My first time as a buyer and I wonder ...

boomtripipattan

I have been with Fiverr since 2016 but only a seller. Now that I am working on my project and I want a line art avatar for myself, so I just switch to be a buyer.

The first fiverr's seller I contacted make me wonder what did I do wrong. This is my first time ordering an art. I read the packages, and see that the basic one for $5 is enough for me. 

--

I messaged the guy ask him, I really like his line art, what do I have to do to order.

He asked for a reference, I sent him my picture (Very similar to my profile picture here, I want my avatar, he asked reference. It's the right move, isn't it?). 

He asked what is my budget.

I messaged him asking about the $15 package and the clarification which is as describe on the package with attached his previous work that show on Fiverr.   

Then he told "that is not possible and ask me to find someone else" 

--

SO, I wonder is it normal nowadays that the seller just create a cheap package to attract view but don't accept it.

I know that every work consume time and experience, I am also a seller but all the packages I published, they are as described. If it more expensive why don't add some note on the description. 

When you are a seller and also a buyer, you know that the service can be better. It's just some bad first time experience (in my perspective) I had. I found a new and she is so nice. 

Screen Shot 2565-02-04 at 15.55.15.png

2 minutes ago, rabihumakhan said:

Well,  I wouldn't suggest to report that particular seller but it is somehow against ToS to post a price for your service and then refuse to work at it. 

Why?  I clearly state on my gigs that I reserve the right to refuse any script (I do VO work) I do not deem appropriate.  

15 minutes ago, boomtripipattan said:

I messaged the guy ask him, I really like his line art, what do I have to do to order.

He asked for a reference, I sent him my picture. 

He asked what is my budget.

I messaged him asking about the $15 package and the clarification which is as describe on the package with attached his previous work that show on Fiverr.   

Then he told "that is not possible and ask me to find someone else" 

There are two sides to every position and there isn't enough info to really give feedback here other than thoroughly check the other persons profile, FAQ's, and reviews.  

Was there a language barrier? Are you being realistic about what could have fit in the $5 (or $15, you said both) gig? Were there extenuating circumstances?

Even though I am a beginner on Fiverr, I'm playing the long-game and I tell probably between 10 and 20% of the people I talk to I can't work with them, politely though. 

2 minutes ago, cs_evans said:

There are two sides to every position and there isn't enough info to really give feedback here other than thoroughly check the other persons profile, FAQ's, and reviews.  

- He has very good review apparently. That's why I message him.

3 minutes ago, cs_evans said:

Was there a language barrier? Are you being realistic about what could have fit in the $5 (or $15, you said both) gig? Were there extenuating circumstances?

For $5 is only in my thought. For 15$, is what I asked the guy clarification. I am not sure about what being realistic, I don't the what is the price suppose to be for this kind of art, I just ahold on what he writes in the description, that's all. 

My Avatar, 1 figure (reference is similar to my profile picture), color (in $15 package has this state in the description) 

Language barrier should't be a problem. 

The conversation we had, is very short, as I write on the post. 

Archived