Why is Fiverr not working (even a little) for me?

Hey,

Kinda new to fiverr, took an online course from an established voiceover artist on how to "make money" on fiverr!! She spoke of thousands of hits a month etc etc.... I have currently 69 impressions and 1 listen? Not to sound my own horn but I am a professionally trained VO artist in the NYC area with studio demo"s!. Have been out of the biz for a number of years and decided to get back in and make some money! I am looking for an agent (which is like swimming in mud) while signing up for these sites that want you to subscribe monthly or yearly just to audition!! Really? What happened to you make money I make money?? The latest is a company that claims to be a talent agent, but when they called they offered me a spot on their team for the low price of 250 bucks! I have booked 1 gig on upwork and thats it(its been several months!). Wondering if I'm the only one experiencing this? I have reached out to the person whose 4 week seminar on how to work with fiverr I bought and heard back once with (check your word choices and other obtuse suggestions) Other sites live off those "$5 is my budget for an audiobook recording", I want a real career and if its through fiverr great!!! but there has to be something I'm missing.. Do I reach out to fiverr management? Is there a trick that someone can share??

I am desperate and want this to work...... I even went down to start at 5 bucks for the first 100 words and guess what? NADA!!!

Please help if you can.....

Much love

Tim

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, mandyzines said:

I think that it's helpful having other people (and ears) around who are willing to listen to what you've recorded and offer critiques or even criticisms.

Thank you...I have done work in the past and know my demos are solid (have gotten great input on audition recordings and redo some before I send them out) and still nothing...all my inquiries for agents come back loving my voice etc. and then the "for just 700 bucks or just 40/month" stuff happens and I lose faith thinking they are all just scams....I paid the premium with mandy voices and still have not book a gig?...cant see throwing more money at these companies....

But thank you Mandy.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

You could check your prices are competitive.  You've currently no reviews on the VO gig and for a 200 word voice over with commercial rights you charge $65 (1 day delivery would be $15 extra).

A top rated seller showing on the first page of the best selling list for VO charges $25 for 200 words with commercial rights and a 1 day delivery and he has >16,000 reviews.

So maybe reduce the price (eg. of the commercial rights) until you have more reviews on the gig.

I am a professionally trained VO artist in the NYC area with studio demo"s!...

Do I reach out to fiverr management?

You could fill in the Pro seller application form if you'd want that.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Hi - @voicesbytimk, I can only echo what others have said - and sadly, past experience counts for zilch when starting out on 5r. On a more specific point, @uk1000 is absolutely right in my opinion. You're comm rights and broadcast rights are way out of kilter with your base offering. I would reduce them (dramatically). Also, I took a quick peek at your gig - and as a fellow (Brit) vo artist, my suggestion would be to drop the audio sales slot in your gig demo and just display your showreel. Buyers know how much you charge -  they can read it, so they don't need to have a voice telling them that too. Also, add more FAQs might help. Above all, look at what the TRS and L2 sellers are doing & how they present themselves on their gigs and emulate it. Hope that helps. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, uk1000 said:

You could check your prices are competitive.  You've currently no reviews on the VO gig and for a 200 word voice over with commercial rights you charge $65 (1 day delivery would be $15 extra).

A top rated seller showing on the first page of the best selling list for VO charges $25 for 200 words with commercial rights and a 1 day delivery and he has >16,000 reviews.

I fully agree. A lot of people create new gigs without studying the market and they ask for a ridiculous amount of money when compared to more experienced sellers. Then they come here asking for help because they have no sales. Well, if you're serious about doing this, you must assess the market and see what prices are competitive... Even if the OP is a professional with lots of experience, building up a profile with lower prices is something he should do. But he knows better I guess. 

• Like 3
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/5/2022 at 10:27 AM, donnovan86 said:

A lot of people create new gigs without studying the market and they ask for a ridiculous amount of money

$65 isn't a ridiculous price for 200 words, however, I do agree that to get rolling it helps to be competitive to get those first reviews in. $5 jobs are likely to get more clicks and orders, but don't do that for long. You can't sustain yourself on crumbs. 

I've looked at your profile and gig. You could definitely optimise it more. I have a couple of suggestions. 

I would take out "I'm NEW to Fiverr!" Clients can see the date you joined on your profile and announcing that you are NEW here might attract buyers you don't want with budgets you don't like.  

"I'm experienced in" would sound more impactful than "I enjoy recording". You want to come across as a safe bet professional and not a hobbyist. I'm not suggesting for a second that it's just your hobby, just how it might come across at while you're working on getting orders and reviews. 

Be careful about too much repetition. You say a couple of times that people can contact you, so you can drop the last couple of sentences. 

Consider taking the smiley faces out of your description. The occasional smiley and thumbs up when chatting with clients is fine, but I find them unprofessional in descriptions and bios. 

Your FAQ's could use a bit of TLC. You answer one question with yes... Is there more to come from that answer? 🙂 The first two FAQ's about commercial rights could be combined into one.

I hope that's helpful. Taking care over these things goes a long way with clients. Success on Fiverr depends as much on great communication and client confidence as it does on your particular skill set. 

I wish you well as you build your business here!

• Like 3
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/4/2022 at 6:00 PM, uk1000 said:

So maybe reduce the price (eg. of the commercial rights) until you have more reviews on the gig.

You could fill in the Pro seller application form if you'd want that.

Thanks...I did lower to 5 bucks for the first 100 words....will try including the rights also??

• Like 2
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/6/2022 at 6:08 AM, leannelrivers said:

$65 isn't a ridiculous price for 200 words, however, I do agree that to get rolling it helps to be competitive to get those first reviews in. $5 jobs are likely to get more clicks and orders, but don't do that for long. You can't sustain yourself on crumbs. 

I've looked at your profile and gig. You could definitely optimise it more. I have a couple of suggestions. 

I would take out "I'm NEW to Fiverr!" Clients can see the date you joined on your profile and announcing that you are NEW here might attract buyers you don't want with budgets you don't like.  

"I'm experienced in" would sound more impactful than "I enjoy recording". You want to come across as a safe bet professional and not a hobbyist. I'm not suggesting for a second that it's just your hobby, just how it might come across at while you're working on getting orders and reviews. 

Be careful about too much repetition. You say a couple of times that people can contact you, so you can drop the last couple of sentences. 

Consider taking the smiley faces out of your description. The occasional smiley and thumbs up when chatting with clients is fine, but I find them unprofessional in descriptions and bios. 

Your FAQ's could use a bit of TLC. You answer one question with yes... Is there more to come from that answer? 🙂 The first two FAQ's about commercial rights could be combined into one.

I hope that's helpful. Taking care over these things goes a long way with clients. Success on Fiverr depends as much on great communication and client confidence as it does on your particular skill set. 

I wish you well as you build your business here!

Thank you! Will try a few things

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

HI  can anyone explain why the gig impressions go down from one day to the next?? it seems weird that from one day to the next the number of impressions goes down and up and so does the number of clicks??

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/1/2022 at 3:15 PM, voicesbytimk said:

it seems weird that from one day to the next the number of impressions goes down and up and so does the number of clicks??

It will likely change from day to day because different people will be searching for different gigs (or viewing the subcategory pages), new gigs will keep being added, there's about 29,398 active voice over services (which would take 613 pages to display them all if there was no filtering used), but Fiverr only shows up to about 20 pages of them.

Basically there's a lot of competition in that subcategory and Fiverr will likely be altering the positions of gigs to give some VO gigs a chance (or more of one - ie. a higher position) on some days and others a chance on other days (eg. gig rotation) - so that could account for some of the impressions going up and down day to day. Plus the gigs that are already doing well and are by higher level sellers will probably have more chance of being found in the top pages.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 1