What about a review on delivery experience as a seller standpoint?

navorsky

I believe Fiverr puts the end-customer experience ahead of the designer experience. And here's why and how I believe this could be resolved.

As designers we are constantly being evaluated, measured and put to the test. And that's right, I don't complain about it. But what is being done to filter the quality of customers?

I've had a Fiverr account for 2 years, struggling to channel quality clients through my design platforms ( behance, portfolio, etc ), but it seems very difficult when the client comes here and literally has all the rights above yours.

I recently delivered a branding project, hired by a client who already had a history here. I was given the entire briefing and I started the project immediately, delivered everything he asked for and added some extras at no cost. The project was technically very well executed, however the client gave me the following feedback: "I honestly would like to cancel this project. This design is not to our standards and looks hideous."

And that was it. With no chance of review, without any other constructive feedback, the client simply gave up on the project, based on his personal taste and with this justification, as if my work had been poorly executed, which was definitely not the case and I will prove it there in the end.

He then opened a dispute and I accepted the cancellation as he was simply determined to cancel. And here comes my critique of the Fiverr system.

After the sale and delivery, only the buyer receives a feedback questionnaire, where theoretically he should be honest and say what he thinks. And we sellers? Can't we rate the buyer after an unsuccessful delivery? Because in my view it's unfair for me to just be penalized on the platform.

And finally, in case you wonder if the project was really awful, I leave the link to it on the platforms it was published on (yes I published it because I honestly spent a lot of time in the execution and I think it's worthy)

We need tools to qualify and rebuke attitudes like this buyer, who doesn't understand how the process works and thinks it's fair to throw away 5 days of work without plausible justification.

Link for the canceled project... evaluate yourself.

https://www.behance.net/gallery/136854325/A-Hideous-Project

( Yes, it was featured in World Brand Design , a hideous project... )
https://worldbranddesign.com/fun-and-playful-design-of-cookie-delivery-business-by-navorsky-studio/

14 minutes ago, navorsky said:

After the sale and delivery, only the buyer receives a feedback questionnaire, where theoretically he should be honest and say what he thinks. And we sellers? Can't we rate the buyer after an unsuccessful delivery?

By feedback questionnaire do you mean the non-public rating? Surely they won't get a chance to leave a non-public rating on order that was cancelled and never marked as complete.

Also I assume Fiverr notices how many times buyers cancel orders and I think they will probably do something if a buyer cancels them too many times.

You could add a message on the delivery if you don't already letting them know they can ask for a revision and/or you could have said you could revise it after he said he didn't like it (if you didn't already ask).

That's what I call a troll. We have two options here - either the client was expecting something totally different, or he did it on purpose so he didn't have to pay. That branding is indeed professional and well executed. The thing is design is always subjective. The only advice I can give is to thoroughly vet your clients and ensure the art direction is clear from the beginning. Make them say what they want, as precisely as possible. If they say "I trust your professional vision, do what you think will work best", just refuse. Make them pick the direction, so they can't later complain about it.

Unfortunately that's how this platform works. It's ridiculous. It's wrong. But it is what it is. 

11 minutes ago, navorsky said:

That was done here. He indicated an paht/moodboard, and for jesus christ, i swear a followed it. BUt it is was you say. A troll is a troll.
I just hope my reputation don´t get affected by it. 

You shouldn't have accepted the cancelation. Get into seller plus, get a success manager, and fight that kind of client through CS and your success manager. What you described is not acceptable.

25 minutes ago, visualstudios said:

You shouldn't have accepted the cancelation.

Though when he's currently got 3 reviews in total and 2 on the gig with the most reviews, if that order had completed and it was an unhappy buyer they could have left a bad review turning the 5 stars in the profile to 4 (which would probably stop him sending offers to BR if he wanted to) and less on the avg for the gig (eg. it could have led to a 3.7 star avg if a 1 star rating was left on the gig with reviews). It wouldn't matter as much if there were many reviews.

On 2/9/2022 at 8:15 AM, navorsky said:

I believe Fiverr puts the end-customer experience ahead of the designer experience. And here's why and how I believe this could be resolved.

As designers we are constantly being evaluated, measured and put to the test. And that's right, I don't complain about it. But what is being done to filter the quality of customers?

I've had a Fiverr account for 2 years, struggling to channel quality clients through my design platforms ( behance, portfolio, etc ), but it seems very difficult when the client comes here and literally has all the rights above yours.

I recently delivered a branding project, hired by a client who already had a history here. I was given the entire briefing and I started the project immediately, delivered everything he asked for and added some extras at no cost. The project was technically very well executed, however the client gave me the following feedback: "I honestly would like to cancel this project. This design is not to our standards and looks hideous."

And that was it. With no chance of review, without any other constructive feedback, the client simply gave up on the project, based on his personal taste and with this justification, as if my work had been poorly executed, which was definitely not the case and I will prove it there in the end.

He then opened a dispute and I accepted the cancellation as he was simply determined to cancel. And here comes my critique of the Fiverr system.

After the sale and delivery, only the buyer receives a feedback questionnaire, where theoretically he should be honest and say what he thinks. And we sellers? Can't we rate the buyer after an unsuccessful delivery? Because in my view it's unfair for me to just be penalized on the platform.

And finally, in case you wonder if the project was really awful, I leave the link to it on the platforms it was published on (yes I published it because I honestly spent a lot of time in the execution and I think it's worthy)

We need tools to qualify and rebuke attitudes like this buyer, who doesn't understand how the process works and thinks it's fair to throw away 5 days of work without plausible justification.

Link for the canceled project... evaluate yourself.

https://www.behance.net/gallery/136854325/A-Hideous-Project

( Yes, it was featured in World Brand Design , a hideous project... )
https://worldbranddesign.com/fun-and-playful-design-of-cookie-delivery-business-by-navorsky-studio/

This sort of happened to me, too. The buyer requested a revision then contacted CS for a cancellation and refund. They "won" of course and my Completion rate dropped. It really sucks and I wish there was better protection for sellers. 

On 2/9/2022 at 7:15 AM, navorsky said:

I accepted the cancellation as he was simply determined to cancel.

Just my 2 cents, If you deliver a quality job, as you did, never, ever agree to the cancellation.  If they leave negative feedback you can tell your side of the story, and put the link to the work in that reply.  You did great, sorry you had such a bad buyer. I have some specific wording you can use to fight the cancel using TOS as your sword.  It has never failed me.

"This order is not eligible to be cancelled due to Fiverr TOS and the fact that the work has already been performed. If you're not clear on why we aren't able to cancel this order at this point, please note that when you joined Fiverr, you agreed to their terms of service (TOS) and it is very clear as to why this order is not eligible for cancellation. it states, “orders are not eligible to be cancelled based on the quality of service/materials delivered by the seller if the service was rendered as described in the gig page.

https://www.fiverr.com/terms_of_service

51 minutes ago, words_to_wow said:

I wish there was better protection for sellers. 

There is is you fight for it.  When I use the verbiage (below to OP) to tell them why I won't cancel, I immediately copy the whole thing to CS, telling them that per TOS, I am right and the buyer is wrong, so please don't cancel.  And they don't.  But you have to remind CS of the TOS.  

Archived