to help. Get a teacher or private tutor. You absolutely do need guidance for this first step. It's like learning how to read - how are you supposed to learn by yourself if you don't know how to read in the first place? You really can't - or it will take you forever. 

Now, once you know the basics, you're only starting. That's where a lot of people stop, and it shows. Just like with reading, once you know how to do it, you no longer need teachers as much - now you have direct access, and can learn by yourself. What has worked for me - games, movies, series, books, articles. The entire internet. Consume all media in english. With no subtitles. Force yourself. Your phone should be set to english. Your computer should be set to english. If you're french and like programming, don't go to french programming forums - go to american programming forums instead. You need to be immersed. Over time, this exposure will compound and you'll get better and better. This step can take years, but it's much more natural than the first step. Just like with learning to read - once you know how to do it, you can start reading bigger and more complex books with time, by yourself, with no need for any guidance. You don't give war and peace to a kid that just learned to read. He has to work up to it, by reading smaller, simpler books. It takes time.

As an aside, I see too many people here focusing on the english itself, but that's only half of the equation. You can write english correctly all you want, that's not enough to be successful in a business. You need to get the culture. A lot of native speakers don't write correctly, or speak correctly for that matter. But that doesn't matter nearly as much, because they get the culture. They get the references. They get what is expected in a certain situation. That is much more important than some typos. You need to understand international business culture (which is basically american for all intents and purposes). You need to be familiar with it. You need to know certain basic things (never mention religion or politics for instance, that's a major faux pas I see constantly coming from certain sellers). Address people formally without sounding like a square. Come across as confident and in control. Etc.

Once you are good enough, when you really "get it", you'll find that you can break almost any rule and get away with it. That's what humor is - breaking preconceived notions, breaking the rules. Once you are able to be funny in english, to an english speaking audience, that's when you've actually made it. Even if your spelling is not perfect.

• Like 9
  • Up 3

According to me for English speaking and writing skills improvement you must practice everyday in front of a mirror. You have to ask the mirror various questions and answer yourself. Everything must be thought in English. You can create a group of English speaking people. There are many groups in online. You can join there. Besides watching English movies or documentaries with sub titles will also be very helpful for English skills development. For fluency in spoken English you must make your vocabulary stronger. You have to create a list of daily life used common words and apply those. The main thing is you have to practice everyday. No alternatives to it.

• Like 10
  • Up 1

I would say, watch english movies with subtitles and google translate words you don't know on a paper so you remember them, in my case I have  learnt english by playing league of legends with people from Finland and Germany every evening in vocal chat since 2015, I was a compete noob at the beginning and then over years, I have improved my skills and they even came to my place in France to meet IRL, one of the best english experience, and I met foreigners in my country, like in campings, train stations, people from america, england, netherland, I could still practice with them.

• Like 7
  • Confused 1

Key to be successful in this is PRACTICE only. Just learning English won't help you out. Whatever you're reading, try to re-create it in your own words and then go through it. 
You can start talking to your near and dear ones by using small phrases and you'll definitely see the difference.  

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, psykkopatte said:

I have improved my skills and they even came to my place in France to meet IRL, one of the best english experience

Press x to doubt. I was in Paris recently and it was one of the worst "english experiences" in my life. I swear the french do it on purpose lol.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1
  • Up 1