Seller Increases Delivery Date To Make Account Look Good

fuzzypeaches74

I sure wish Fiverr allowed buyer to leave feedback about experience after orders are canceled. I have had two buyers in a row that lie to get sale and then create bad experience.

The last seller promise 1-2 days in chat so that she get sale. But I notice job offer I accepted said 9 days. When I asked she said she puts longer delivery date because it makes her account look better on Fiverr to finish early.

But seller did not deliver in 1-2 days like promised. Her account status showed activity every day but she did not explain late delivery. I opened request to cancel order on 5th day. Suddenly she respond immediately sending files and saying fate was to blame (her grandma died). 

Too late for project, company canceled book because delivery 3 days late delayed.

Seller would not allow cancel & tried to force sale. Very unprofessional. I contacted my bank to do a chargeback for refund of purchase. She did not accept cancel because it would look bad on her account. I also contacted Fiverr support and they canceled the job on their end.

My trust in Fiverr sellers is very low right now. I hope other buyers do not have to go through what I had to go through with sellers here. I have many more book projects to do but I will have to find another source to complete them. Very sad.

Unfortunately unprofessional sellers exist everywhere. 
You also should check what offers you are accepting beforehand because it is a building contract. And if seller sent you different terms from what you agreed then it’s immediately a red flag that you should avoid them. You could also avoid this situation just by checking what you were accepting. 

For the reviews: you can’t leave a public review but fiverr still sent you an email with private feedback that you can fill and it actually is taken into account more than the public review. Plus the seller is also slapped with a cancellation ratio affected and that can make them potentially loose their seller level and in general affect where their gig is shown in search. 

People are also working on other freelancer platforms, she maybe didn't lie if she was busy somewhere else, but yes, it sounds quite unprofessionnal, and about trusting sellers on fiverr, finding a seller is quite a lottery, anyone can create an account without any diploma or experience, it's just a matter of finding a seller who fits with you and order from him/she regulary, this is how it usually work, when buyers are satisfied with a seller, they often pick him/she as regular provider.
And even if it goes wrong unfortunatly, it is always possible to get money back if not satisfied.

4 hours ago, mariashtelle1 said:

Unfortunately unprofessional sellers exist everywhere. 
You also should check what offers you are accepting beforehand because it is a building contract. And if seller sent you different terms from what you agreed then it’s immediately a red flag that you should avoid them. You could also avoid this situation just by checking what you were accepting. 

For the reviews: you can’t leave a public review but fiverr still sent you an email with private feedback that you can fill and it actually is taken into account more than the public review. Plus the seller is also slapped with a cancellation ratio affected and that can make them potentially loose their seller level and in general affect where their gig is shown in search. 

Yes, I have learned to inspect offer details now. Last time I used Fiverr was few years ago for personal use and the format was different than it is now.

Seller promised delivery time and I trusted her. I will now make sure promise matches the offer delivery date they make.

Thank you so much for your thoughts! ❤

Archived