Jump to content

New Sellers on fiverr


niidda

Recommended Posts

Sellers who are new on fiverr . Even after many days they are not getting order. because he doesn't have a reviews, that's why the client doesn't  believe him. Sellers who understand this should guide on how new sellers improve yourself.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Every single person on this platform started with 0 reviews.  Yes, of course reviews matter.  But what separates those who are successful on the platform those who are not is a combination of great product/service, great sales/marketing, and great customer service. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, niidda said:

Sellers who understand this should guide on how new sellers improve yourself

Or maybe the new seller should take the basic freelancing course by Fiverr, take some skills tests on the platform, provide insightful and accurate information about their experience on their profile and read, read, read tons of official links and advice gave out by users on this forum without waiting for orders or to be spoonfed

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Fiverr give you the information to diagnose your own issue.

  • If you have low impressions, check your gig title and keywords
  • If your impressions are good but your clicks are low, then your gig images need work (Definitely check yours.  I looked at your gigs and those gig images would never make me click your gig.)
  • If your clicks are good but you aren't getting orders, then it is probably your gig description and/or how you are communicating with potential buyers. 
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm afraid that your gigs are very generic, and sadly nothing stands out.
I'm sure you are just trying to sound friendly but you need to remove the "dear" from your profile description, that is a huge turn-off for a lot of buyers here.
You need to work on the overall description of your gigs too.

There are plenty of new sellers who got orders pretty quickly, and that's because they knew how to do business and their gigs looked professional. I'm afraid yours is not there yet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I pretty much adopted every best practice in optimizing my gig profile. And still I only got like 110 impression over the course of 3 weeks. No clicks whatsoever. 

For me, marketing my service has been my biggest Achilles heel.

Should I double down on my portfolio website ( buy new domains for the site, seek for job boards ) or just try to hang in the platform a bit longer ? Any feedbacks on my profile would be welcome. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, psykkopatte said:

You have to sell services for 5€ and get some reviews, it's the best strategy to get some at the very beginning.

This sounds like a gross oversimplification.  Are you referring to some specific niche?  People often discount some to get the ball rolling but why would someone whose gig is realistically valued at, and the market will support, $50, $100, and more sell their service for $5?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, cs_evans said:

This sounds like a gross oversimplification.  Are you referring to some specific niche?  People often discount some to get the ball rolling but why would someone whose gig is realistically valued at, and the market will support, $50, $100, and more sell their service for $5?

Cause it's the only solution when you start from 0 to get reviews when it's the main thing that buyers are watching to order from a seller when you don't have any orders and any reviews since weeks ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, psykkopatte said:

Cause it's the only solution when you start from 0 to get reviews

I completely disagree with this, 100%.  In fact, as a buyer, if I saw someone selling a service for $5 which I knew to be valued at far above that I would immediately question any ratings they have and become distrustful of what I would be getting, i.e., I wouldn't touch it with a 10-meter pole.  There are in fact many ways to get buyers when you first start out besides selling at bargain-basement prices. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest nokta_graphics
On 2/6/2022 at 1:03 AM, cs_evans said:

Fiverr give you the information to diagnose your own issue.

  • If you have low impressions, check your gig title and keywords
  • If your impressions are good but your clicks are low, then your gig images need work (Definitely check yours.  I looked at your gigs and those gig images would never make me click your gig.)
  • If your clicks are good but you aren't getting orders, then it is probably your gig description and/or how you are communicating with potential buyers. 

Yes! Every new seller can follow this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, cs_evans said:

I completely disagree with this, 100%.  In fact, as a buyer, if I saw someone selling a service for $5 which I knew to be valued at far above that I would immediately question any ratings they have and become distrustful of what I would be getting, i.e., I wouldn't touch it with a 10-meter pole.  There are in fact many ways to get buyers when you first start out besides selling at bargain-basement prices. 

It might depend about the niche but in my case at the very beginning i started video editing, I was a beginner still, I wasn't sure of me, started to do editing and practiced, I first put my prices set at 5€ because no one was coming since 2 weeks, then I've got 1 customer, then 2, then 3, and when i've reached 7 orders, I raised up my prices and became a professionnal video editor, and out of fiverr I've been working for big people on twitch and youtube, and it has all started with 7 services for 5€.
So I guess it 100% work when you have nothing for weeks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, psykkopatte said:

at the very beginning i started video editing, I was a beginner still, I wasn't sure of me, started to do editing and practiced,

So, in that case you were basically a paid intern and your gigs were worth $5.  So charging $5 was appropriate.  There are plenty of people, tons of people, who come here with decades of real-world experience who wouldn't even think of charging so little for their service. 

 

9 minutes ago, psykkopatte said:

So I guess it 100% work when you have nothing for weeks

Again, you are making a blanket statement.  If your statement were true, the forums would not be full to a sickening level of people selling $5 gigs and begging for help because they can't get work. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, cs_evans said:

So, in that case you were basically a paid intern and your gigs were worth $5.  So charging $5 was appropriate.  There are plenty of people, tons of people, who come here with decades of real-world experience who wouldn't even think of charging so little for their service. 

 

Again, you are making a blanket statement.  If your statement were true, the forums would not be full to a sickening level of people selling $5 gigs and begging for help because they can't get work. 

In my case yes absolutly, and about the others hanging and those "illustrators" selling things for 5€ that we see everydays on the forum, this is different, they can't sell a 5€ service because they are absolute incompetents and jesters copying the other's content and do the same copy/paste gigs as the others and have 0 originality and aren't unique at all.
In my case, before pretending to sell services I had a minimum experience and knowledge in my niche to do something decent, it was just a new world to me and the first time ever I was seling services to random people I didn't know.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest ruthsalmun

Should is a pretty strong word. In my experience it doesn't matter how much I read on the forum if I don't try it out. Like, other sellers already put tips in here, but you need to put in the work. One of the reasons is yes, lack of reviews, but most of the time the problem is with your gig and you as a seller being unactive. I get gigs from the buyers requests. Someone there gave me a chance and now I have reviews, the reason I get less orders now is because I want high paying jobs, you can get them if you are experienced and have good work to show, and you can show you have the ability if the buyer were to request it. So it also comes down to what kind of seller you are, did you read all of fiverr's guidelines, have you taken at least one fiverr course? Have you taken fiverr tests? Have you sent offers? Did you take the time to customize your gig? How much work do you put into your craft. If you haven't thought about this the forum won't be able to solve all of those things to take into account.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...