Similarities between Fiverr's logo and Finetwork logo

achkouk

So I was watching Football today, BET vs VIL, and suddenly I noticed the BET's players are wearing a green kit with a logo,

at first I thought Fiverr's sponsoring the team but then I did a quick research I've found out that the logo belongs to a spanish telecommunication company called Finetwork! I was stunned as the logo is very identical to Fiverr's ! I'm attaching some photos..

Screenshot 2022-02-06 at 6.54.49 PM.png

Screenshot 2022-02-06 at 6.52.31 PM.png

540.jpg

6 hours ago, aarontgladiator said:

The same font? The WHOLE thing's the same except for maybe the colour. Somebody ripped somebody here.

My Thought aswell! what makes even clear is the players green kit! at first I assumed it's Fiverr's logo! 

As a designer, I'd say they might not even be aware and I'm pretty sure they didn't plagiarize eachother's work. In design, ideas do clash. The same idea logo idea you have for a brand might already be existing in the outside world. That is why it is advisable to do trademarks searches during the creative process to ensure that the logo idea you're about to execute is unique to the brand alone. 

Who registered it first? This is grounds for litigation, honestly. A seller here creating a logo like that would be enough to get a strike. And that's a nobody, who presumably could in fact not be aware. A logo designer here does not have a legal team.

A major company doing it is 100x worse. That "they weren't aware of it" is no excuse, legally. They have people on payroll to handle that kind of thing. And if they don't, I really question their management.

12 hours ago, visualstudios said:

Who registered it first? This is grounds for litigation, honestly. A seller here creating a logo like that would be enough to get a strike. And that's a nobody, who presumably could in fact not be aware. A logo designer here does not have a legal team.

A major company doing it is 100x worse. That "they weren't aware of it" is no excuse, legally. They have people on payroll to handle that kind of thing. And if they don't, I really question their management.

I hardly doubt anything would come out of it legally and it financially wouldn't be beneficial for Fiverr to get into a lawsuit with a major company way bigger than it.

10 hours ago, aarontgladiator said:

Fiverr to get into a lawsuit with a major company way bigger than it.

Is it though? Fiverr is listed on the stock exchange, and has a several billion dollar market cap. Also, I don't know who registered it first, for all I know Fiverr is the one stealing lol

18 hours ago, aarontgladiator said:

I hardly doubt anything would come out of it legally and it financially wouldn't be beneficial for Fiverr to get into a lawsuit with a major company way bigger than it.

Fiverr could use the exposure to their benefit lol, I mean with the green kid that the player's are wearing it fits the Fiverr's branding more than the other company! 

7 hours ago, achkouk said:

Fiverr could use the exposure to their benefit lol, I mean with the green kid that the player's are wearing it fits the Fiverr's branding more than the other company! 

In Spain you'll probably find that  they are more aware of that telecommunications company than Fiverr and identify that logo with that company and have no idea who fiverr is. That logo if i didn't know it was similar to fiverr's would not direct me to fiverr.com. Whereas if you googled fi network, it will tell you exactly who it is. 

Archived