Three Little things that bring YOU happiness

katakatica

The forum has been a bit slow (and somewhat negative at some points) lately, so I thought why not try and seek out the positive things in life once again?

So - what are three things that make YOU happy these days? (can be work related but can be something else as well!)

For me...

My Friday commutes to Stockholm, the promise of a weekend well-spent (...and the best ramen in the city)

Listening to music while cooking something simple (it's usually only a thing on the weekends, but oh well.)

The sun peeking out from the clouds in ever-so-cloudy Sweden. Slowly, the spring is approaching!

I just wanted to let you know that your forum posts are awesome. Such a breath of fresh air. 

• A good cup of coffee in the morning makes me happy. 
  • Snow makes me happy. We’ve had a few snowy days with the temperature low enough for it not to melt and look all fluffy and cinematic. 
  • Vlogs of people living in tiny apartments in Japan. People organizing living spaces in the most optimal way is just so satisfying to watch. 

I agree with @lenasemenkova – your topics are great!

• Going to work. My boss and his wife are like my Scottish family, so it's not really a job, especially since they are my only close friends. And I can walk at least.
  • Morning yoga with Sean Vigue. I hate working out but this is an exception.
  • That's a new one, but being alone. It's rare, but at least I can listen to my music and can do in peace what I like, usually writing or reading.

I used to walk around the area, and I terribly miss it but it's not that safe anymore. 

• A latte in the morning just when I wake up.
  • Rain makes me very happy. I have a big garden in my house in Punta Cana, so everytime it rains I just sit and watch the rain and all my beautiful plants... orchids, hydrangeas, hibiscus, mango and avocado trees... it is beautiful. 🌴🌱
  • Study and learning also makes me happy, posting a new certificate in my portfolio is very satisfactory. 📕💻

These are the posts I look forward to on the forum @katakatica

For me; 

1. I drive to work really early in the morning, and I love to see the mist/fog lingering over the trees and hills. 

2. Lazy weekends; just having coffee and going for scenic drives. 

3. Coming home to my mom on evenings (we’re very close). No matter how tired or late I work, she’s always excited when I finally arrive home because she loves hearing my work stories. I literally spill the tea while we’re sipping tea. I’m working on my own home, so I’ll be leaving in a year, I’m going to miss this a lot. 

When my stocks go up. 
When money drops into my accounts.
When I land a great deal (either buying or selling).

I'm starting to notice a pattern here... I guess I prefer "happiness" that can be numerically quantified. I'm a pattern seeking mammal, and there's nothing quite like numbers in terms of pattern making. I can't compare the happiness of a sunny day to the happiness of listening to a great song, but I can easily compare 10 to 100.

20 hours ago, lenasemenkova said:

I just wanted to let you know that your forum posts are awesome. Such a breath of fresh air. 

20 hours ago, kataedits said:

I agree with @lenasemenkova – your topics are great!

•  

18 hours ago, priyab468 said:

These are the posts I look forward to on the forum @katakatica

I'm so glad you guys like these! It's been a little rough living abroad alone from my family (and just, working in general) so I feel like trying to just share what we love about our lives is helping in a way as well (and honestly, the forum needs more of this!) I am planning to compile another photo-based post sometime soon (mostly food photos, because...it's been awesome!) but just in general wanting to help create more fun activity on here! 

19 hours ago, aarontgladiator said:

1. Playing Video Games

What are you playing these days? I'm hooked on Dead Cells and Nobody Saves the World but looking for other stuff (especially off-line for all the commuting I do.) I do count games as research but it's probably a bit... farfetched to do so! 

17 hours ago, visualstudios said:

I guess I prefer "happiness" that can be numerically quantified

That's so interesting to be honest - I never really think of happiness as something that can be measured in numbers - but it definitely makes sense. As I became mostly self-sufficient, I do get joy whenever I get new art for my game/profile though (and usually, they are great deals, so!) 

19 hours ago, spaintranslator said:

orchids, hydrangeas, hibiscus, mango and avocado

That sounds beautiful... I live in the countryside but there's only boring/still-dead trees here (well, right now.) But it's something else when everything is covered in snow... I've always preferred living in the South, so I'm a little surprised that I find it really nice here (but it's honestly awesome.)

20 hours ago, kataedits said:
  • Going to work. My boss and his wife are like my Scottish family, so it's not really a job, especially since they are my only close friends. And I can walk at least.
  •  

That sounds so nice to be honest - I remember back when I was living in Scotland that some night-walks felt a bit sketchy (we had a path from the train station to my home that wasn't very well-lit, and well, I was pretty young!) but I loved living there. And having close friends there as someone who lives abroad is great as well (it can get lonely...I know!)

20 hours ago, lenasemenkova said:
  • Snow makes me happy. We’ve had a few snowy days with the temperature low enough for it not to melt and look all fluffy and cinematic. 
  •  

Commuting in snow I don't like (not when it's falling, at least) but the first time I visited Stockholm, it was just starting to fall... the park I went to was absolutely magical. It can be really nice to just sit by the window and watch things just, change, too. (especially with some good tea/coffee.)

Three things that makes me happy...hmm...

Food.
Money.
The people I care about.

.......OK, that doesn't sound too fancy. Let me get a bit more specific.

I love food (ramen, sushi, steak, you name it) but since spring is slowly coming that means the sakura chiffon cake will be in Starbucks soon!
When I see that light pink chiffon cake with the cherry blossom flower on top (and they always use a real flower!) it makes me quite happy.

Next, money. I know some people say money is the root of all evil (am I saying it right??) but I disagree, it's not the money, it's the greediness of humans.
Also I know they say money can't buy you happiness but I know that money CAN solve a lot of problems, so yes, money makes me happy.
I am happy to say that I enjoy my job too, but I enjoy getting paid even more. Wow, I'm starting to sound like a not-so-good person.

And finally, the people I care about. Family, friends, good coworkers. I don't think I need to get into the details here.
I am surrounded by great people that makes me happy.

Archived