Response rate

duckyj

I recently put out a buyer request. I wanted someone to write an article for me that people can read, understand and that I didn't have to rewrite to understand it. Naturally, I ignored the messages with typos and broken English. Ignoring the messages that were clearly not what I was looking for, this hurt my response rate as a seller. I think that's pretty much dumb. I ended up finding 2 of 75+ were good at writing. So I replied to 2, ignored the rest. Response rate hit the dirt. This platform is such a waste of time. 

A lot of people get caught up by spam messages from buyers. Sucks that it effected your "seller" stats since you initiated the request on the buyer side. Maybe contact CS to see if they can help, but try not to curse them out when they reply back.

Screenshot 2022-02-06 10.50.06 PM.png

I agree that you should approach CS with this, if for nothing more than to report back here with what they say so the rest of us can benefit.  Another seller sending you a message about a buyer's request, should not, in my mind, impact your seller rating whatsoever. The only thing I can think of is that since you are also a seller, they system was not sophisticated enough to know the difference between the message coming as a result of the buyer request vs. one of your gigs.  If this is true, sounds like an enhancement opportunity for the platform. 

Archived