I keep getting blocked by some sellers for asking some questions I have related to their work

naseemhasan468

Hello guys, I am researching about dropshipping and I found a couple of sellers, and I wanted to ask some questions related their services so that later-on I could take their services. But I don't know they suddenly blocked me, I just asked some simple questions that's it but I wanted to ask some things and later-on maybe take their services but they suddenly blocked me because when I clicked on their profiles it wasn't showing it, why is this happening? Is asking question related to their services wrong?

I am not sure if any of us could answer on behalf of the sellers who blocked you. Sellers generally would block buyers that they find rude or inconsiderate. Mind to tell us what exactly did you ask to them? considering that you're blocked by "some sellers", not just one particular seller.

Basically I said that I am planning on starting dropshipping soon, and although I have studied things related to dropshipping from other places, but I am looking for guidance how to setup a store and everything, and before I take their services I had couple of more queries and such.

But I messaged in detail about it, and that's it, I mean I wasn't rude or anything at all, but they just blocked me, I don't know why, I just had some questions I thought that I ask before I can purchase their services.

I asked the same question to a couple of sellers some did respond but at least 3 of them blocked me the minute I messaged them this.

The way you describe it, it sounds like you are trying to get sellers to teach you how to start a drop shipping business. If they sell set up of a drop shipping website store, they are not offering to teach you anything. Therefore, you are contacting them for information that does not relate to buying their services. That is considered spam by Fiverr, as you are not contacting them to place an order.

I sell writing services and occasionally get people messaging me to ask how they can write great content for their website, etc. It is not my job to teach other people how to do what I'm offering. Perhaps that is how these sellers viewed your messages, which would warrant a block.

Another possibility is that the seller is already too busy to take on more work or they are scam artists who do not understand what you are asking because they do not actually know how to complete the work.

The dropshipping business in their business includes setting up dropshipping store for you, I just had some questions based on it, just some queries before I could purchase their services there was nothing about them teaching me anything, but I think maybe they were just busy probably didn't want to answer any questions or maybe preferred if someone would purchase their services and not contact them but I just found the block weird because I just asked some questions that's it, they could have chosen to ignore it but the block just seemed weird to me. I guess what I can do for now is do my research about the seller and if they fit in what I am looking for I can than purchase their services and talk to them during that period.

On 2/6/2022 at 8:14 PM, naseemhasan468 said:

I am looking for guidance how to setup a store and everything, and before I take their services I had couple of more queries and such.

This sounds as if the sellers may think you expect them to spend a lot of time on giving guidance, and answering some unquantifiable "couple of more queries", and in the end not getting the job, because either they told you everything you wanted to know by then, or you may find their price for what you'd actually order, too high. Multiply the time they suspect to spend with perhaps no return at all with a potentially high number of people asking for that, and you may have the reason for the block. They may have bad experience with a lot of people taking their time for granted.

Perhaps it would help to write up any queries you may have in advance and put them right in your first message, so the sellers can "see an end" to the queries (maybe even have the answers typed up already, if you're not the first to ask those questions), and if you're looking for time-intensive guidance, maybe consider asking the sellers for a custom offer for that, like for half an hour, or an hour of their time, depending.

If you're not actually asking for guidance, I'd drop that line, it does somewhat sound like asking for a lot of time from a stranger for free.

Just trying to add some perspective, it's perfectly understandable that you'd like to know what you're going to buy, and to ask the sellers a few questions, of course. But if you get blocked by several sellers, it certainly makes sense to wonder, and try a different approach.

Good luck with your project, there are lots of great sellers on here, and I'm sure you can find one, or however many you may need.

Archived